Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

I can’t white put my finger on the difference. Also helps that there has been a most unified message from every part of the Dem party on COVID response and relief. Sure the minutiae is different but what Biden, Bernie and Manchin want are effectively the same. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/4/2021 at 10:17 PM, Born to Run said:
On 2/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, BradInATX said:
Is there any concrete reason you say it's good for everyone to get the same benefits? Or is it just something you feel should be fair?

Jeff Besos pays taxes

Way more than $2000 of the stimulus money is going to find its way into his pockets.

I know Biden wants to avoid Trump talk but the guy just attempted to overthrow the government and steal the election from the American people.  You either defend the country from these threats or you don’t.  Biden’s public facing agenda appears to be willful ignorance when it comes to Trump out of some desire to turn the page and move on.  It’s Groundhog Day again when it comes to Trump.  The consequences of this are predictable.

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hugo, we know you have a hate-boner for all things Trump.  But Joe Biden is dealing with the crisis of a pandemic that has killed 400k+, millions of people out of work and on unemployment and a government that hasn't function properly for 4 years.  And he said that was his #1 focus when he was sworn in. 

He's doing what he personally can do first as POTUS.   He is letting the trial go on without being involved himself - because he should not be.  He is not a member of the Senate.  You'd be crucifying Trump if, as POTUS, he was personally involving himself in the prosecution of Obama.  The executive branch is letting the legislative branch do their job, for once, without public interference and Twitter threats. 

Press Secretary Psaki reinforced this message today. Several in the pool attempted to dig further, but she shut it down quickly. That the President was busy focusing on the American people as well as other matters pertinent to the Executive and that Congress has this as their charge right now as well as their focus on the relief package discussion.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Hugo, we know you have a hate-boner for all things Trump.  But Joe Biden is dealing with the crisis of a pandemic that has killed 400k+, millions of people out of work and on unemployment and a government that hasn't function properly for 4 years.  And he said that was his #1 focus when he was sworn in. 

He's doing what he personally can do first as POTUS.   He is letting the trial go on without being involved himself - because he should not be.  He is not a member of the Senate.  You'd be crucifying Trump if, as POTUS, he was personally involving himself in the prosecution of Obama.  The executive branch is letting the legislative branch do their job, for once, without public interference and Twitter threats. 

When Biden gets his list of national security threats, where do you think Donald Trump ranks?  

I understand Biden is being politically savvy by remaining aloof and many folks appreciate that but Obama did the same thing when it came to Trump. It did not end well.  I can’t help but notice. Glad Biden is focused though on cleaning up Trump’s mess. 

6 hours ago, hookemATL said:

I have a fourth member of the family due to arrive the first week of March. She gonna get that stimmy too?  Was really hoping to buy her one of those diamond encrusted snot suckers and a stroller with spinner rims. 

you should look to induce. asap. 

Glad to see that Joe is bringing back the CCC.  It needs to be permanent imo.  

Biden’s new conservation corps stirs hopes of nature-focused hiring spree

A 1930s initiative that tackled environmental woes and unemployment could inspire the new administration’s plans to confront the climate crisis

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2021/feb/09/biden-new-conservation-corps-new-deal

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

In something else completely refreshing:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/biden-s-justice-department-ask-nearly-all-trump-era-u-n1257100

Biden asks nearly all Trump US Attorneys to resign - EXCEPT David Weiss (U.S. Attorney for Delaware) who is investigating Hunter Biden's taxes.  Because Joe Biden isn't going to interfere with investigations. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A 1930s initiative that tackled environmental woes and unemployment could inspire the new administration’s plans to confront the climate crisis

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2021/feb/09/biden-new-conservation-corps-new-deal

Going to enjoy my conservative mother attempting to gin up outrage over this considering she used to love state and national parks, and her father joined the CCC and ended a cycle of share cropping poverty.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Maybe it's a dead cat bounce, but now 3 weeks after inauguration (and Twitterless Trump), things are getting better with my Trumpkin in-laws. We've had dinner with them a couple of times without my wife being upset/angry with them, and today I'm taking our 3 year old to fuck around on the golf course and the MiL is joining us. Progress. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

FUCK.  YES.  This is what I've been saying for years.  Let's fucking get it done.  This could be so huge.

