The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

23 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

You've been screaming since the day Trump was elected that he was a traitor to these United States, completely in Putin's pocket, and that Mueller was going to nail him to the fucking wall and he'd be impeached.

Now you've moved the goalposts to "Well, maybe he's just a moron?"

We all know he's a fucking moron.  Plenty of people have pointed out (myself included) that Trump was too dumb to collude with Russia and was using the DNC "hack" like the shitbag opportunist he is to fuck with the Dems and Hillary.  Yet you and the goon squad went straight to "Trump is a secret Russian agent!  He deserves to be hanged from the tallest tree we can find!" 

So I'm gonna call bullshit on your backpedaling.  Own it, you one man propaganda mill.  If Mueller doesn't indict anyone else and Trump gets off scot-fucking-free because he didn't do shit, you look like a fucking reactionary, Aggy nut squeezing idiot. This is fucking awful for you if Mueller's report is full of nothing. 

Consequently, it's awful for the rest of us too, because you and the people like you in the media have spent the past two years promising that Captain America-Mueller is going to find out all the evil shit Trump did with Putin to steal the election and Scooby-Doo his ass to jail.  Now Trump is going to be vindicated and average yokel voters across the country are gonna lap his shtick up for the next 18 months.  Prepare thy anus for four more years of the Cheeto.

Denzel.gif

Republicans were gonna do cartwheels over anything that didn't involve Trump getting arrested on live television. The media/twitter personalities got everyone riled up and suckered in to the Russian collusion angle, which has effectively devalued the daily onslaught of horrible Trump bullshit right in front of our eyes. 

I'm sure the Mueller report is still pretty juicy. But MSM and Twitter Resisters are in this for their own personal and monetary gain and did a disservice to the American public. They profited by creating expectations that could never be met.  Everyone in the GOP is acting in bad faith. Know your enemy. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Uh, there’s a difference between what I think and what I think Mueller might conclude.

Trump is a traitor compromised by Putin but there’s no way Mueller can report that, it would be irresponsible for him to do so. 

The closest he can come is to conclude that Trump is an unregistered foreign agent and even that might be a bridge too far. 

It’s called nuance

What the fuck?

So now you're backpedaling even further to "Well, Trump really is a Russian agent who stole the election, but the guy I swore up and down would nail Trump for it and expose it all and who also happens to be the greatest American since John Kennedy or Abraham Lincoln actually can't nail him because it would be irresponsible

More irresponsible than leaving a traitor who stole the election in the highest office in the land?  Or can you just admit that you're a blowhard whose narrative has folded like a cheap fucking tent?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, notre dame joe said:

Because it was a partisan investigation of prosecutors.  IF Mueller did the same thing to Obama's Chicago connections or Crooked Hilary's allies it would be far worse.  But they are the pro-establishment politicians and thus will not face the heat. 

How was it partisan?

1 minute ago, SpiralOut said:

Take a breath.  Go back.  Re-read my post real slow.  Then realize I absolutely don't want four more years of Trump.  But you folks screaming "Russian agent!  Traitor!  Impeach!  Impeach!" at the top of your lungs since he got elected have basically guaranteed that.

You must see that he acts, continually, as someone who has been bought and paid for, right.

I mean, it's seriously out there for all to see, and not even a little bit.

Arguing from a point of "he's not because it hasn't been proven" is turning a blind eye to his conduct out in the open.

Just be rational

Just now, TexEx15 said:

So after al the arrests, indictments, pleas, convictions etc. you are going to run with the political hit job narraitve while not addressing the way Trump runs his administration as it relates to the banana republic description...  OK. Cool, Hook’Em.

None of what you described has anything to do with Russian collusion. That is what all this was supposed to be about right? 

Just like the Whitewater investigation was never supposed to be about oral sex between to consenting adults.

What the fuck?

So now you're backpedaling even further to "Well, Trump really is a Russian agent who stole the election, but the guy I swore up and down would nail Trump for it and expose it all and who also happens to be the greatest American since John Kennedy or Abraham Lincoln actually can't nail him because it would be irresponsible

More irresponsible than leaving a traitor who stole the election in the highest office in the land?  Or can you just admit that you're a blowhard whose narrative has folded like a cheap fucking tent?

