2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

JMU WHO? JMU! 

Welcome to the loser's bracket, #1 OU. 

I figured elite pitching would absolutely keep them from winning the title - their average pitching can't hold up if their offense isn't going to score eleven billion runs.  Alabama, UCLA, JMU all have really really good pitching.  UGA knows how to turn it on (shutting down UF in the supers), Eberle for OSU is also a stud.  Certainly not surprised by this outcome. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HollidayHorn said:

My ou coworker is already crying about the calls going against blow u? Any truth to this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No.

There was one "controversial" call where they ruled interference on the OU runner sliding into second to prevent a DP.  That was it.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Not only is JMU the first unseeded team to win their first game since 2008, that bracket now features every team OU has lost to this year (OSU, Georgia, JMU).  

Remember the WCWS has the quirky rule that the losers of the 1-0 games tomorrow flip brackets.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HollidayHorn said:

Ok. So he's just being a typical blow u crybaby bitch

They are SALTY about the loss.  Elite pitching > inflated offensive stats from playing cupcakes 

Jawja making this one interesting.

Cut the lead in half in the 6th.  OSU got it back in their half of the 6th.

Dawgs scored to make it 3-2 in the top of the 7th, runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HollidayHorn said:

What other talk forums are out there to enjoy some blow u tears besides Ultimate College Softball?

That’s all I check and I hate that forum. They hate Texas so much 

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

Not only is JMU the first unseeded team to win their first game since 2008, that bracket now features every team OU has lost to this year (OSU, Georgia, JMU).  

Remember the WCWS has the quirky rule that the losers of the 1-0 games tomorrow flip brackets.  

OU's road to even make the finals looks like:

• Saturday - beat Georgia
  • Saturday - beat loser of UCLA/Alabama game
  • Sunday - beat winner of OKState/James Madison
  • Sunday - beat winner of OKState/James Madison a second time

I just don't think it's doable.

• Hook 'Em 2

MK Tedder is in the portal. She saw her playing time decrease this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if she sees the OFers coming in and said deuces.  When a catcher was playing RF over her, the writing was on the wall 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

As if it wasn’t abundantly clear how one elite pitcher can take your roster to championship level, JMU showing it again. 

And how important it is to field your position in the circle. Second day in a row Eberle looks so uncomfortable fielding ground balls. Which is weird for a ground ball pitcher. 

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Perfect game for Fouts of Alabama. Pretty awesome. First one in the WCWS since 2000. 

Against UCLA too. Just wow. On her birthday too

Edited by Js1

4 minutes ago, HollidayHorn said:

She just dominated them. That was awesome to watch. Gotta think Bama is the team to beat now.

They’ve been on fire. Unless MF’s arm falls off, they are the favorite 

9 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

JMU v Alabama would be a fun finals series 

This.  JMU is so easy to root for. Alexander’s recruitment reminds me of Luna’s - neither highly rated or highly recruited but the coach found her in their backyard. 

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

I think Alabama could win it all. 

Loser games are OU/Georgia, winner faces UCLA. Then FSU/Arizona, winner faces OK State. 

I don’t like the idea of switching brackets and also having a 3 game champ series. 

JMU for example could end up splitting with ou 2-2 and ou wins the title. Same with Alabama and whomever on the other side. 

either keep it like it’s 2 regionals and a super, or have it be a true 2 loss 8 team bracket. 

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t like the idea of switching brackets and also having a 3 game champ series. 

JMU for example could end up splitting with ou 2-2 and ou wins the title. Same with Alabama and whomever on the other side. 

either keep it like it’s 2 regionals and a super, or have it be a true 2 loss 8 team bracket. 

OU is still in JMU’s bracket. OU has to win twice today and then beat JMU twice tomorrow to get to the title game.  So no, they’d be 2-1 against JMU to get to the champ series 

OSU and UCLA flipped as losers of the 1-0 game. OSU has to win one today and beat Bama twice. 

OU needs to worry about UGA and UCLA first.  Not gonna be an easy day for them. 

Today’s schedule:

Game 7: Oklahoma vs. Georgia | 12 p.m. | ESPN
Game 8: Arizona vs. Florida State | 2:30 p.m. | ESPN
Game 9: UCLA vs. OU/UGA winner | 7 p.m. | ESPN
Game 10: Oklahoma State vs. Arizona/FSU winner | 9:30 p.m. | ESPN

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Got it. Point remains about beating a team in your bracket and potentially having to beat them twice more in the final series.  

Right, so OSU or UCLA making it in against teams who beat them.  It’s a weird quirk the WCWS could do without