Matt Campbell or bust

Bevo14

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So what exactly has Campbell accomplished? He has zero pressure at Iowa St. Just getting to the conference title game is like winning the national title for them. He is a feel good story there. Like Herman and Strong were when they were at their previous jobs. Comparing Herman to Campbell is spot on and perfect for me. Both guys beat OU and can look good at times. And shit the bed in games they absolutely should not lose. Campbell is different and not Herman and that is the only positive. He is not an upgrade at all. He would do nothing different than Herman.

Blowing out teams you’re better than and not relying on other teams to lose to get into the ccg off the top of my head. Mind you he’s at Iowa fucking State

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

CFB is losing its parity and oddly enough, I think it’s because social media and more talent spread throughout programs. 

National Champions from 2000 - 2009

Miami, Ohio State, LSU (& USC kinda), USC, Texas, Florida, LSU, Florida, Bama, Aub

National Champions from 2010 - 2019

Aub, Bama, Bama, Fla St, Ohio St, Bama, Clem, Bama, Clem, LSU

Bama & Clem been in the playoffs every year except one I think. tOSU every year except 2.  blOU was in 3 straight & just won the Big 12 for 6th straight year. Honestly, CFB just sucks right now and maybe it’s just my jaded view because Texas has sucked but I’m simply not as invested as I once was. 

No. You definitely have a point. It's getting bad and the CFP has only made it worse. We need to break it out to 8 teams ASAP because Clemson, Bama and tOSU have been able to completely snowball recruiting simply because they're in the playoff every fucking year. They get the benefit of the doubt on top of having perrenial top 3 recruiting classes - and only one of them plays in a competitive conference.

The P12 just straight up doesn't care about winning anymore. Maybe Oregon does. Texas sucks. Even if Texas was good it wouldn't solve anything - we'd just be another runaway fixture the way that OU has kind of been able to be in our stead. Michigan and Nebraska suck. Miami sucks. FSU was good for a few years but has quickly returned to irrelevancy. Georgia is another boring fixture that never wins big games. Their one CFP win was against a team just as allergic to winning on the biggest stage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

CFB is losing its parity and oddly enough, I think it’s because social media and more talent spread throughout programs. 

National Champions from 2000 - 2009

Miami, Ohio State, LSU (& USC kinda), USC, Texas, Florida, LSU, Florida, Bama, Aub

National Champions from 2010 - 2019

Aub, Bama, Bama, Fla St, Ohio St, Bama, Clem, Bama, Clem, LSU

Bama & Clem been in the playoffs every year except one I think. tOSU every year except 2.  blOU was in 3 straight & just won the Big 12 for 6th straight year. Honestly, CFB just sucks right now and maybe it’s just my jaded view because Texas has sucked but I’m simply not as invested as I once was. 

The playoffs are ruining the weirdness of CFB. Conferences should matter. Goofy rivalries should matter. Right now we are having a conversation about which of two conference non-champions get into the playoff while not including two P5 conference champions. In a year with no interconnectivity no less. It just takes the joy out of the experience. If the playoffs are all that matter, then the season is over for most teams before it even starts.

Edited by LOHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, LOHorn said:

The playoffs are ruining the weirdness of CFB. Conferences should matter. Goofy rivalries should matter. Right now we are having a conversation about which of two conference non-champions get into the playoff while not including two P5 conference champions. In a year with no interconnectivity no less. It just takes the joy out of the experience. If the playoffs are all that matter, then the season is over for most teams before it even starts.

That's why any further playoff conversation should be linked with a realignment. If the number of conferences matches the playoff size, you can enforce the conference champion only* rule.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No. You definitely have a point. It's getting bad and the CFP has only made it worse. We need to break it out to 8 teams ASAP because Clemson, Bama and tOSU have been able to completely snowball recruiting simply because they're in the playoff every fucking year. They get the benefit of the doubt on top of having perrenial top 3 recruiting classes - and only one of them plays in a competitive conference.