Maybe I can draw my own conclusions by watching Trump repeatedly betray the country and eye fuck Putin every time he gets the opportunity. 

Weird how I don’t need some minister of truth to think for myself. 

Just now, Crusher said:

None of what you described has anything to do with Russian collusion. That is what all this was supposed to be about right? 

Just like the Whitewater investigation was never supposed to be about oral sex between to consenting adults.

So sharing polling data with Russia is all good?  For the umpteenth time, I don’t know if the report will definitively state collusion.  But there is plenty of evidence of shady dealings with Russia.  Legal thresholds are another issue.

Yeah its true I call most people on this board who support trump a troll. Its a fault of mine. But its not always true though.

I used to call Swam a troll on the scat site, but that was only because I had a hard time believing a UT grad was so goddamn stupid. Turns out I was wrong and he wasn’t a troll at all, just a complete fucking moron. It took me a time as a fellow UT grad to accept that but eventually I did. And I’ve made it well known that I completely opposed his banishment on this site (@unbantheswam), because I always felt he gave us a ton of great entertainment. 

Kind of similar to the Sack here and there, he’s a real person (or at least I’ve been convinced enough that he is) with real feelings and opinions, just completely wrongheaded. I’m cool with that. 

So for those of you who are real people and aren’t trolls just idiot trump supporters I apologize for calling you trolls. It is after all just the fuckin net. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Because Mueller is a life long Democrat you dumb ass...

You’re either joking or you've watched to much FoxNews. Mueller’s a Republican! You were talking about Mueller, weren’t you?

Edited by Brandywine

I for one an disappointed AF. I was promised by cnn and the surly political elite that orange man bad was gonna be drug out hand cuffs to queens another one bites the dust and Hilary and Bernie were going to swoop in and rescue us for purgatory.  I has a sad now 

• Haha 1

Just now, Crusher said:

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I for one an disappointed AF. I was promised by cnn and the surly political elite that orange man bad was gonna be drug out hand cuffs to queens another one bites the dust and Hilary and Bernie were going to swoop in and rescue us for purgatory.  I has a sad now 

It's time to investigate the investigation!! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Republicans were gonna do cartwheels over anything that didn't involve Trump getting arrested on live television. The media/twitter personalities got everyone riled up and suckered in to the Russian collusion angle, which has effectively devalued the daily onslaught of horrible Trump bullshit right in front of our eyes. 

I'm sure the Mueller report is still pretty juicy. But MSM and Twitter Resisters are in this for their own personal and monetary gain and did a disservice to the American public. They profited by creating expectations that could never be met.  Everyone in the GOP is acting in bad faith. Know your enemy. 

We disagree on a lot but these are great  points, Hank. 

Like I said here before, now pivot and hype up next investigation for fundraising and campaigning and rinse/repeat. 

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Meh. That’s a dumb take and not supported by facts. If that was how it worked then Hillary would have won in a landslide. Trump supporters don’t care about the truth. They are team trump no matter what. Pointing out his malfeasance doesn’t help him politically except with those already on his team.

Huh?

Pointing out his malfeasance?  If Mueller has nothing on Trump it fucking saves his ass for 2020.  Yes, his base is going to support him no matter what.  But there are a lot of people who voted for him and not Hillary who might have switched to someone else this next go around because of this Russian shit.  Now they're being told "Nope.  Sorry.  Trump's an asshole, but he won fair and square and didn't do anything dirty with Russia." 

Trump is going to run with that shit.  Any Democrat that goes up against him in a debate is going to get hammered to the fucking ground with how they pushed that "Trump-Russia" narrative and that it turned out to be bullshit.  This is a guy who got caught on tape talking about how he grabs women's pussies and he won the Presidency.  You don't think the Teflon Don is going to be able to squeeze the Mueller nothingburger for some serious juice in the next campaign cycle? 

