Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Your transformation over the past couple of months from "I'm one of the few rational Republican disgusted by the last 4 years" to disingenuous-just-asking-questions guy to full blown MAGA, "Me alpha, you beta" pathetic bullshit would have been entertaining if it wasn't so god damned predictable.

We all had you pegged since Day 1 (RIP Now this). All it took was a little AOC talk and some flailing attempts at whataboutism, and you just couldn't help yourself.

Oh whatever dude, there is absolutely a sliding scale between being a blue dog Democrat and a MAGA freakazoid. I consider myself a rational Republican, your interpretation of that and opinion may vary and I respect that, but when you act like the Cloakroom is the political version of the Masked Singer and everyone who is not a liberal or Democrat (we are seeing this is two completely different things lately, to my pleasure in a few different ways) is trying to be one or appeal to one, it’s foolishness to me.

But the folks who see the world through the eyes of either you are a “MAGA nazi insurrectionist” or you are a “good boy!-here’s your treat”, I can’t understand you and I think you are a big problem. 

Sorry, specifically to you, if my tone didn’t sound collaborative or was too assertive— I’m not finished with the LinkedIn module and my Diet Coke.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

6 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Oh whatever dude, there is absolutely a sliding scale between being a blue dog Democrat and a MAGA freakazoid. I consider myself a rational Republican, your interpretation of that and opinion may vary and I respect that, but when you act like the Cloakroom is the political version of the Masked Singer and everyone who is not a liberal or Democrat (we are seeing this is two completely different things lately, to my pleasure in a few different ways) is trying to be one or appeal to one, it’s foolishness to me.

But the folks who see the world through the eyes of either you are a “MAGA nazi insurrectionist” or you are a “good boy!-here’s your treat”, I can’t understand you and I think you are a big problem. 

Sorry, specifically to you, if my tone didn’t sound collaborative or was too assertive— I’m not finished with the LinkedIn module and my Diet Coke.

Dude, look at my user name. You act like I don't know exactly what kind of online communities that you frequent where you get virtual high-fives for "low-T" comments.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Dude, look at my user name. You act like I don't know exactly what kind of online communities that you frequent where you get virtual high-fives for "low-T" comments.

What a world. Okay, you win. “Low-T” is an insult that, like the okay sign and other things I guess, have been co-opted by the MAGA and Aggie freaks so I’ll refrain from commenting about some of the more emotional and histrionic posters who, in their advanced age, have lost vigor. 

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

Hahaha Biden not caring. God damn you are one impatient mother fucker

I'm happy to watch a plan in action even if it is slow.

The only thing I've seen is someone on Twitter saying they'll do it in a future reconciliation bill. Which makes zero sense because the parliamentarian has already said no and Biden has already said he won't overrule the parliamentarian.

And they said they aren't touching the filibuster.

I keep asking what the plan is. Can someone tell me?

On 2/26/2021 at 12:48 PM, horn4life said:

The greatest thing about Biden is he actually gives a shit.  He is not a narcissist, who would gladly put a great many people in their grave simply as a distration to divide out country over mask wearing.  

I honestly laugh my fucking ass off at the folks trying the throw shade at Biden. Especially, after being willing to pretend they have had some sort of principles the last four years, as they post today's criticisms. 

But yes Biden is not perfect. But you have to compare him to the scumbag we had before, who EMBRACED a murder. NOT for the good of the American people, but for the good of the finances of Trump and Kushner.  Thankfully we now have a man who knows what SERVING the American people is rather than ONLY SERVING HIMSELF.

I have to respectfully disagree with the opening of your last paragraph.  He needs to be held to a higher standard than Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm happy to watch a plan in action even if it is slow.

The only thing I've seen is someone on Twitter saying they'll do it in a future reconciliation bill. Which makes zero sense because the parliamentarian has already said no and Biden has already said he won't overrule the parliamentarian.

And they said they aren't touching the filibuster.

I keep asking what the plan is. Can someone tell me?

He doesn't have 51 votes to pass the minimum wage bill. You can't do something if it's not possible. 

5 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

He doesn't have 51 votes to pass the minimum wage bill. You can't do something if it's not possible. 

Why did we hear how important and game changing and amazing it was that the Dems flipped the senate and got the tie breaker with Harris then? Were we really assuming everyone would fall in line every time and didn’t foresee this?

