Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

President Biden, I hope you comment and act on this for the future; ball is in your court. Don't know if it is unchangeable at this time (due to prior tax code?) but it's a bad look for those of us who watched people suffer from the effect. White collar crime should NOT EVER go without punishment and accountability.

Fines and settlements from wrongdoings are NOT supposed to be tax deductible.  A speeding ticket fine isn't deductible for you or I.  This shit shouldn't be deductible for these companies.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

MAGA are so caught up in their racism & hatred of Democrats, they don't even realize that the old school Americana they long for so desperately is presently in the White House.

It seems it is far far easier to hate than to love. The fear to love and to embrace love is more powerful than the fear to hate the other--trusting and giving of ourselves to love to give love, the deepest most vulnerable part of ourselves. Freddie Mercury said it best in "Under Pressure," .."love dares you.." Yes it does.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Lot easier to destroy than build. That was the biggest of their big lies when it came to making America great again. They didn’t actually ‘make’ or build anything except a mess. 

They made money for a lot of donors.

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

diamond fucking joe.

The more I see Biden in pics, the better I feel knowing we have passed the era of the presidential uniform being those awfully tailored black suits or white polo shirts.    

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It seems it is far far easier to hate than to love. The fear to love and to embrace love is more powerful than the fear to hate the other--trusting and giving of ourselves to love to give love, the deepest most vulnerable part of ourselves. Freddie Mercury said it best in "Under Pressure," .."love dares you.." Yes it does.

When you are insecure, it's easier to imagine yourself more hateable than loveable.   So you just hate everyone else first and you win, right?  

A guy I know once said that 90% of the world's problems are caused by people being uncomfortable in their own skin.  (Probably a quote, but I can't find it).   It's a pretty accurate statement.   Ironic thing is he's been a full blown Qtard for 4 years now.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I kind of prefer my president to watch tv and tweet threatening messages at Senators to have his back during an impeachment trial that spending time thinking about infrastructure or securing 200 million more vaccine doses. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

It was great wasn’t it?

A MAGAT made some comment about ‘tacky Dollar Store hearts,’ and I’m thinking how much I’d rather see these frugal honest sentiments of encouragement on the front Lawn at the WH than anything from the Little Shop of Whorers that the former resident designed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/9/2021 at 11:53 AM, Hank Kingsley said:

Maybe it's a dead cat bounce, but now 3 weeks after inauguration (and Twitterless Trump), things are getting better with my Trumpkin in-laws. We've had dinner with them a couple of times without my wife being upset/angry with them, and today I'm taking our 3 year old to fuck around on the golf course and the MiL is joining us. Progress. 

One of my trump spunk junky friends sent me a derka style rant about how Biden is already the worst president ever, he has no covid plan, he’s just piggybacking off Trumps plan(no, seriously. He said that.). Made fun of Jen Psaki, and even said Ken Paxton was perfect for border security and a lot of other crazy stuff. I just laughed. Makes me extremely happy he’s this fucking pissed off. Let’s ram left wing policies down these cocksuckers throats. Don’t like it? They could move. At least that’s what they’ve told me the last 4 years 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Fletch said:

One of my trump spunk junky friends sent me a derka style rant about how Biden is already the worst president ever, he has no covid plan, he’s just piggybacking off Trumps plan(no, seriously. He said that.). Made fun of Jen Psaki, and even said Ken Paxton was perfect for border security and a lot of other crazy stuff. I just laughed. Makes me extremely happy he’s this fucking pissed off. Let’s ram left wing policies down these cocksuckers throats. Don’t like it? They could move. At least that’s what they’ve told me the last 4 years 