Trump being a lying asshole is a known quantity.  People knew that about him and still elected him in '16.  That dog don't hunt.  Him being a legit traitor would.  Except now, after promising that's what we'd all find out and he'd be run out on a rail for it, instead he's being vindicated.  And this doesn't worry you a bit?  Especially when, with a booming economy, his only real political rivals for 2020 are steering as hard left as they can?  Trump just got thrown the world's biggest life preserver.

• Like 1

Just now, williemackgarza said:

So could mueller be trolling and will show up at the wh with a swat team full of seal team operators to tale him down??

No but in all reality, if the dems rolllout a hillary clone for the election, Trump will roll.

There is no Hillary clone in 2020. That's the biggest problem for Donald Trump's re-election hopes.

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

So sharing polling data with Russia is all good?  For the umpteenth time, I don’t know if the report will definitively state collusion.  But there is plenty of evidence of shady dealings with Russia.  Legal thresholds are another issue.

I still haven't figured out how sharing publicly available information with Russia is a crime? They were our friends right. 1980 is calling ...they want their international policy back .

Reset button... anyone..anyone..

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah its true I call most people on this board who support trump a troll. Its a fault of mine. But its not always true though.

I used to call Swam a troll on the scat site, but that was only because I had a hard time believing a UT grad was so goddamn stupid. Turns out I was wrong and he wasn’t a troll at all, just a complete fucking moron. It took me a time as a fellow UT grad to accept that but eventually I did. And I’ve made it well known that I completely opposed his banishment on this site (@unbantheswam), because I always felt he gave us a ton of great entertainment. 

Kind of similar to the Sack here and there, he’s a real person (or at least I’ve been convinced enough that he is) with real feelings and opinions, just completely wrongheaded. I’m cool with that. 

So for those of you who are real people and aren’t trolls just idiot trump supporters I apologize for calling you trolls. It is after all just the fuckin net. 

Then can you quit being such a salty bitch and negging people? 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well sitting presidents can’t be indicted. But they can certainly be unindicted co-conspirators 

Exactly.  Republicans are dancing in the streets as if "no new indictments" is the same thing as "not guilty."

Fact is, they don't give a shit if he's guilty, as long as he's gotten away with it.  Same as with his rapes.  Because even a rapist traitor is better than a god damned libtard.  This is what Fox News has done to us.

3 hours ago, Dolemite said:

They will turn on Mueller. Say that he fucked up the investigation, by not interviewing Trump. Then talk about how he fucked up Enron and the Anthrax investigation.

Aren’t you a pizza gater? Why should anyone listen to anything you say?

Huh?

Pointing out his malfeasance?  If Mueller has nothing on Trump it fucking saves his ass for 2020.  Yes, his base is going to support him no matter what.  But there are a lot of people who voted for him and not Hillary who might have switched to someone else this next go around because of this Russian shit.  Now they're being told "Nope.  Sorry.  Trump's an asshole, but he won fair and square and didn't do anything dirty with Russia." 

Trump is going to run with that shit.  Any Democrat that goes up against him in a debate is going to get hammered to the fucking ground with how they pushed that "Trump-Russia" narrative and that it turned out to be bullshit.  This is a guy who got caught on tape talking about how he grabs women's pussies and he won the Presidency.  You don't think the Teflon Don is going to be able to squeeze the Mueller nothingburger for some serious juice in the next campaign cycle? 

Trump being a lying asshole is a known quantity.  People knew that about him and still elected him in '16.  That dog don't hunt.  Him being a legit traitor would.  Except now, after promising that's what we'd all find out and he'd be run out on a rail for it, instead he's being vindicated.  And this doesn't worry you a bit?  Especially when, with a booming economy, his only real political rivals for 2020 are steering as hard left as they can?  Trump just got thrown the world's biggest life preserver.

No one promised that. That's a talking point from the right.

7 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Youre a straightshooter and have upper middle management written all over you.  Post more. 

I don't like Trump.  I didn't vote for Trump.  I just found Hillary losing to him the most wonderful schadenfreude a person could ever ask for.

So if you think I'm Team Trump, I ain't.  I'm just also not Team Pants on Head Crazy like Dennison and Hugo and the rest.  And their shtick has gotten rather old after two plus years, ya know?