Edited by DonkeyCigars

7 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Why did we hear how important and game changing and amazing it was that the Dems flipped the senate and got the tie breaker with Harris then? Were we really assuming everyone would fall in line every time and didn’t foresee this?

It was and is a game changer. Ole turtle would've gridlocked everything for a minimum of 2 years.

Don't be an idiot, they're going to pass a lot of good legislation. No one said the dems would get every single thing they want. 

Fucking entitled fucks bitching about not getting 10/10 they want. I'm good with 5 or 6 out of 10. Sure beats fucking zero under the turtle fuck....

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Are you arguing that Manchin and/or Sinema would vote against the COVID reconciliation bill if Harris overruled the parliamentarian?

Yes, he repeatedly stated he will not vote for it if the minimum wage is included. Is he bluffing? Maybe, but you also need to give him something to save face on with his insane constituents. 

Not only that, this is at least a 2 year play. You don't blow your wad in the first 60 days. Federal minimum wage legislation is far from the most important thing to ram through while pissing off people you need to support your agenda in the future. 

3 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Possibly, but the phasing negates an immediate impact. Voting rights, stimulus, and infrastructure would impact a lot more people immediately. 

What is Alexis Bledel's face shape? | face shapes 101

Of course. Stabilize then have ready to go legislation rolling out. 2022 is coming up quick.

People have packed a lot of hope into this Administration. That's how Democrats win. Dash that hope and . . . kiss the nation we know goodbye. And the economic interests turn ugly.

Democracy requires responsiveness and responsibility to humans who vote. That demands integrity. 

Lay out the plan. In a speech. Make it a fireside chat. 

Time to rally the people with plain talk. 

Good talking with you.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Yes, he repeatedly stated he will not vote for it if the minimum wage is included. Is he bluffing? Maybe, but you also need to give him something to save face on with his insane constituents. 

Not only that, this is at least a 2 year play. You don't blow your wad in the first 60 days. Federal minimum wage legislation is far from the most important thing to ram through while pissing off people you need to support your agenda in the future. 

Nah you blow your wad now during the Honeymoon period. Everybody starts worrying about reelection by the winter so you don’t really have a full 2 years. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Yes, he repeatedly stated he will not vote for it if the minimum wage is included. Is he bluffing?

Yes, he is. He is not going to be the deciding vote that kills COVID relief because he opposes the minimum wage increase. And if he kills it, fine, THEN you re-run it again without minimum wage then put $10M behind his Democratic challenger when he's up for reelection asking, "Why does Joe Manchin want you to stay poor? Why doesn't he do what you want? Why does he care more about his ego and his friends in the Senate than you?"

These Senators are too powerful and they need to be brought to heel for the good of the American people.

Maybe, but you also need to give him something to save face on with his insane constituents. 

Why? His constituents support it.

Joe Biden lets these Senators trample the working poor of America because they are his buddies. There's no larger calculation going on, they are his actual, real-life friends and we are all suffering because a bunch of dying, ancient white men want to feel like buddies.

Vague vague vague vague vague.

What "agenda" items are you even talking about? Why is Joe Manchin the leader of the Democratic Party? Where the fuck is Joe Biden?

What is the plan? Specifics, please.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, he is. He is not going to be the deciding vote that kills COVID relief because he opposes the minimum wage increase. And if he kills it, fine, THEN you re-run it again without minimum wage then put $10M behind his Democratic challenger when he's up for reelection asking, 

You can't really be this dense? Manchin is a democratic senator from West Fucking Virginia. He's a one-eyed lesbian unicorn. You can't fucking primary him and except anything more than a 15-20 point defeat. 

While you're at it, why not have Biden tell Manchin to go fuck himself if he doesn't support every part of his agenda? Yea, let's piss him off so he caucuses with the republicans and they take back majority control of the senate. That would be so much better than passing legislation that includes almost everything you want. If you can't have everything, then fuck it all right? 

These Senators are too powerful and they need to be brought to heel for the good of the American people.

That's an excellent idea that no one has ever thought of before! In other news, I would like to have sex with Scarlet Johansson. 

Joe Biden lets these Senators trample the working poor of America because they are his buddies. There's no larger calculation going on, they are his actual, real-life friends and we are all suffering because a bunch of dying, ancient white men want to feel like buddies.

