2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

23 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Announcer on Golf Channel (Aaron) says Spieth has been relying more on a squeeze fade off the tee with his driver. 

One of you golf guru's please define "squeeze fade" ?? 

(Found this on Hogan's Power fade...  https://treelight.com/golf/swing/why-you-want-ben-hogans-power-fade/  )

I'm sure it is different in everyone's mind,  but to me it is tee it down and back in the stance just a bit. Aim a bit left and hang on. You might pull it on occasion but it can't hook. Completely takes the left side out of play and a cut usually lands pretty soft so it doesn't get away from you like a draw or a hook. Won't go as far. 

At his best,  tiger was hitting this off the tee. 

Edited by pops

43 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I'm trying to figure out what he was trying to do there.

Pray it hits the pin maybe?

Talking about the 2nd shot. I thought it was a replay. Didn’t realize they were all their own water balls.

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, smwhorn said:

I just can't seem to root for BDC.  I don't really know why truthfully.  I just find myself rooting against him when they show him on the telly-vision.  

Popular opinion thread is ---------->

Edited by pops

9 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Jordan just led the field in round 1 SG: Off the Tee. Let that one sink in for a bit.

Yeah, needed some better approach shots to get a couple more birdies -- had a chance to go low but couldn't.

But hell, -2 is a great score 1st Rd for Jordan

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Rory looks too happy. Maybe that's the issue. He has a beautiful wife and daughter and like a billion dollars. Maybe he should start banging cocktail waitresses. He'd be unstoppable.

If you want to put a timeline on it, Spieth started sucking around the time he got married.  Maybe it just takes a few years to figure it out.

Bryson doubled #10 to start - 4 under since then sitting in the fairway on #9.

He's birdied 17 both days now. Good way to set yourself up to contend on the weekend. 

And he's going to birdie #9. Almost chipped in for eagle. Also had 7.5 feet for bird on #8 but missed it.

Curious to see if Sergio can keep it up.

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, dieucla98 said:

I'm not fortunate enough to have played TPC Sawgrass, but it has always looked gimmicky as fuck to me. Any golf course is hard when the widest flat area is all of 2 square feet on the entire course and there is a Pacific Ocean's worth of water.

It looks like a very tough course and, based on what I've seen watching the tournament on tv a bit this afternoon, most of these guys are struggling with it. I don't watch many tournaments but I like watching the pros play tough courses. That short par 3 with the fast peninsula green is a little monster. 

36 minutes ago, Borachio said:

I'm playing the Stadium course,  Dye's Valley course and the King and Bear in mid April.   Then Torrey Pines South in May.  That's all I got. 

I got a rejection notice Wednesday on my tickets for the PGA Championship in May and had to apply for a refund... so yeah

Sawgrass is a fun track to play, I love what they can do to that place if they want to. They can make it unplayable if they want to. It’s a Pete Dye course so you have to block out lots of things in sight lines that aren’t even in play.

When I played it a few years back several tour players were there practicing. I asked my caddie if those guys were playing that day. He said are you kidding? The tour guys aren’t playing here with the rough this high. Kind of floored me, it wasn’t unplayable by any stretch.