• 370,000+
    • 375,000+
    • 380,000+
    • 385,000+
    • 390,000+
    • 395,000+
    • 400,000+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/21 at 11:41 PM

Now this is not to say that when Trump leaves office the gift he has given us via gross incompetence will not continue to killi.   But I am curious as to what the snapshot is from a numerical death count perspective 6 weeks to the day from now on January 20th.

I'm not going to vote at first but super curious about what your figures are at this point in time. here is a link to the site I bookmarked around the 1st of February. John Hopkins Covid Data their total today for the US is 287,008 dead.  I sort of view the Trump Administration as screaming from the top of a giant stack of dead bodies screaming, "We are the greatest ever! Operation Warp Speed will achieve almost 10% of our vaccine goal for 2020!"  

So what's your gruesome bid?

Edited by horn4life

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

world meters says 404K so I'm going to go with that, and they're a little conservative too. For example, they projected 287K by today, but we currently sit at 294K

I wondered which site to use; I used COVID Tracking Project and am being very low and pray I'm correct.

Pretty easy math.  We're at 3K per day right now, and we're 42 days out.  That's 126K more dead Americans when Sleepy Joe puts his hand on the Bible, which puts the projected total at 413K.

Obviously, we have no idea if we'll continue at 3K per day, but I'm not thinking that number is high for an average given the fact we haven't even seen the Thanksgiving Death Spike yet.

TV Grim Reaper (@TVGrimReaper) | Twitter

Edited by jimmyjazz

Look people, we have perfect testing.  The only reason we're seeing more Covid deaths is because we have more dead people.  It's basic math.  STOP THE COUNT! 

it's one of those things you learn to spot in multiple choice tests around middle school.

how many people live in texas?

a) more than 1,000,000

b) more than 100,000,000

c) more than 100,000,000,000.

7th grade me starting thinking wait a second when questions were worded that way

my other dumb comment on this is that if you treat them as windows, you get good value by going low.  you're getting a 25k window at the bottom, or a 10k windows for the two above that.  after that, just 5k.

It's amazing our administration is using 'Price is Right' rules to explain how bad Covid-19 is going right now in the waining days of their tenure.

"Look, it's been a rough year.  We lost upwards of 30,000 Americans.  But I got the vaccine fast-tracked, didn't?"