The P12 just straight up doesn't care about winning anymore. Maybe Oregon does. Texas sucks. Even if Texas was good it wouldn't solve anything - we'd just be another runaway fixture the way that OU has kind of been able to be in our stead. Michigan and Nebraska suck. Miami sucks. FSU was good for a few years but has quickly returned to irrelevancy. Georgia is another boring fixture that never wins big games. Their one CFP win was against a team just as allergic to winning on the biggest stage.

I agree with all of this. They need to either expand or axe the playoffs altogether. I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than the latter option happening so seems like expansion is the best way to get CFB back to being somewhat interesting. 

6 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

That's why any further playoff conversation should be linked with a realignment. If the number of conferences matches the playoff size, you can enforce the conference champion only* rule.

I guess. Just give 5 autobids. 3 at large. Problem solved. If they want to keep fucking the AAC make them include a G5 team every year or make it 6 autobids. 

Edited by ztejas

Can you people who keep repeating the notion that Campbell is like Herman and loses games he shouldn't please list those losses? Or is it just something that has been repeated enough by a couple of uninformed posters that a few of you guys adopted it as fact without actually looking into it?

I count two in five years. One was his first game ever at Iowa State with a terrible squad, and the other was the first game in a global pandemic, against a good team that is currently ranked. I wouldn't even count ULL if it was a closer game.

Two in five years.

Urban Meyer has more than that in his last five seasons. Purdue 2018, Iowa 2017, Va Tech 2014.

We too good for Urban too?

I can pretty much guarantee you can find two bad losses on the resume of every coach not named Saban.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I guess. Just give 5 autobids. 3 at large. Problem solved. If they want to keep fucking the AAC make them include a G5 team every year or make it 6 autobids. 

That works. Or if you want to blow it up, make 8 mega conferences with conference champion only rules. Can't win your own conference, then fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Can you people who keep repeating the notion that Campbell is like Herman and loses games he shouldn't please list those losses? Or is it just something that has been repeated enough by a couple of uninformed posters that a few of you guys adopted it as fact without actually looking into it?

I count two in five years. One was his first game ever at Iowa State with a terrible squad, and the other was the first game in a global pandemic, against a good team that is currently ranked. I wouldn't even count ULL if it was a closer game.

Two in five years.

Urban Meyer has more than that in his last five seasons. Purdue 2018, Iowa 2017, Va Tech 2014.

We too good for Urban too?

I can pretty much guarantee you can find two bad losses on the resume of every coach not named Saban.

He’s better than Herman. That isn’t saying much. But Campbell isn’t going to get us where we want to be and where we should be every year. But hey, we’ve been so bad last decade that maybe we should all be content with 9-3 every year and never making a playoff. I don’t know why I was over here thinking we could be some National championship contender on a yearly basis. Probably unrealistic. I mean, we are Texas, we have a shit load of money, and Texas is a recruiting hot bed. But asking for Mack brown level success is probably just unrealistic since we aren’t a football school anymore 

He’s better than Herman. That isn’t saying much. But Campbell isn’t going to get us where we want to be and where we should be every year. But hey, we’ve been so bad last decade that maybe we should all be content with 9-3 every year and never making a playoff. I don’t know why I was over here thinking we could be some National championship contender on a yearly basis. Probably unrealistic. I mean, we are Texas, we have a shit load of money, and Texas is a recruiting hot bed. But asking for Mack brown level success is probably just unrealistic since we aren’t a football school anymore 

Campbell has Iowa State in consistent 8-9 win territory and still rising. I guess I consider Texas' resources and recruiting and brand to be worth at least one win per year over Iowa friggin' State.

You act like Campbell is winning 6 games a year and we're praising mediocrity. He wins 8+ per year. If he wins his bowl he'll win 10 this year. At Iowa State.

You don't think a guy that can win 10 games against the same competition in the same conference can win 10 per with Texas' resources? It seems like a pretty easy layup to me. The day he puts his burnt orange polo on, he'll have more talent than he's ever dreamed of having up there in Iowa. By a very large margin.

15 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Campbell has Iowa State in consistent 8-9 win territory and still rising. I guess I consider Texas' resources and recruiting and brand to be worth at least one win per year over Iowa friggin' State.