Yes, it's all mean ole Joe's fault that he doesn't force other adults to do exactly what he wants. Jesus man, you really are a beating bitching and moaning about shit that can't be unilaterally decided by any one person. 

The system sucks, I get. There should be no filibuster, it's terribly undemocratic. No single senator should have that much power. But as the saying goes, it is what it is. The votes aren't there to get rid of it. 

Vague vague vague vague vague.

What "agenda" items are you even talking about? Why is Joe Manchin the leader of the Democratic Party? Where the fuck is Joe Biden?

What is the plan? Specifics, please.

Why the fuck are you asking me something that takes 2 seconds to find? https://is.gd/OnmWu3 

• Like 2

You can't really be this dense? Manchin is a democratic senator from West Fucking Virginia. He's a one-eyed lesbian unicorn. You can't fucking primary him and except anything more than a 15-20 point defeat. 

You just regurgitate punditry you hear without educating yourself about the history of any of this.

West Virginia Senate History
1990 D+37
1994 D+38
1996 D+53
2000 D+57
2002 D+27
2006 D+31
2008 D+27 (Byrd & Rockefeller dominating for decades)
2010 D+9
2012 D+24
2014 R+28
2018 D+3
2020 R+43

We are losing West Virginia because of the culture war. We aren't going to win West Virginia back through woke austerity we're going to win it back through an aggressive campaign of delivering economic results to the people of West Virginia and then telling them that's what we're doing (hence the need for a $10+M campaign demanding economic benefits for those people).

The people whose punditry you regurgitate are woke austerity proponents, so to them West Virginia is an unwinnable hellhole. Obama gave them, "If you uhh like your plan... you can keep it! And uhhhhhhhh learn to code, coal miners!" and a bunch of woke signaling that the coasts and suburbs loved but WV doesn't care about.

Horseshit. WV should be ours and we should go get it. Put checks in their hands and they will come along.

While you're at it, why not have Biden tell Manchin to go fuck himself if he doesn't support every part of his agenda? Yea, let's piss him off so he caucuses with the republicans and they take back majority control of the senate. That would be so much better than passing legislation that includes almost everything you want. If you can't have everything, then fuck it all right? 

Not letting Joe Manchin dictate the entirety of Democratic policy for the entire nation isn't telling him to go fuck himself. 63% of West Virginians want a $15 minimum wage. Manchin should be made to feel the pressure of the desires of his constituency.

Yes, it's all mean ole Joe's fault that he doesn't force other adults to do exactly what he wants.

It's a profound weakness of Joe Biden's leadership that he has no inclination to utilize the bully pulpit to enact positive change because he loves his Senate buddies too much. It's a massive problem.

When it is tried, it gets their attention.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice President Kamala Harris' West Virginia media appearances last week – in which she tried to sell the Biden administration's COVID-19 stimulus plan – didn't go over well with the red state's longtime Democratic senator, Joe Manchin. 

Manchin, whose moderate vote is enough to sink President Joe Biden's agenda in a Senate split 50-50, chided the administration for not giving him a heads up on the interviews, contending "That’s not a way of working together.”

While Manchin and the White House made up, Harris' misstep with the powerful swing senator exemplifies how politically attuned the administration has to be to push through its legislation in a narrowly divided Senate with moderate pockets on both sides. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system sucks, I get. There should be no filibuster, it's terribly undemocratic. No single senator should have that much power. But as the saying goes, it is what it is. The votes aren't there to get rid of it. 

How do we get to a point where we have the votes to do it?

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep, they gave up, they’ll never ever ever try again.  It’s dead! Time to doom after 5 weeks. The Biden presidency is DEAD! 

That rascally Biden, telling you ahead of time it likely wouldn’t pass muster for reconciliation.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

You just regurgitate punditry you hear without educating yourself about the history of any of this.

Nope, I know all about the history of democratic senators in WV. I was referring to the last 10 years or so and the foreseeable future. 

Notice a trend in the numbers you posted? Manchin went from +24 to +3 in 6 years. If you don't see where this is going and think Manchin has a good shot at reelection, I have a lightly used bridge over the San Fransisco Bay to sell you. If he gets primaried by a more liberal candidate, it will be a blood bath. 

Here's a few more for you:

President.thumb.png.829f3e2d65ea8eefb6b46695c01e82e0.png

House

House.png.5b850949754d26883def87a854929b33.png

We are losing West Virginia because of the culture war. We aren't going to win West Virginia back through woke austerity we're going to win it back through an aggressive campaign of delivering economic results to the people of West Virginia and then telling them that's what we're doing (hence the need for a $10+M campaign demanding economic benefits for those people).

