Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

With the polling (apparently--I don't recall the company) of Americans overwhelmingly supportive for this package, I don't see why they don't just place it at the initial higher amount and just do it.  The same people that gripe because they microscope every single automobile in the food pantry line looking for the 'Escalade' (sp) drivers are going to do that regardless because that is just who they are. So, pass the package and give people relief and give those mean spirited busybodies something to occupy their time. Biden has intimated the minimum wage hike probably won't make the final cut, so at least get this out there so they can work on the hike separately.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

With the polling (apparently--I don't recall the company) of Americans overwhelmingly supportive for this package, I don't see why they don't just place it at the initial higher amount and just do it.  The same people that gripe because they microscope every single automobile in the food pantry line looking for the 'Escalade' (sp) drivers are going to do that regardless because that is just who they are. So, pass the package and give people relief and give those mean spirited busybodies something to occupy their time. Biden has intimated the minimum wage hike probably won't make the final cut, so at least get this out there so they can work on the hike separately.

Here's the poll, sorry for quoting myself. Because it will still take a while for it to get finalized, I say act with great speed and don't capitulate on ticky tacky little GOP verbal land mines. Tell them to take it as written and get out. GOP is going to go on Fox and bitch regardless.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Here's the poll, sorry for quoting myself. Because it will still take a while for it to get finalized, I say act with great speed and don't capitulate on ticky tacky little GOP verbal land mines. Tell them to take it as written and get out. GOP is going to go on Fox and bitch regardless.

The popularity will wane if they botch the rollout, but those are excellent numbers. 

This is a significant recession that requires substantial stabilization. The money is there for the stabilization efforts needed, according to the Federal Reserve:

https://www.minnpost.com/politics-policy/2021/02/this-is-like-a-war-minneapolis-feds-kashkari-backs-aggressive-covid-stimulus-plan/

As Congress debates the size and scope of a new federal stimulus package, the leader of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis endorsed one-time checks for many Americans and said the government should treat financial help during the pandemic as “war-time spending.” 

“We have the capacity for this war-time spending to support our fellow Americans until we get this pandemic behind us,” said Neel Kashkari, in a hearing before the state Senate Finance Committee on Tuesday.

Kashkari was on the panel to brief lawmakers on economic conditions in Minnesota and the country. But the Minneapolis fed president also took questions from legislators on how state and federal government should spur recovery from the pandemic-induced recession, and the hearing turned into a wide-ranging discussion on the impact of past stimulus bills and a potential $1.9 trillion stimulus package proposed by President Joe Biden.

‘Aggressive’ federal action needed, Kashkari says

For starters, Kashkari said the national unemployment rate of 6.7 percent is misleading. The Minneapolis Fed estimates the “true” unemployment rate, Kashkari said, is really as high as 10 percent because the usual rate doesn’t count people who stopped looking for work because they couldn’t find any. Minnesota’s own unemployment rate of 4.4 percent is likely higher as well, he said.

“That is still as bad as the worst labor market during the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009,” Kashkari said.

I read awhile ago that President Biden is calling up Americans to speak with them and hear their concerns about the pandemic and job loss among other things. 

For the folks like myself who were wary of Biden being the nominee I think things like this help me to put into focus that he excels at the very things we need most as a country right now. We need a leader who can show compassion and empathy and one that is willing to speak to their fellow citizens and let them know we're going to get through this pandemic and economic crisis. So much normalcy so fast. Not real sure what to do with it after the prior four death cult years other than enjoy this time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I read awhile ago that President Biden is calling up Americans to speak with them and hear their concerns about the pandemic and job loss among other things. 

For the folks like myself who were wary of Biden being the nominee I think things like this help me to put into focus that he excels at the very things we need most as a country right now. We need a leader who can show compassion and empathy and one that is willing to speak to their fellow citizens and let them know we're going to get through this pandemic and economic crisis. So much normalcy so fast. Not real sure what to do with it after the prior four death cult years other than enjoy this time.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/537418-biden-doubles-down-on-normal-at-white-house

The first weeks of President Biden's administration have been a striking contrast with the chaos and turmoil of the Trump administration, bringing a sense of normality back to the White House and government.

Biden, along with Vice President Harris, begins each day receiving the President’s Daily Brief, usually before 10 a.m. His administration has revived the White House daily briefings every weekday.