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

FUCK.  YES.  This is what I've been saying for years.  Let's fucking get it done.  This could be so huge.

200.gif

That's been a progressive tree hugging hippy dream of mine. Every time I saw a plaque I would ask why no CCC ?

Now maybe the children of House Lomax and their inheritors can go gather art and music too. Paint us some murals. 

Might as well put some of them to work too.

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

That's been a progressive tree hugging hippy dream of mine. Every time I saw a plaque I would ask why no CCC ?

Now maybe the children of House Lomax and their inheritors can go gather art and music too. Paint us some murals. 

Might as well put some of them to work too.

The thing is, it's not even just progressive hippy tree huggers that should be happy.  It's infrastructure, it's jobs, it's stuff that has long term implications for our country.  It includes all manner of skill levels so pretty much anyone can be a part of it.  From IT to manual labor.  It makes too much sense to NOT do, given the issues we are facing.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/biden-s-justice-department-ask-nearly-all-trump-era-u-n1257100

Biden asks nearly all Trump US Attorneys to resign - EXCEPT David Weiss (U.S. Attorney for Delaware) who is investigating Hunter Biden's taxes.  Because Joe Biden isn't going to interfere with investigations. 

Hunter should tell Weiss he’s under IRS audit and to go pound sand. 

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

make it part of the job guarantee. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

i no longer know two USAs.

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Keep working the room, Mr. President. People are listening.

Of course, Biden/Democrats proposal is hugely popular, but they are going to die on the hill of obstructing Joe Biden while bitching about how Democrats need to focus on the economy, jobs and re-opening schools, which is exactly what the bill does! 

House COVID relief bill has the income threshold levels at $75/150k so I think it's going to remain at this level.  Biden signed off on it.

The House bill also has $15 min wage - I know Bernie and Schumer were working with the Senate parliamentarian to see if it can fit into their reconciliation bill.  Biden is skeptical it fits - he may want an actual bill for this and probably thinks he can get 60 votes, since the 10 Republicans who came to Biden with their proposal were supportive of the $15 min wage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

House COVID relief bill has the income threshold levels at $75/150k so I think it's going to remain at this level.  Biden signed off on it.

The House bill also has $15 min wage - I know Bernie and Schumer were working with the Senate parliamentarian to see if it can fit into their reconciliation bill.  Biden is skeptical it fits - he may want an actual bill for this and probably thinks he can get 60 votes, since the 10 Republicans who came to Biden with their proposal were supportive of the $15 min wage. 

Fuck the Senate parliamentarian.  The Senate Parliamentarian can be overruled with a straight majority vote.  We could put the John Lewis Voting Rights Act in and call it a budget item with 50 votes.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

another small ripple that may end up being a wave after 4 years:

This is great.  But based on the oral arguments, they will just sever the mandate and call it the rest constitutional. 

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

It was made quite clear the past five years that republicans could give two rat fucks about infrastructure. Actual governing?  What’s that?  They should be left out of everything. Fuck em all. 

Lot easier to destroy than build. That was the biggest of their big lies when it came to making America great again. They didn’t actually ‘make’ or build anything except a mess. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

Is it still based on 2019 taxes?

15 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Some folks going to hold off in that case and some will rush to file.

Shouldn’t have to rush to file. It’s all supposed to be part of your refund when you file 2020 if it wasn’t received and you’re eligible. Including the first 2 checks.

President Biden, I hope you comment and act on this for the future; ball is in your court. Don't know if it is unchangeable at this time (due to prior tax code?) but it's a bad look for those of us who watched people suffer from the effect. White collar crime should NOT EVER go without punishment and accountability.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

White collar crime should NOT EVER go without punishment and accountability.

I've long been of the opinion that "white collar" crime should be punished more harshly than "blue collar" crime, in most instances anyway.  It's premeditated.  They know what they are doing.  They ruin as many, if not more, lives than blue collar crime.  They are evil.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1