2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

8 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I don’t care about nationality. I do find heels extremely annoying, so I am typically not a fan of them.

Yeah I get that. I actually like Porier though and think he's a good guy. 

I don't really cheer that hard for anyone - just like seeing good fights. 

Just watched the replay of this tonight. 

1) when is Rogan going to go away? I get it, early on he did a good job of helping to grow the sport in the US and should be recognized as such. But as the sport evolved his limitations as a commentator have been exposed greatly. And it's only worse putting him next to Cormier. 

2) I know Nuñez got hit and fatigued but damn she didn't even try to fight off that submission. The girl didn't even have her legs lock in. That just looked very weird, wonder if she either just got lazy and complacent or if she's now manufactured interest and a comeback story for the rematch?

3) Olivera is the most fun guy to watch. Great mix of striking techniques and then he's like a South American anaconda when he gets an opening to choke. Gaethje has a punchers chance early but if his grappling hasn't improved dramatically from when Khabib toyed with him before choking him out I don't see how Olivera doesn't do the same if he gets his hands on him. 

• Like 1

I’m really inexperienced at wagering, but why would he not have won $300,000,000 at 1000 to 1?
Someone being -1000 doesn't mean the other fighter is +1000. (Which would be like 3.18mil on a 318K bet....not 318 mil)

Pena was about +600 though I think

Probably a way easier way for degenerate gamblers to figure it out but basic math says 318k/100=3,180×600= 1.9mil

You make 600 on every 100 you bet, not 600 x318k

• Hook 'Em 1