And when he has signed executive actions, they have usually been paired with events where the president delivers scripted remarks on policy, and he has rarely answered shouted questions from reporters. 

Make politics and government boring again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

It’s basically bringing back the fireside chats of FDR or the radio address of Ronnie, but in a Joe Biden way: just talking directly to average Americans. He excels at that 

• Hook 'Em 1

Wow, how fucking torturous were the past 4 years...

My gawd, that call even if a PR stunt...is the type of shit many many folks need right now (and the actual money of course).

We would NOT be in this same fucking position if we had an actual leader when COVID hit. Fuck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

It’s basically bringing back the fireside chats of FDR or the radio address of Ronnie, but in a Joe Biden way: just talking directly to average Americans. He excels at that 

This is the one I was reading about. I can recall studying the Fireside Chats in grade school. Those were exceedingly important at the time and these attempts to reach out are as well. We have to have a government that is out there front and center that tries to keep in tune with the American public. I am very glad to see this return to decency by President Biden. The president absolutely has the ability to set a national mood by his actions and this is a positive one which is cool.

• Hook 'Em 1

No I haven't, but I will now. Yowza.
Chicks dig this dude? Guess everyone has thier type. Rock on ladies.
My lady is all about Chris Helmsworth, whom I have a mildly similar resemblance to, but a much more svelty physique at 6-1 180. So more Dr Strange in practice I guess than Thor.

8 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Chicks dig this dude? Guess everyone has thier type. Rock on ladies.
My lady is all about Chris Helmsworth, whom I have a mildly similar resemblance to, but a much more svelty physique at 6-1 180. So more Dr Strange in practice I guess than Thor.

Chris Helmsworth is fiiiiiiine. I loved him as the 'Huntsman.' It's probably a blend of character and appearance that forms my 'type,' but I don't spend a lot of time delving into what the actor(s) are like in real life, either. Other than Tom Cruise--I have never thought he was all that, and he is really really odd.

Cumberbatch is hot? Women have much different tastes than gay men, that’s for sure

Dude, yes!

But a lot of his hotness comes from his attitude and personality and humor.

Now, his facial bone structure could cut glass and his lanky physique looks perfect for tossing around but he’s more than just that.

Y’all know my wheelhouse is shy, funny, talented, lanky Brits with perfect faces and curly brown hair, so I’m biased.

And he’s funny!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Dude, yes!

But a lot of his hotness comes from his attitude and personality and humor.

Now, his facial bone structure could cut glass and his lanky physique looks perfect for tossing around but he’s more than just that.

Y’all know my wheelhouse is shy, funny, talented, lanky Brits with perfect faces and curly brown hair, so I’m biased.

And he’s funny!

Benedict Cumberbatch is the most British name ever 😄 he is quite dashing.

i tend to prefer my brits a bit more rugged (i.e. Daniel Craig)...if we can include Irish, Michael Fassbender has been a fav for years...

image.png.b966b3c0c08c971241999673dce4de43.png

image.png.e08582007d864d86cdd3fc921e5d8441.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

No because no one mentioned his private parts or fantasized about fucking him.

Anyway, back to competent, smart hotties who are good at their job -

Didn’t make a spectacle. Probably had no idea anyone took this photo. Sat in the back to avoid being the center of attention. 

Joe is great

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m all for the discussion of what folks who like men like about men. Maybe someday hairy-assed bears will shine, and won’t that feel special?

I need to inform my wife, though, that tossing around is not new slang for sex. My mistake.

Here’s a Biden topic for y’all:

I’m all for strengthening ethical mandates in government. Making such a “norm” won’t cut it, though. We need to ensure the executive is absolutely accountable.

Of course, this is a teapot with a touch of tempest compared with fascist insurrection.

• Hook 'Em 1

Journalists who are going to try and look impartial and point out stuff like this are going to look like idiots for a while. Biden answered a question presented to him. When he tweets about the book or brings it up unsolicited, then we need to crap on him. But JHC, this aint't it, Walt.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Benedict Cumberbatch is the most British name ever 😄 he is quite dashing.

i tend to prefer my brits a bit more rugged (i.e. Daniel Craig)...if we can include Irish, Michael Fassbender has been a fav for years...

image.png.b966b3c0c08c971241999673dce4de43.png

image.png.e08582007d864d86cdd3fc921e5d8441.png

Gingers with blue eyes, gimme more

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

No because no one mentioned his private parts or fantasized about fucking him.

