The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'd like for a Trump supporter, any Trump supporter, to explain why they think it's no big deal that Donald Trump lied about his business dealings with Russia during the campaign.

Trump lies about so many things, including things he doesn’t even need to lie about. 

Edited by GRHorn

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I can accept Russia tried to meddle in our elections. The unsubstantiated stories accepted, and reported at face value by our own media are even more serious issues than Russian meddling. Our media tried to meddle in it's own gov'ts very own legitimacy.

So you had a problem with the Hillary Clinton email stories that were reported at face value by the media?

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

No not it's not. 

Yes, it is. It's a right wing talking point and nothing more. It's a way for you to play the victim without acknowledging the dishonesty and shoddy journalism that permeates right wing media outlets at a much higher level than anything the mainstream media has to offer. It's an old trope that is worn out and not taken seriously by anyone with the ability to think critically.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

So you had a problem with the Hillary Clinton email stories that were reported at face value by the media?

I have a problem with any media outlet that reports without strong factual evidence. I also don't like a sitting president telling his DOJ to not investigate someone when there are lots of red flags, and actual crimes (private server, destroying e mails, out right lying about sending top secret intel over unsecured devices, etc. etc. etc.). 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yes, it is. It's a right wing talking point and nothing more. It's a way for you to play the victim without acknowledging the dishonesty and shoddy journalism that permeates right wing media outlets at a much higher level than anything the mainstream media has to offer. It's an old trope that is worn out and not taken seriously by anyone with the ability to think critically.

Nah as usual you're just lying.

I have a problem with any media outlet that reports without strong factual evidence. I also don't like a sitting president telling his DOJ to not investigate someone when there are lots of red flags, and actual crimes (private server, destroying e mails, out right lying about sending top secret intel over unsecured devices, etc. etc. etc.). 

Which sitting president did that?

34 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You should also have a problem with ANY individual who has taken an oath to uphold the rule of law enter fugue state in response to a media question about unlawful conduct of an official when presented with direct factual evidence of that reality.

Like Jim Jordan this morning.  Look at him.  

Spoiler

It's only going to get harder moving forward for these guys to refuse to have a coherent conversation about the rule of law. 

Edited by triplehorn

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No redactions at all. NRAA. Fuck that shit. 

I agree the national security issue thing gets abused, but if there are assets that can be exposed to possible capture then you have to err on the side of caution IMO.  Ya gotta have this folks backs at all times.

I agree the national security issue thing gets abused, but if there are assets that can be exposed to possible capture then you have to err on the side of caution IMO.  Ya gotta have this folks backs at all times.

Nope. Pull the assets if necessary. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

Nope. Pull the assets if necessary. 

Yeah, not even gonna speculate on that concept other than to say that's probably not practicable, and if someone is highly placed it's far too valuable to just abandon because you think you need to know every single detail of the report.  We have secrets from WWII not disclosed yet.

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

Hide contents

Yeah accept Terry Benedict thwarted his efforts to steal the (gov't) apparently.  The premature ejaculating thought that he would take Trump down didn't materialize.  Try again with a more pertinent movie reference.  

Or anyone under, say, 60

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:
Yeah accept Terry Benedict thwarted his efforts to steal the (gov't) apparently.  The premature ejaculating thought that he would take Trump down didn't materialize.  Try again with a more pertinent movie reference.  

*except

d'oh !

3 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

The problem is that Barr is going to only release information that doesn't hurt Trump's image and all and we may not know jack shit until the Judiciary committee has to subpoena for the whole thing.

If that's what happens today, he's only doing further political damage to the person he is trying to protect.

Was Mueller giving the White House the Pence Gaze across the DMZ?

170417085723-03-mike-pence-dmz-super-tea

Except (accept for you onboard) Mueller's looks more like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpR8vo8ZbY2wH5ttqNkS7

Of course, Mueller is the spearhead of an un-American effort to destroy our country by hiring ebil Dem Clinton assassins to take down the Great Donald Trump who only wants to make America great again. Mueller is the wicked person. Not Donald Trump. 

• Like 1