You act like Campbell is winning 6 games a year and we're praising mediocrity. He wins 8+ per year. If he wins his bowl he'll win 10 this year. At Iowa State.

You don't think a guy that can win 10 games against the same competition in the same conference can win 10 per with Texas' resources? It seems like a pretty easy layup to me.

I just think you aren’t accounting for how crippling expectations can be when you’ve never had to deal with them before, and you've never won a big game. He can do that at Iowa state and get a lifetime contract. If he goes 7-5 in year one, he’s already on the hot seat here. Then he’ll start pressing, because that’s generally what happens when expectations aren’t met, and the pressure starts to mount. A 1/3 of the fan base will turn on him, and the others will make excuses like “we just need a new OC. Then we’ll be back”. I can’t wait. I just want to be above average again. Campbell can probably make that happen

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

I just think you aren’t accounting for how crippling expectations can be when you’ve never had to deal with them before, and you've never won a big game. He can do that at Iowa state and get a lifetime contract. If he goes 7-5 in year one, he’s already on the hot seat here. Then he’ll start pressing, because that’s generally what happens when expectations aren’t met, and the pressure starts to mount. A 1/3 of the fan base will then on him, and the others will make excuses like “we just need a new OC. Then we’ll be back”. I can’t wait. I just want to be above average again. Campbell can probably make that happen

That's fair. The program can be too big for a lot of guys. I guess my question would be.. out of realistic possibilities, who do you not have that concern with? Do you think we'd run less risk with someone like Venables who is an assistant at a comparable program?

5 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

How are people not understanding how much of a disadvantage coaching at ISU is compared to a place like UT or OU? It's not just Ames as a city. It's a program with zero history, low budget, no local recruiting pipeline of note, etc. They've been a doormat forever for a reason.

But bro they won a conference chip in '11*

Campbell could do really well here. Probably better than Herman. That said, he's not leaving Iowa State to go within his conference. He'll wait for Michigan or another midwest school. You have to be a massive asshole to move within your conference. He doesn't strike me as someone like Art Briles. 

Just now, mdmost said:

Campbell could do really well here. Probably better than Herman. That said, he's not leaving Iowa State to go within his conference. He'll wait for Michigan or another midwest school. You have to be a massive asshole to move within your conference. He doesn't strike me as someone like Art Briles. 

If we offered him that job tomorrow he’d be here by Monday. Campbell doesn’t give a fuck about staying in conference, and if he does he isn’t very smart 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Only a dumb fuck would call you an asshole for going from ISU to Texas. 

If we offered him that job tomorrow he’d be here by Monday. Campbell doesn’t give a fuck about staying in conference, and if he does he isn’t very smart 
Texas is offering me 20 million dollars more than ISU can pay me. Also I get to coach at a premier program with nearly unlimited resources. Also I get to move from Iowa to Austin.

But think of all the mean things they'll say about me on Twitter for moving in conference. Man I'm just not sure what to do.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

That's fair. The program can be too big for a lot of guys. I guess my question would be.. out of realistic possibilities, who do you not have that concern with? Do you think we'd run less risk with someone like Venables who is an assistant at a comparable program?

I don’t know. All I know is if aggy can get a coach like Jimbo fisher, we can do better. And I’m not sure that I think fisher is really that good of a coach but he can recruit like a mother fucker and he’s had success at a big time program. I’m halfway kidding when I say this, but I’d almost rather just give Herman another lame duck year and take our chances at the pool of coaches next year. Because there has to be someone more qualified than him. 

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t know. All I know is if aggy can get a coach like Jimbo fisher, we can do better. And I’m not sure that I think fisher is really that good of a coach but he can recruit like a mother fucker and he’s had success at a big time program. I’m halfway kidding when I say this, but I’d almost rather just give Herman another lame duck year and take our chances at the pool of coaches next year. Because there has to be someone more qualified than him. 

This might be the plan, much to the consternation of night crew.

10 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Who is realistic out there who would be at Fisher’s profile? Someone with a championship or CFP appearance? 

It’s pretty odd for a NC winning coach to be disgruntled and angry with his program like Fisher was.