The people whose punditry you regurgitate are woke austerity proponents, so to them West Virginia is an unwinnable hellhole. Obama gave them, "If you uhh like your plan... you can keep it! And uhhhhhhhh learn to code, coal miners!" and a bunch of woke signaling that the coasts and suburbs loved but WV doesn't care about.

Horseshit. WV should be ours and we should go get it. Put checks in their hands and they will come along.

Keep fucking that chicken, but I have some bad news for you, West Virginia is as likely to swing back to Democrats as is Jaylon Waddle transferring to Texas. A change in Dem messaging is not going to overcome the fact that it's the 3rd most rural population state in the country along with being last in education (using a number of metrics), etc.. etc....  They already receive the 9th highest amount of federal spending per capita. 

How do we get to a point where we have the votes to do it?

Maybe when were not in 50-50 Senate and moderates are not going to want to use a nuclear option? 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

63% of West Virginians want a $15 minimum wage. Manchin should be made to feel the pressure of the desires of his constituency.

Also, you keep citing this one poll by the totally neutral "One Fair Wage Coalition" as some sort of inalienable truth that his constituents support raising the minimum wage. I'm gonna need to see some more data before I accept that conclusion. 

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh are we doing the “a true progressive message will win WV” thing again when the true progressive they ran in 2020 got 27% of the vote? 

Yes. The "true progressive message" (economic populism) will absolutely win nationwide, but given how the Obama era destroyed state Democratic parties it has to be a national, unified effort led by the presidency, because the Democrats have abandoned everything but the presidency.

The Democrats have become massive losers under the Obama regime. They are the party of woke investment banking and offer nothing to the working poor. If you offer things to the working poor, they like it.

The idea that these people are just too racist to vote for Democrats is liberal self-sucking.

23 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

If you don't see where this is going and think Manchin has a good shot at reelection

I don't think he does. I think he sucks.

A change in Dem messaging is not going to overcome the fact that it's the 3rd most rural population state in the country along with being last in education (using a number of metrics), etc.. etc....  They already receive the 9th highest amount of federal spending per capita. 

Why is any of that an impediment to winning them over?

On 2/26/2021 at 10:48 AM, DonkeyCigars said:

JS1 said it,

West Virginia cannot afford a $15/hr minimum wage. The small businesses in those communities would be disproportionately hit and ultimately the consumers and people would have less job opportunities, less options/choices/convenience, and a lesser quality of life. That's Manchin's take, at least, and I'm not sure that me, a Texan who wipes my rear end with $15 every 15 minutes (gastro issues, don't judge), am in the best position to challenge him on that.

The point is that $15/hour is relative to where you live, the cost of living, the pricing index, etc. and for a small number of Democratic states its not in the best interest of the constituents. The glass half full take is: Hey, at least we have a few of those on the Dem side of the aisles because these crappy areas are usually rural/red/maga territories. The glass half empty is: Who cares about these people and it's about the greater good of the majority of the Dem party/caucus and then you push those folks into GOP's waiting arms when they say "the elite Dem's shut down your Dollar General's with their $15/hour uppity Seattle wages-- we will bring it back down and you can open more pawn shops and urgent cares in your food deserts!"

@bad_teammate, which one are you?
^^ glass half full or glass half empty? 

You keep trying to be the “let me tell you about the benefits of ice” guy, but America isn’t here for that. Read the room.

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Why is any of that an impediment to winning them over?

11.gif.c54b82c408d5632b605775db993a157a.gif

I'm not doing this shit again. The fantasy world where uneducated white rural voters come running to the democratic party because of their economic polices is not a world I live in. They're not leaving the party that uses fear and appeals to their sense of nationalism/xenophobia, and wedge issues like abortion, jesus, and guns. Also throw in a good dose of not having brown/black people take what rightfully belongs to them.

These people have been voting against their actual interests for decades and that's not going to magically change. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

...but America isn’t here for that. Read the room.

What do you know about what America is "here for"? People go where they are lead.

In early 2015 the idea that Trump would win was widely regarded as a laughable impossibility by all the same pundits you guys are listening to now. They thought they had the pulse and then they were wrong so they use the exact same reactive logic and think they have the pulse again.