I think we are going to see a whole bunch of bills passed in short order now that the 2nd impeachment trial is done. It will be nice to see a functioning government that will skip right past the part of said government that wants to derail what President Biden said he would do. Time to really ramp up vaccine production and get the public vaccinated because COVID has taken more than enough of our fellow Americans. Passing the stimulus whether a single member of the death cult votes for it should be right at the top of the list and then pass a comprehensive infrastructure bill so we can get a whole bunch of Americans back to work across the country. There is a lot of other important legislation that needs to be brought into law, but those would be a good start.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I think we are going to see a whole bunch of bills passed in short order now that the 2nd impeachment trial is done. It will be nice to see a functioning government that will skip right past the part of said government that wants to derail what President Biden said he would do. Time to really ramp up vaccine production and get the public vaccinated because COVID has taken more than enough of our fellow Americans. Passing the stimulus whether a single member of the death cult votes for it should be right at the top of the list and then pass a comprehensive infrastructure bill so we can get a whole bunch of Americans back to work across the country. There is a lot of other important legislation that needs to be brought into law, but those would be a good start.

Well, if they only have less than 2 years before the Reps take charge (so says the Reps) they need to get working and fast. 

I like your spunk but three bills, the maximum amount of bills that could pass through reconciliation, is a far cry from a "whole bunch of bills". 

Or do you think the Dems nuke the filibuster?

19 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

I like your spunk but three bills, the maximum amount of bills that could pass through reconciliation, is a far cry from a "whole bunch of bills". 

I think they can pass infrastructure without reconciliation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

The filibuster is a tool that has outlived any useful purpose. I am in favor of it going away. The death cult can vote in favor of bills that will better the lives of constituents on both sides of the aisle or they can needlessly try to stall this country’s ability to move forward. Bi-partisan legislation happens when you have two sides willing to come to an agreement where both get some of what they want. When one side has zero interest, and we can all say quite clearly that the death cult party does not want to budge an inch on legislation because of Trump, I am okay with skipping right past the death cult and their never-ending stream of negativity, anger, and storefront racism in order for things to get done. I want so many bills passed that while they are ranting and raving on Twitter, or one of the propaganda channels about the latest bill they are spewing hatred for, another bill is being passed and signed into law to help the country go forward. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The filibuster is a tool that has outlived any useful purpose. I am in favor of it going away. The death cult can vote in favor of bills that will better the lives of constituents on both sides of the aisle or they can needlessly try to stall this country’s ability to move forward. Bi-partisan legislation happens when you have two sides willing to come to an agreement where both get some of what they want. When one side has zero interest, and we can all say quite clearly that the death cult party does not want to budge an inch on legislation because of Trump, I am okay with skipping right past the death cult and their never-ending stream of negativity, anger, and storefront racism in order for things to get done. I want so many bills passed that while they are ranting and raving on Twitter, or one of the propaganda channels about the latest bill they are spewing hatred for, another bill is being passed and signed into law to help the country go forward. 

This. So much this. We are well past the point of trying to play politics. It’s time to fucking GO. This could very well be the last chance we have.

I am normally all about long term thinking, but we are in a ver fucking dangerous place. Have to think in the short term right now and deal with the consequences later. 

Republicans started this war. We have to end it now or it will continue until they win. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I bet a huge chunk of the nation thinks the filibuster is just that, Goofyboy.
But it's actually just saying, "I filibuster" then you go into your office and play solitaire.

So it used to be the non stop talking. J. Strom Thurmond who filibustered for 24 hours and 18 minutes against the Civil Rights Act of 1957.... and now it’s complete bullshit?
Fuck it, if they can’t stand there and die, get rid of it.

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not even interested in going that far, necessarily, but I am over the fucking moon at the 2A freakout that's gonna hit the wire tomorrow.  Oh hell yes.  We're gonna get the guns.

Guns have not been a part of much of my life and I have little personal interest in them, but time to push legislation through on this with or without the members of the death cult. The time that they used to take advantage of in order to stall legislation is over. Let's get this ball rolling and get something signed into law. Then onto whatever the next item on the list is and so on and so forth. Just keep those bills coming at a rapid fire pace.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I mean it, I'm not a "get the guns" guy, but I fucking love watching Trumpkins freak out.

