2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Round 1 was very close. Neither guy did much and when you don't do much you leave it to the judges to decide if the little you did was enough. For Yan it wasn't. 

That's fair.  Yan is a notoriously slow starter and it cost him tonight.  I still think he won the first round.  Octagon control matters and Yan was pursuing while Aljo retreated.  If neither guy landed much, that round is supposed to go to the aggressor.  But maybe I need to see it again.

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Yeah Yan didn't do shit either. Overall the fight was lame

I mean, I really don't care if I ever see another Aljamain Sterling fight.  He's extremely skilled at neutralizing what the other guy wants to do and getting the fight into positions where he (Aljo) wants it.  But god damn, he makes me wish I hadn't quit smoking so I could go outside for half an hour until the next fight.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

That's fair.  Yan is a notoriously slow starter and it cost him tonight.  I still think he won the first round.  Octagon control matters and Yan was pursuing while Aljo retreated.  If neither guy landed much, that round is supposed to go to the aggressor.  But maybe I need to see it again.

I mean, I really don't care if I ever see another Aljamain Sterling fight.  He's extremely skilled at neutralizing what the other guy wants to do and getting the fight into positions where he (Aljo) wants it.  But god damn, he makes me wish I hadn't quit smoking so I could go outside for half an hour until the next fight.

Yeah 135 is unwatchable there's Dilly, Sandhagen, and O'Molly and they are all goofs

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

The two rounds sterling "won" he just held a body triangle and did nothing lol that fight sucked shit

Sterling got categorized as a bitch after accepting that first fight win. The two rounds you call boring, he completely dominated his opponent. Yan turned it around though. I didn't know who won.

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyRage said:

Sterling got categorized as a bitch after accepting that first fight win. The two rounds you call boring, he completely dominated his opponent. Yan turned it around though. I didn't know who won.

Zero damage isn't dominating. They should stand it back up when you are just stalling. Never got close to a submission and didn't throw any meaningful strikes.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Oh and he's still a bitch

The whole stadium boo him after the fight because he's a bitch

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Zero damage isn't dominating. They should stand it back up when you are just stalling. Never got close to a submission and didn't throw any meaningful strikes.

Wrestling is a major part of this competition. 

There's no shame in just enjoying boxing. I love watching boxing too. You wouldn't have to worry about wrestling offending you there. 

I don't believe that at all. Gastelum was the interim champ at 185 at 5'9" and gave Adesanya a war. Volkanovski was playing pro rugby at over 210 lbs. 

McGregor held both 145 and 155 simultaneously. If Volkanovski wants to prove he's up on that level and challenge himself that's the next step. No one at 145 outside of Holloway would be a challenge for him at this point. 

Didn't expect Aljo to out wrestle Yan that bad. If he can do that to the #1 contender then he deserves the belt. Colby wishes he could do that to a champ.

Khamzat got tested, what a great fight. Respect to Durinho. And if Kahmzat is showing that he's just about even on Burns' level, then he's not on Usman's level.