Where Do Democrats Go From Here

Dbeasy

On 11/8/2020 at 3:30 PM, Pancho said:

Clyburn has been all over the news today saying "defund the police" language hurt Dems in the House and Senate, and I can believe it.  I thought I read somewhere where he and John Lewis had the discussion that this type of rhetoric is bad for the party, especially because people didn't know what it meant. 

I tend to agree.  

He said Lewis compared it to the slogan, "Burn baby, Burn", which he said confused people.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Democrats in Texas as a minority party should really beat the drum of Medicaid expansion. Enough Republican states have passed it, mostly through referendum (don’t quote me). It’s popular with people and can easily be a quick win for either party should they run on it. All the Republicans who ran on healthcare as shadowed conservatives to the public should embrace it, right?

30 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Democrats in Texas as a minority party should really beat the drum of Medicaid expansion. Enough Republican states have passed it, mostly through referendum (don’t quote me). It’s popular with people and can easily be a quick win for either party should they run on it. All the Republicans who ran on healthcare as shadowed conservatives to the public should embrace it, right?

I agree. They should talk about it everyday and highlight how Texas leads the nation in the number uninsured children.

Think Andrew Yang said it best when he said the majority of Democrats only beat the drum of Donald Trump and GOP bad- if we could only get him out of there then we can go back to the way things were. To what exactly? No vision for the future, same ole same ole has equaled letting middle class America disintegrate before our eyes.  

Long gone are the days of a one working parent household. Two parents are working and still many are struggling. What is the path forward?