Edited by SpiralOut
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Huh?

Pointing out his malfeasance?  If Mueller has nothing on Trump it fucking saves his ass for 2020.  Yes, his base is going to support him no matter what.  But there are a lot of people who voted for him and not Hillary who might have switched to someone else this next go around because of this Russian shit. Now they're being told "Nope.  Sorry.  Trump's an asshole, but he won fair and square and didn't do anything dirty with Russia." 

The only people those arguments work on are people already on his team. I don’t care about trying to appeal to those people in any way. There are fewer of them than the rest of us. Letting them frame issues and frame debates is how you lose. They ignore reality so we should ignore them. 

A report that his campaign chairman shared polling data with Russia is not a life preserver. A report that his political advisor coordinated with Wikileaks is not a life preserver. Stop saying this “he didn’t do anything dirty with Russia” line. We know for a fact that is a lie. We don’t know if he coordinated to swing the election but we know he did plenty of dirty things with Russia.

Stop caring about the opinions of people who don’t care about the truth. Appeal to those who do with policy and morality. This isn’t hard.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 1

The biggest Dem mistake was focusing on the Russia dead end when they should’ve been looking at Trump’s other issues from the beginning. Instead it’s been all about Mueller/Russia.  Now he’s probably gonna be vindicated on that and he can point to that always when other legit shit happens. Dumb dumb dumb. 

• Like 1

Just now, GRHorn said:

The biggest Dem mistake was focusing on the Russia dead end when they should’ve been looking at Trump’s other issues from the beginning. Instead it’s been all about Mueller/Russia.  Now he’s probably gonna be vindicated on that and he can point to that always when other legit shit happens. Dumb dumb dumb. 

You haven't really paid attention to any of this, have you?

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No one promised that. That's a talking point from the right.

Dude.  Denny.  My boy.  C'mon. 

You've had your fun.  The charade is over. 

2 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

No, I said you're a straight shooter.  Dude, calm down.  I am not trying to put you in a box like the others. 

S'all Good, man.

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Can you email me a copy of the Mueller report? Thx in advance. 

35 minutes ago, SKJ said:

I think your lost.

You actually WANT 4 more years of a complete, inept, shitshow?

Look how far we've fallen

Don't know about the guy you were responding to, but I could care less if Trump says stupid stuff on Twitter or elsewhere.  Fallen though?  I'm better off today than I was 3 years ago, if for no other reason that I've saved on my taxes and I'm getting bonuses at my job that previously weren't there.  As a middle class man with a special needs child and a tight budget, I can appreciate that.  Otherwise my life hasn't really changed between either regime...although my medical deductible went through the roof after ObamaCare and neither party has done jack shit to stop that bleeding.   

Edited by ulukinatme

Just now, ulukinatme said:

Don't know about the guy you were responding to, but I could care less if Trump says stupid stuff on Twitter or elsewhere.  Fallen though?  I'm better off today than I was 3 years ago, if for no other reason than I've saved on my taxes and I'm getting bonuses at my job that previously weren't there.  As a middle class man with a special needs child and a tight budget, I can appreciate that.  Otherwise my life hasn't really changed between either regime...although my medical deductible went through the roof after ObamaCare and neither party has done jack shit to stop that bleeding.   

Jenniferlawrenceokay.gif

19 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You are such a butt hurt lefty.  Please don’t harm yourself tonight.  We need to laugh at you for a long, long time.  

You hitched your wagon to a farce.  And it bit you in the ass. Because your entire world view is you staying in your echo chamber.  And now you can’t cope.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That doesn't matter. Y'all have Donald Trump. He's the Hillary in the 2020 election. He's the person people will be voting against in droves.

You sure fucking nailed the 2016 election    Are you more or less confident than you were in 2016?

Edited by Johnny Sack

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

You are such a butt hurt lefty.  Please don’t harm yourself tonight.  We need to laugh at you for a long, long time.  

You hitched your wagon to a farce.  And it bit you in the ass. Because your entire world view is you staying in your echo chamber.  And now you can’t cope.  

You do realize that it's exactly the same from our standpoint with regard to you, right?