Biden-Harris Saturday Night speech thread

Gil Bang

We watched on CSPAN. OMG, the Trump supporters calling in afterward. Maybe we can get Pelosi to send them a care package or something to distract them for a few months? I mean I’m not thinking of it as a forgiving unifying gesture as much as they need the nuk until they calm down. 

Parents know what I mean when I say ‘nuk’—it’s a pacifier brand. 

18 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

He was the candidate you wanted to have a beer with!

That's true for every president over the past ... well, what, 40 years or so, EXCPETING Trump.

The only thing I'd want to do with Trump is spar.

no pads

58 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

We watched on CSPAN. OMG, the Trump supporters calling in afterward. Maybe we can get Pelosi to send them a care package or something to distract them for a few months? I mean I’m not thinking of it as a forgiving unifying gesture as much as they need the nuk until they calm down. 

Parents know what I mean when I say ‘nuk’—it’s a pacifier brand. 

trump supporters need to get on bandwagon here... this is going to be a great 4 years if they can get their heads out of their asses

My wife was tearing up during Kamala's speech. She took the Hillary loss really hard. Kamala even as VP was a barrier that was ready to be broken. Kamala is a great example of what America is becoming. A mixed raced, first generation American, married to a man outside her race, with bi-racial children. And now she's one heartbeat away from the Presidency. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, thepop said:

There are many more who are crying tears of joy watching her. The little girls out there seeing her as VP must be special for them.

Click on this and check out all of the replies 

Edited by thepop
  • Hook 'Em 1

Throwing out rep left and right. Ex-GOPs, Dems, any GOPs willing to curb their anger: You're all adding to a night where good ol' Joe Biden is stepping up to his best for his country.

I'm glad Harris' speech meant so much to women. She's totally won me over. Biden had a great oration. Among the best moments was when he singled out the African American voters and office holders for being there in the darkest moment. He set it up beautifully by seeming to forget them when he listed all the different people he wanted to serve. Then he singles them out.

I've said it on multiple threads, but the most moving thing to me is that people of color who have got the shit end of the stick so many times keep choosing to make this country what it's supposed to be.

The day for me comes to an end. It's been a great one with no violence (compliments to the Trump supporters). Let's string 75 days like this in a row.

• Like 1