Saban- LOL no

Swinney- Nope

Day- No

Riley- No 

Orgeron- No, and do not want

Smart- Really doubt it and also has issues closing out a season

Kelly- Really doubt it but maybe you make a call. 

18 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Do you think we'd run less risk with someone like Venables who is an assistant at a comparable program?

It's not about risking further mediocrity or losing seasons. It's about ceiling. I don't doubt that Campbell's floor at Texas would be better than Strong and close to Herman. Does that make him low risk? It depends on what "risk" means to you. For me, "risk" when it comes to our next coaching hire is what is the risk we are doing this over again in 4 years because it becomes apparent that we are not winning a national championship with the current guy. The chance that that would happen with Campbell is way too fucking high for me. Compared to a guy like Urban - long shot or not - who would be a near lock to at least get us to the CFP in the first 3 or 4 years. 

We don't know how Campbell would recruit in Texas. We don't know how he would handle the pressure and everything else that he doesn't have to do/concern himself with at ISU at a big time program. We don't really know how he would prepare us for big time games. We have one data point on that now and it was pretty meh. 

Had ISU came out and wore OU's ass out and beat them by 2 TDs today I'd definitely entertain the idea of Campbell coaching here. But they didn't - and I knew they wouldn't - and predictably losing to OU when the lights are on (I don't care about talent disparity or players or whatever - ISU has plenty of talent on this year's team and OU is down) is a massive red flag when you are talking about being the next head coach at Texas. 

That doesn't mean he wouldn't be better than Herman. That doesn't mean that he'd never win a conference title at Texas or even have an outside shot at winning a national title here - it just means that there are a ton of things that we haven't seen him do that he would need to excel at.

It's time for Texas to put up or shut up. Campbell - love the guy or not - would be a pussyfoot, wish-cast type hire and Texas cannot afford to make another hire like that and have it not work out. 

If we do hire Campbell - I hope he wins every fucking game he coaches here and it's the best thing our AD has ever done. I just hope we don't hire him because I don't think he's the guy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Who is realistic out there who would be at Fisher’s profile? Someone with a championship or CFP appearance? 

It’s pretty odd for a NC winning coach to be disgruntled and angry with his program like Fisher was.

Saban- LOL no

Swinney- Nope

Day- No

Riley- No 

Orgeron- No, and do not want

Smart- Really doubt it and also has issues closing out a season

Kelly- Really doubt it but maybe you make a call. 

That’s exactly why I wouldn’t mind giving shit head Herman another wasted year. See who’s available next year. Next year is gonna be fucked whether we have Herman or Campbell. 

21 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That’s exactly why I wouldn’t mind giving shit head Herman another wasted year. See who’s available next year. Next year is gonna be fucked whether we have Herman or Campbell. 

Who exactly would possibly be available next year that Texas couldn’t get this year?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t know why you rule out candidates without FCS HC experience. Some of the top coaches currently in CFB came from the coordinator ranks— Day, Riley, Smart.  Put together a search committee and do a real hiring procedure. 

Honestly it isn’t really about the HC experience. If you’re a high level coordinator at a blue blood school, you’ve dealt with that pressure. You’ve recruited big time players. You’ve coached in huge games. Campbell has none of that shit. He hasn’t coached and won a big game in his life. I’d take Joe Brady before Matt Campbell in a heartbeat and I still think we could do better 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

17 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Who exactly would possibly be available next year that Texas couldn’t get this year?

It's just bizarre people are proposing to keep Herman with the express purpose of firing him after next year.  Recruiting is already a disaster and the longer we keep a lame duck the worse it's going to get.  And if we have to fire the next one too, the quicker we get to that day the better.

