Matt Campbell or bust

Bevo14

On 12/22/2020 at 1:32 PM, LTtxfan said:

SIAP...

Ok, but how many times has he actually had to do this? I imagine they usually get to know the recruits well enough before the visits.

Most coaches might not have a concrete rule like that, but I think they tend to stop recruiting guys if they don't think they're a good fit even if they're highly rated.

Edited by Bevo14

So if we hire Matt Campbell we probably don’t recruit any shit heads, I can live with that. If he hires a better OL coach and brings a good strength/conditioning guy then we should make it to the big 12 title game consistently. Fuck it I’m sold, fire herman Tuesday january 5th after Iowa states game on the 2nd. It’s always a Tuesday right. 

On 12/20/2020 at 2:05 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Like someone else said, Georgia didn't prepare for Texas, but Texas prepared for Georgia and we won. This whole notion that Georgia didn't want to be there is dumb af. Georgia hasn't won a championship since 1980, so winning a NY6 game is still important. 

Gotdam right. I can’t even recall Georgia playing for a MNC since 1980.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

So the foundation of the program is at the mercy of the psychoanalytical expertise of guys in their late teens and early 20s.

I had a manager that used to do this.  He had everyone in the dept (approx 15 of us) final interview candidates.  The decision was left up to us.  Manager was a shithead and did it that way so if the new hire was an asshole or idiot he could blame us for the hire.

10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Gotdam right. I can’t even recall Georgia playing for a MNC since 1980.

It's just always been the media propping them up since the Richt days and them always failing. It's what they do. To act like anything other than a championship is beneath them is on a whole other delusional level. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It's just always been the media propping them up since the Richt days and them always failing. It's what they do. To act like anything other than a championship is beneath them is on a whole other delusional level. 

Those fuckers were insufferable the night before on Bourbon. I was told numerous times that we haven’t seen size or speed like they had, the game is gonna be over by halftime, something something SEC. It was pretty amazing. At halftime there was some Georgia fan screaming at a Texas fan. At one point he yelled “you know we don’t wanna be hear, right!?!?” Then I laughed and told him to shut the fuck up. Then he asked if I ever played(I did),as if football is astronomy or something. So yeah fuck them. Watching them lose is fucking glorious. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Georgia embodies everything I hate about the SEC. They’ll always come into the year in the top 10 when they shouldn’t, and when #21 auburn beats #8 Georgia, auburn will jump to #10 and Georgia will fall to #11. I feel like Georgia more than any other team keeps this dumbass cycle going in the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Georgia embodies everything I hate about the SEC. They’ll always come into the year in the top 10 when they shouldn’t, and when #21 auburn beats #8 Georgia, auburn will jump to #10 and Georgia will fall to #11. I feel like Georgia more than any other team keeps this dumbass cycle going in the SEC. 

I agree with you 100%

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Those fuckers were insufferable the night before on Bourbon. I was told numerous times that we haven’t seen size or speed like they had, the game is gonna be over by halftime, something something SEC. It was pretty amazing. At halftime there was some Georgia fan screaming at a Texas fan. At one point he yelled “you know we don’t wanna be hear, right!?!?” Then I laughed and told him to shut the fuck up. Then he asked if I ever played(I did),as if football is astronomy or something. So yeah fuck them. Watching them lose is fucking glorious. 

I got banned from Twitter for shit talking dumbass Georgia fans when I had to reveal to them they're nobodies who haven't been relevant in 40 years. Their feelings got hurt. 

Catching up on these threads now.

I think Campbell is a badass. Of all the names mentioned I think he's the best pure ball coach we could have landed save for Urban. Unfortunately it takes more than that to succeed at Texas.  Concerns about elite recruiting and what kind of staff he'd bring are legit. Still, I wouldn't have minded finding out what he'd be like at Texas. He's going to be a thorn in our side as long as he's at ISU, which is one of the hardest jobs in P5 football.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/27/2020 at 11:29 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

Florida has done it a bunch recently. But they have much more recent success (although UGA was legit in 2017 and should have beat Bama. Then again they probably shouldn't have beaten OU)

13 hours ago, Machinator said:

I think Campbell is a badass. Of all the names mentioned I think he's the best pure ball coach we could have landed save for Urban. Unfortunately it takes more than that to succeed at Texas.  Concerns about elite recruiting and what kind of staff he'd bring are legit. Still, I wouldn't have minded finding out what he'd be like at Texas. He's going to be a thorn in our side as long as he's at ISU, which is one of the hardest jobs in P5 football.

His current staff is basically his old staff at Toledo, which was basically the guys he played with at Mt Union.   Odds are he's more of a Purple Wizard with his own team of scrapers than the guy who is going to go anywhere and call up A list coordinators.

14 hours ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, I had reservations about everyone besides UM, but I would’ve gone after him over Sark for sure. The DC thing is a  red flag and he’s mismanaged some late game situations pretty poorly, but his offense has improved every year and he’s clearly building something sustainable there.