Anyway, back to competent, smart hotties who are good at their job -

I spent about 90% of the time I sat quietly in church daydreaming about sex.  If I had been golfing during all that time, I'd have a good little game developed by now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Journalists who are going to try and look impartial and point out stuff like this are going to look like idiots for a while. Biden answered a question presented to him. When he tweets about the book or brings it up unsolicited, then we need to crap on him. But JHC, this aint't it, Walt.

This. He was asked a question by Nora. He didn’t bring it up unprompted or tweet about it or have his campaign buy copies (that we know of yet). 

As a former director of the Office of Government Ethics, Walter Shaub was and is a by-the-book kind of guy. I thought he was going to have a heart attack at some point over the last four years. So, he's probably trying to swing the pendulum back so he can get his blood pressure down.

We really need the guardrails fortified for people that are in that office as well as the Federal Elections Commission and other watchdog agencies on the inside.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’m officially taking the role of posting “Wholesome Uncle Joe” content.

It’s total fluff and consists mostly of Champ, Major, and Joe in bitchin’ turtlenecks but it’s much needed to counteract all this other (gestures wildly at everything) reality.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I, for one, am glad that a thread about the president gets sidetracked into talking about this. I could no longer handle the wall-to-wall coverage of the scurrilous and scandalous behavior of the FIrst Dog and Biden covering up the dog's inability to go to the bathroom in his designated spot.* We need a real leader in the Oval Office and not Sneaky Joe and his hobo dog.

*If any of that sentence were actually true, well, it would still be a more positive day than any we experienced in the prior four years before Biden took office.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 2

I, for one, am glad that a thread about the president gets sidetracked into talking about this. I could no longer handle the wall-to-wall coverage of the scurrilous and scandalous behavior of the FIrst Dog and Biden covering up the dog's inability to go to the bathroom in his designated spot.* We need a real leader in the Oval Office and not Sneaky Joe and his hobo dog.
If any of that sentence were actually true, well, it would still be a more positive day than any we experienced in the prior four years before Biden took office.

Don't denigrate Major and Champ. They are good boys.

EWMLEN6Y35EPNFW4GQVVXJ5CUM.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Bama Chick

The Benepiac poll of Women of The Cloak Room show a 100% approval rating for Mr. Cumberbatch.

Quirky curly hair brunette Brits are the ultimate bipartisanship.

Any way he can be used to deliver our stimulus checks???

Sorry, @Bama Chick but Benedict looks like a skeletal extra from a Harry Potter movie, and I'm not here for it. Sorry!

Great actor, tho.

Wait, actually I'm not sure what this does to your poll now

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Any way he can be used to deliver our stimulus checks???

In this car please.....

James Bond's Aston Martin DB10 Fetches $3.5M at Auction ...

46 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Sorry, @Bama Chick but Benedict looks like a skeletal extra from a Harry Potter movie, and I'm not here for it. Sorry!

Great actor, tho.

Wait, actually I'm not sure what this does to your poll now

In my world, polls are fungible and therefore fairly inclusive; who did you have in mind?

Here's to another week of 46 and getting things done. Cheers!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/6/2021 at 6:05 PM, UpperWestside said:

You’re telling me Joe Biden is cold calling Grandma on the weekdays? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I am saying it sounds retarded.

This ain't right.

I saw Drew's thread earlier today. I've posted his stuff before but this pertains directly to the means testing with a side order of fucked up tax rules.

So, you're telling me if you received money for discrimination or harassment that's considered income from a job?

Yeah, that ain't right.

It was not your job to get harassed. Carve out an exemption.

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

o, you're telling me if you received money for discrimination or harassment that's considered income from a job?

In settling discrimination cases, you will get some as backwages (taxable) and some as damages (pain and suffering).  In a sexual harassment case, you might have a very high percentage as damages, because frankly, that's where you suffered the most.  You may have quit and gotten another job in two months.

In a more mundane disparate impact case (a large reduction in force where there was no overt discrimination but black females were adversely affected), you might end up only paying damages. 

• Hook 'Em 3