2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Izzy may legitimately be the GOAT striker at any weight.  And I don't like the guy.

His only weakness is a guy bigger than him who can put him on the ground and control him. 

If we can ever see if Chiamev is the real deal he's made out to be then maybe that could be interesting in the future. 

I wouldn't classify it as a snoozer, but yes, Whittaker was a little tentative to string together attacks. However, kudos to him for answering the bell for the second round when his rational mind was saying 'fuck this'. Maybe the Romero fight was a snoozer because of the blatant attemp by the challanger to do absolutely do nothing unless it was a full throttle counter take down, but Izzy wasn't falling for it. Also Adesanya went up a weight class to be double champ and took his lumps. So he's not scared of a challenge or even losing an unblemished record.

It wasn't a snoozer, Rob did the only thing he could to have a chance in the fight. If he opens up too much he gets put out like the first fight by the superior length and kickboxing skills. He figured some things out and was able to get more takedowns and win the 5th round after making the 4th very close. He just didn't have the height and reach nor weight of Jan to neutralize the kickboxing then ground him the way Jan did. 

On 3/1/2022 at 3:53 PM, Scraps said:

Word on twitter world is some dude was allegedly abusing his daughter at daycare and he hunted down the guy and his dad and shot him.  

well sort of...https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/03/us/cain-velasquez-ufc-shooting-charged/index.html 

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez faces a charge of attempted murder after prosecutors say he shot one man while intending to kill another man who was recently charged with molesting one of Velasquez's relatives.

The shooting Monday afternoon occurred during an "11-mile, high speed chase through busy streets into Sane Jose," the Santa Clara, California, District Attorney's office said in a statement, as Velasquez pursued his target, who was in a vehicle with two other people. Velasquez, the statement said, fired at the vehicle from his Ford truck, striking his intended target's 63-year-old male relative.

The victim who was shot was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, the San Jose Police Department previously said.

"The sad tragedy is that Mr. Velasquez chose to take the law into his own hands, endangering the public and everyone in the truck," Santa Clara District Attorney Jeff Rosen said in a statement Wednesday. "This act of violence also causes more pain and suffering to his family."

The attempted murder charge stems from Velasquez's intent to kill his target, but he faces 10 charges in total, according to court documents. They include shooting at an occupied motor vehicle, three counts of assault with a firearm, three counts of assault with a deadly weapon, willfully discharging a firearm from a vehicle and carrying a loaded firearm with intent to commit a felony.

Sounds like he may have tried going billy badass in a car chase and fired into another car hitting a relative, not the molester. If that update is accurate, he's proper fucked. 

On 3/3/2022 at 4:24 PM, Blotto said:

well sort of...https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/03/us/cain-velasquez-ufc-shooting-charged/index.html 

Sounds like he may have tried going billy badass in a car chase and fired into another car hitting a relative, not the molester. If that update is accurate, he's proper fucked. 

He's completely fucked. If you want to kill a dude you have to stalk him and hit stealth style.

29 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Other N named dude got screwed it seemed from what I saw of that fight

I missed the first two rounds of that fight, so I can't comment on that.  But if I heard the scores right, with the point deduction, two judges had it 2 rounds to 1 for the white guy and the other judge had all 3 rounds for the black guy?  Bizarre and typical.