Donald Hawkins ??

TwiceHorn

So, this guy has been fairly outspoken on a number of Texas issues. https://twitter.com/That_Boi_Dhawk

According to wikipedia, he was a juco from NW Miss. CC and played 2012 and 2013 at UT.  And was First Team All Big XII in 2013 as an OT?  UDFA in 2014.  Journeyman NFL player with no starts.

I have zero recollection of this guy.  None.  Name doesn't even ring a bell.

I suppose that I am likely to forget an OL or DL over the years, particularly from that disastrous era, but I find it strange that his name doesn't even ring a bell.

Anyone else?

Edited by TwiceHorn

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, this guy has been fairly outspoken on a number of Texas issues. https://twitter.com/That_Boi_Dhawk

According to wikipedia, he was a juco from NW Miss. CC and played 2012 and 2013 at UT.  And was First Team All Big XII in 2013 as an OT?  UDFA in 2014.  Journeyman NFL player with no starts.

I have zero recollection of this guy.  None.  Name doesn't even ring a bell.

I suppose that I am likely to forget an OL or DL over the years, particularly from that disastrous era, but I find it strange that his name doesn't even ring a bell.

Anyone else?

He played pro after UT (I think KC) but got into concussion protocol and while he was waiting to get cleared medically, he got passed over and ended up out of the league. Last I saw him was last summer. He was hanging around The Opening at The Ford Center in Frisco trying to network his way into his next career. 

Not the most friendly guy, but he was there to try to get a foot in the door somewhere, not to talk with people. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

He was very good player on a mediocre team (boy that sounds familiar). Had a cup of coffee in the NFL and even got some PT with the Cowboys. He's an o line trainer now and actually worked with the Brocks (fuck em). From the sounds of it, it seems like he was steering them towards UT but we all know how that ended. 

Edited by TankedBevo

5 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

He was very good player on a mediocre team (boy that sounds familiar). Had a cup of coffee in the NFL and even got some PT with the Cowboys. He's an o line trainer now and actually worked with the Brocks (fuck em). From the sounds of it, it seems like he was steering them towards UT but we all know how that ended. 

Lol . So can we assume his initial audition as a recruiter didn't go well?

I wish him well.