• Hook 'Em 3

It's just bizarre people are proposing to keep Herman with the express purpose of firing him after next year.  Recruiting is already a disaster and the longer we keep a lame duck the worse it's going to get.  And if we have to fire the next one too, the quicker we get to that day the better.
Its is not bizarre, it is downright imbecilc.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

I’m down to sign up for 5 years of slightly above average football with Campbell. Fuck it. Let’s do it. It’s the best we can do because we’re Texas 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Another thing in regards to the expectations. You’re getting everyone’s best game when you’re at Texas. They’re hyped as shit to play the team that didn’t recruit them. Teams probably want to curb stomp us more than any other team in the big 12. Teams can fall into a trap and sleep walk during a game against Iowa state. It’s hard to get hyped up for an 11am game in Ames, Iowa. He’s gonna come here and be like “why does it seem like everyone is playing harder against us. These are the same teams. I never dealt with this at Iowa state”.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

That works. Or if you want to blow it up, make 8 mega conferences with conference champion only rules. Can't win your own conference, then fuck off.
This is where I'm at. Force the league into 8 conferences, win your conference and your in.

An added benifit would be that you wouldn't be penalized for losing a nonconference game so instead of paying the sisters of the poor to be a sacrifice, ESPN/Fox would pay you to play a game people want to see.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

there are no sure thing hires. and the closest to a sure thing is not coming.  

so it's either stick with Herman or take a chance on a guy who could have a higher ceiling.  it's not necessarily gonna be Campbell that we hire, but i'd rather roll with Campbell than stick with what we've got.  if Campbell is the kind of coach who consistently has 9-3 teams, he's bound to throw in an 11-1 or 12-0 team every once in a while.  law of averages and such.  he'd basically be Mack Brown.  i'd kill for that right now.  and so would you.  better than the shit we've suffered through. 

1998 Texas 9–3 6–2 2nd (South) W Cotton 16 15
1999 Texas 9–5 6–2 1st (South) L Cotton 23 21
2000 Texas 9–3 7–1 2nd (South) L Holiday 12 12
2001 Texas 11–2 7–1 1st (South) W Holiday 5 5
2002 Texas 11–2 6–2 T–1st (South)^ W Cotton 7 6
2003 Texas 10–3 7–1 2nd (South) L Holiday 11 12
2004 Texas 11–1 7–1 2nd (South) W Rose 4 5
2005 Texas 13–0 8–0 1st (South) W Rose 1 1
2006 Texas 10–3 6–2 2nd (South) W Alamo 13 13
2007 Texas 10–3 5–3 2nd (South) W Holiday 10 10
2008 Texas 12–1 7–1 T–1st (South)^ W Fiesta 3 4
2009 Texas 13–1 8–0 1st (South) L BCS NCG 2 2

and don't give me this "we should be like Alabama or OU or Clemson playing for national titles every year."  we haven't been like except for a few brief runs during Mack and DKR's tenures.

Alabama, OU, Clemson.  Hmmmm one of those doesn’t fit in...

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

Riley and Mack were both pretty big names that could have gone to coach almost anywhere.

Didn't Stoops win a title as a DC? That opens a lot of doors. 

DKR was from a completely different era. No sense bringing him up.

DKR was a Sooner.  Winning was innate. 

<DUCKS>

It's not about risking further mediocrity or losing seasons. It's about ceiling. I don't doubt that Campbell's floor at Texas would be better than Strong and close to Herman. Does that make him low risk? It depends on what "risk" means to you. For me, "risk" when it comes to our next coaching hire is what is the risk we are doing this over again in 4 years because it becomes apparent that we are not winning a national championship with the current guy. The chance that that would happen with Campbell is way too fucking high for me. Compared to a guy like Urban - long shot or not - who would be a near lock to at least get us to the CFP in the first 3 or 4 years. 
We don't know how Campbell would recruit in Texas. We don't know how he would handle the pressure and everything else that he doesn't have to do/concern himself with at ISU at a big time program. We don't really know how he would prepare us for big time games. We have one data point on that now and it was pretty meh. 
Had ISU came out and wore OU's ass out and beat them by 2 TDs today I'd definitely entertain the idea of Campbell coaching here. But they didn't - and I knew they wouldn't - and predictably losing to OU when the lights are on (I don't care about talent disparity or players or whatever - ISU has plenty of talent on this year's team and OU is down) is a massive red flag when you are talking about being the next head coach at Texas. 
That doesn't mean he wouldn't be better than Herman. That doesn't mean that he'd never win a conference title at Texas or even have an outside shot at winning a national title here - it just means that there are a ton of things that we haven't seen him do that he would need to excel at.
It's time for Texas to put up or shut up. Campbell - love the guy or not - would be a pussyfoot, wish-cast type hire and Texas cannot afford to make another hire like that and have it not work out. 