People are down for Q and all this dumb shit because what else are they even being offered? No one is offering them a way out of their absolute financial hell so at least they can feel some hate.

That's Manchin's take, at least, and I'm not sure that me, a Texan who wipes my rear end with $15 every 15 minutes (gastro issues, don't judge), am in the best position to challenge him on that.

Manchin is wrong. Minimum wage hikes don't kill business or employment.

The fact that your take is just "Welp, Joe says it's true so it must be true!" is why it's useless to talk to people who are either arguing in bad faith (conservatives talking liberal politics) or are just regurgitating punditry they read without researching underlying facts.

We let these Senators run their states like fiefdoms.

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Then why did you start a conversation with me? Put me on ignore I won't notice or care.

I live dangerously and don't have a single poster on ignore. Just because I reply to one of your posts doesn't mean I'm signing up for a ten-page discussion of your nonsense lol. 

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Internet liberals read blue check Twitter and think they're going to educate someone by coughing up hot takes.

2.gif.b62c2f011563e487024179b6f0e697b8.gif

Ah how I've missed "everyone but me is a Republican" b_t. This time with Hugo as the Robin to his Batman!

Welcome back! The combination of "everyone loves super liberal policies if you force them to" from bt and "I'm mad about things that haven't even happened yet" from Hugo is quite the one two punch.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Funny that no one has said the word Republican until the Republican joins in. 

He's got his handful of quips and he's going to force them to fit even if they don't make sense.

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Manchin voted to convict Trump twice and y’all think him supporting abolishing the filibuster or any other progressive policy now would jeopardize his political future in (checks notes) 2024?!?  Oooookay

This.

Manchin doesn't oppose the abolition of the filibuster because of WV voters, he opposes it because he worships the Senatorial brotherhood. Just like Biden does. To the DC elite, what matters is them, not the people. He wants a legacy within the Senate as a bipartisan champion. And if the poor have to starve and go without healthcare, so be it.

22 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What do you know about what America is "here for"? People go where they are lead.

In early 2015 the idea that Trump would win was widely regarded as a laughable impossibility by all the same pundits you guys are listening to now. They thought they had the pulse and then they were wrong so they use the exact same reactive logic and think they have the pulse again.

People are down for Q and all this dumb shit because what else are they even being offered? No one is offering them a way out of their absolute financial hell so at least they can feel some hate.

That's Manchin's take, at least, and I'm not sure that me, a Texan who wipes my rear end with $15 every 15 minutes (gastro issues, don't judge), am in the best position to challenge him on that.

Manchin is wrong. Minimum wage hikes don't kill business or employment.

The fact that your take is just "Welp, Joe says it's true so it must be true!" is why it's useless to talk to people who are either arguing in bad faith (conservatives talking liberal politics) or are just regurgitating punditry they read without researching underlying facts.

We let these Senators run their states like fiefdoms.

I’m just trying to be less white (less certain and more collaborative) and say I can’t say what is best for WV because I’m not WV. It’s like when people want to say what AoC should do or be who haven’t been in the city in decades or ever, much less not live in district. You should be less white (less defensive), too.

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I’m just trying to be less white (less certain and more collaborative) and say I can’t say what is best for WV because I’m not WV. It’s like when people want to say what AoC should do or be who haven’t been in the city in decades or ever, much less not live in district. You should be less white (less defensive), too.

You need to fuck off and quit cluttering up all these threads. Get out of here snail.  

BeautifulSphericalHarvestmouse-size_rest

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I for one would like every cloak room thread to be filled with just idiotic bullshit from a sock of some crazy imbecile Republican pretending to just be asking questions good sir I see no reason for ad hominem attacks. It’s boring and lazy. I respect the shit libs because at least they believe what they are saying and say it in good faith and because it is my job as a jihadi to make my brothers see the light and join the revolution. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I for one would like every cloak room thread to be filled with just idiotic bullshit from a sock of some crazy imbecile Republican pretending to just be asking questions good sir I see no reason for ad hominem attacks. It’s boring and lazy. I respect the shit libs because at least they believe what they are saying and say it in good faith and because it is my job as a jihadi to make my brothers see the light and join the revolution. 

I see now why you limit yourself to 80 characters when you post, and I commend you for your progress with English since coming over to America! I couldn’t do as well if the tables were turned, you should be proud!