NFL Week Last thread

clapclapclap

Wentz not even in uniform. They don’t even want him in there if Hurts gets hurt. Even with the season on the line. Best place for him would be Indy. Rivers isn’t the long term answer. I don’t know if Wentz can be salvaged and don’t really care but it’s not gonna be at Philly. 

Edited by Nicole44

Alex Smith is a fearless mofo. If I had a leg injury like what he had I’d not be out there. Especially for WFT. It’s not worth having drop foot or whatever else he could have happen to him. He’s already got the calf brace thing and ankle taped three ways to Sunday. 

Wentz not even in uniform. They don’t even want him in there if Hurts gets hurt. Even with the season on the line. Best place for him would be Indy. Rivers isn’t the long term answer. I don’t know if Wentz can be salvaged and don’t really care but it’s not gonna be at Philly. 
There are some rumors that the Saints are interested. Not sure how that would work cap wise, Saints are already in salary cap hell. Hard no thanks from me, though. If we're going to pay that I'd rather get Prescott.

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Philly shoulda kept Foles. They have the statue and everything. Lulz. Philly was really the only place Foles has worked out. Jalen Hurts looks older than his age. Like I’d say he was 30 something. 

Way too much money tied up in Carson. They were/are stuck with him.

While Wentz seemingly wants out of Philadelphia, his four-year, $128-million extension signed in June 2019 makes it a difficult request. Cutting him would incur an unworkable $59.2-million cap hit, while a trade would create a $33.8-million hit.

37 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I predict San Fran.

Re: Jimmy G...there's a lot of options though (and also for Wentz).

Chicago should have an opening.

Detroit would of course should Stafford be traded.

Jets.

Steelers (I think Ben is done after this year).

Raiders might even move on from Carr.

Edited by McCroskey

How on Earth would you get Dak? And no shit you'd take him over Wentz. Wentz is a borderline top 30 guy in the league.
If we could find the money literally everything about the Saints is better. Coaching, system, team, city, management, etc. Dak would be a perennial all pro in Payton's system vs. wasting his prime with one of the most garbage franchises in football.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:
19 minutes ago, ztejas said:
How on Earth would you get Dak? And no shit you'd take him over Wentz. Wentz is a borderline top 30 guy in the league.

If we could find the money literally everything about the Saints is better. Coaching, system, team, city, management, etc. Dak would be a perennial all pro in Payton's system vs. wasting his prime with one of the most garbage franchises in football.

I forgot he was a UFA. Going to be an interesting decision for him.

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The Eagles only real option is to pray that wentz can be fixed. He’s never gonna be that guy he was in his 2nd year, but he should be a starting caliber nfl qb. At least an average one. They have too much invested in him to move on for Jalen hurts 

Seems like the only way Wentz stays in Philly is if they fire Pederson tomorrow, which I personally don't think happens so close to giving them the SB ring.

I forgot he was a UFA. Going to be an interesting decision for him.
It's mostly a moot discussion. I'm not a cap expert but my understanding is the team is already in cap trouble and two of our studs (Ramczyk and Lattimore) are free agents who they want to keep. It's probably gonna be Taysom and some combo of draft pick or journeyman.