If we do hire Campbell - I hope he wins every fucking game he coaches here and it's the best thing our AD has ever done. I just hope we don't hire him because I don't think he's the guy.
Well yeah, I think everyone here agrees we'd much rather have Urban. But that's probably not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, JMFP said:

This is where I'm at. Force the league into 8 conferences, win your conference and your in.

An added benifit would be that you wouldn't be penalized for losing a nonconference game so instead of paying the sisters of the poor to be a sacrifice, ESPN/Fox would pay you to play a game people want to see.

I like 48 teams

4 conferences of 12

Each conference has 2 divsions

The winners of the conference championship games advance

Kinda like the elite 8

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not sure why Campbell would risk his career progression on us. We are simply too much of a circus to be anything close to the top job many of y’all think we are. 

Come on, when Texas comes calling you answer the phone. It’s very rare that a top tier program in peak form needs a new HC, and when that does happen they are like tOSU or BlowU and have a heir apparent. 

You want a big job in CFB, you have to be ready to take on and clean up a mess. Texas is a 10 win season away from being the hottest thing going for recruits and momentum.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Sure you answer the phone but if you’re a hot commodity like Campbell you don’t take the job. 

What better job is coming open for Matt Campbell. Objectively and not DOOMED MFER!

Texas still racks top 5-10 classes. Let’s be real, the Big XII is either the easiest or second easiest path to a CCG and a CFP berth. In state recruiting rival is probably at their highest ebb in 30 years and will likely miss the CFP and finished out of their own CCG. Take a look at these other high profile gigs open or likely to come open soon and ask if they are really better jobs:

Auburn- LOL no

Michigan- No, higher expectations and tougher obstacles 

USCw- just as much dysfunction

LSU (debatable but Ed O can mess this up)— Maybe a tossup for recruiting and resources, tougher conference, worse fans and pressure 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Michigan- No, higher expectations and tougher obstacles

Michigan does not have higher expectations than Texas. What on earth are you talking about? DKR would have been burned to the ground years ago if we had the same record against OU over the past 20 years as they do against tOSU. And our record against OU isn't good.

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

Agree. Campbell has shown he can evaluate and develop lunch pale types. He's also had some wtf losses/near losses, and tends to play up/down to the competition. Sound familiar? He'd probably get us an extra win each year just by avoiding bonehead 4th down decisions, but I don't think he's that much of an upgrade.

I'm at the point where if we can't get Urban, just give Jeff Traylor an Orgeron contract and money whip Chad Morris and Muschamp. I feel like that has a higher ceiling than any of our other options.

Edited by TXpride
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Michigan does not have higher expectations than Texas. What on earth are you talking about? DKR would have been burned to the ground years ago if we had the same record against OU over the past 20 years as they do against tOSU. And our record against OU isn't good.

Michigan is even farther up their own ass then Texas is, Michigan Man is monster all it’s own.

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean the whole package. They want you to be a Michigan Man, to win, to recruit Scholar Athletes, to be squeaky clean, etc. and can’t decide what order those things should come in.

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I mean the whole package. They want you to be a Michigan Man, to win, to recruit Scholar Athletes, to be squeaky clean, etc. and can’t decide what order those things should come in.

Fair. I might say they have more stringent criteria or standards for their HC. "Expectations" to me pretty much chiefly refers to winning if you're talking about HCs.

12 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Agree. Campbell has shown he can evaluate and develop lunch pale types. He's also had some wtf losses/near losses, and tends to play up/down to the competition. Sound familiar? He'd probably get us an extra win each year just by avoiding bonehead 4th down decisions, but I don't think he's that much of an upgrade.

I'm at the point where if we can't get Urban, just give Jeff Traylor an Orgeron contract and money whip Chad Morris and Muschamp. I feel like that has a higher ceiling than any of our other options.

i don't see muschamp taking a dc role here under ANYONE much less traylor . imho