I'm for common sense gun reform so let's see what comes of this. Should be some mental illness checks/holds included in addition to what he's already stated. He should name it the Beto bill to pay homage to Sr. O'Rourque del Paso.

22 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

they’ve been shrieking about dems coming for their guns for years, so fuck it, we might as well do it. 

Hook 'em. It will divert attention from the stimulus - making it look reasonable, so that is progress. 

TLDR: Always make the big ask. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

His answer on student loan debt was weak. I have a feeling he'll have to be dragged to even do 10k forgiveness. 

“I am prepared to write off $10k” which has been a consistent campaign point, means he’ll have to be dragged? 

He’s always said he doesn’t think he can do $50k within his power. 

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

“I am prepared to write off $10k” which has been a consistent campaign point, means he’ll have to be dragged? 

I heard on NPR that 10k will take care of 80-90% of the people who are most in danger of defaulting. They are mostly people who started but didn’t finish vocational schools or associate degrees. Their debt to income ratio is truly crippling, and they need the most help, and need it yesterday. Personally I would be ok with 20K forgiveness across the board but I really don’t see bailing out professionals with more debt than that, and I have little sympathy for anyone who went into >50K worth of debt for a degree in a low paying field. For folks who fall into those categories I would tie any forgiveness to working in their respective fields in underserved areas for 12 months per 20k forgiven. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think most progressives/far-left folks were thinking student loan debt would be wiped out completely for them.

For my part, I have a little north of the $10k outstanding from grad school-- if this student loan debt gets means tested like the stimmy's, I say we riot.

I heard on NPR that 10k will take care of 80-90% of the people who are most in danger of defaulting. They are mostly people who started but didn’t finish vocational schools or associate degrees. Their debt to income ratio is truly crippling, and they need the most help, and need it yesterday. Personally I would be ok with 20K forgiveness across the board but I really don’t see bailing out professionals with more debt than that, and I have little sympathy for anyone who went into >50K worth of debt for a degree in a low paying field. For folks who fall into those categories I would tie any forgiveness to working in their respective fields in underserved areas for 12 months per 20k forgiven. 

Thats my sweet spot on this issue. 10-15k.
i have zero debt, but the 90s were sweet
i got through undergrad by working
thats not possible now

Has anyone proposed just a universal refinance of the loans rather than forgiveness? Or some forgiveness plus refinance of the balance? I have 6% interest on some of my loans which is crazy high given current rates. You can refinance through a bank but that's probably not an option if you're having trouble making payments. Eliminating the high interest would give a lot of people a break and avoid the moral hazard issues.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Js1 said:

Ask yourself, why 50k is legally problematic, yet 10k isn't. He's being coy. He's not intending to do the 10k by EO. Politico had more reporting on it today.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/fact-check-biden-cnn-town-hall-anderson-cooper-milwaukee/index.html

The quotes in here are funny. They sound like a parody of Joe Biden.

"For example, if it went -- if we gradually increased it -- when we indexed it at $7.20, if we kept it indexed by -- to inflation, people would be making 20 bucks an hour right now. That's what it would be."

19 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Ask yourself, why 50k is legally problematic, yet 10k isn't. He's being coy. He's not intending to do the 10k by EO. Politico had more reporting on it today.

From the article you posted:

The sums involved in loan-forgiveness proposals under discussion would exceed cumulative spending on many of the nation’s major anti-poverty programs over the last several decades.”

• Like 1

If they plan to do a student loan fogiveness, I'm for it.  But are we just going to keep forgiving loans every so many years? I'd rather they work on fixing the real problem that is the high cost of education or find a way to put caps on what schools can charge per hour.  I don't know what the solution to that is.  Subsidizing the cost of higher education?  Maybe the government not guarantee student loans?  Make student loans eligible for bankruptcy so schools and banks aren't so quick to encourage any shitty student that walks through the door to take out 10s of thousands of dollars?

Is Biden (or Congress) formulating a plan for fixing higher education costs so school loan bailouts aren't necessary in the future?  Do they plan to?

Edited by Tom