2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

We seem to do shit like this way too much from my recollection.  

Win a good amount of games in a row and then immediately lose fucking 5 out of 6 or some shit and pretty much cancel out what we just managed to do.  

Like start of the year win 6 of our first 7 then lose 9 out of 10.  Then in May we won 6 in a row and then lost 6 of 7 of the next ones.  

I was at the game so I was wondering did the broadcast say anything regarding Correa HBP?

I am guessing he will be off today since that is how MLB operates now when someone gets hit they must take a rest day because you know a boo boo.

Just wasn't sure how serious it was.....with Correa I guess you never really know.  

I was at the game so I was wondering did the broadcast say anything regarding Correa HBP?
I am guessing he will be off today since that is how MLB operates now when someone gets hit they must take a rest day because you know a boo boo.

Just wasn't sure how serious it was.....with Correa I guess you never really know.  

My impression was that Correa would have stayed in a closer game. But he’ll probably wake up pretty sore and it was right on the knee, so who knows if he’s able to go today.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

Whatever it was was put on his right armpit area and he’s a right handed pitcher.  It would seem to me if it’s a substance to increase grip/spin rate it would’ve been placed on the left side for access with his throwing arm. 

Then why did they put it on there at all? And why the shit-eating grin afterwards?

4 hours ago, Gourmand said:

If there was ever a game to pass out drunk to in the 7th inning, it seems like last night was the one. 

That boxscore at 5am really pissed me off. Five fucking runs allowed n the 9th inning?????

Did exactly this. Went to bed at 4-4. Woke up and took a piss at 5:00 am and was shocked. 

Seemed pretty obvious to me that this wasn't even close to cheating, but for you resident jomboys here you go:

MLB questioned the Orioles and was told an icy hot-type balm was applied to Hunter Harvey -- standard practice among relievers loosening up and something that explains the use of a glove. Inspection of game footage showed Harvey never touched the spot. No discipline forthcoming.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:
Seemed pretty obvious to me that this wasn't even close to cheating, but for you resident jomboys here you go:

MLB questioned the Orioles and was told an icy hot-type balm was applied to Hunter Harvey -- standard practice among relievers loosening up and something that explains the use of a glove. Inspection of game footage showed Harvey never touched the spot. No discipline forthcoming.

On the outside of his jersey ?

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

On the outside of his jersey ?

That wasn't on the outside of his jersey it was in his armpit area....you can see him pull his arm hole open and dude lathers him up 

Edited by Scraps

On 6/28/2021 at 2:21 PM, Scraps said:

Apollo Media looking real weak with their last two creations

What’s up Scraps. Appreciate the feedback. I’ll agree with the orange wagon one but Carlos and LMJ reached out on that one. Is the other one you don’t like the Altuve one? Anyways appreciate the feedback for real 

• Like 2

What’s up Scraps. Appreciate the feedback. I’ll agree with the orange wagon one but Carlos and LMJ reached out on that one. Is the other one you don’t like the Altuve one? Anyways appreciate the feedback for real 
Yeah just not feeling it. But i am old. Do your thing, the sales will probably say otherwise.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Apollo Dez said:

Astroman retro shirt would be awesome 

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:
8 minutes ago, Apollo Dez said:

Yeah just not feeling it. But i am old. Do your thing, the sales will probably say otherwise.

All feedback is great feedback brotha man. I’ll let my design team know to lock it up. I’ve stepped away on that side to focus on content and business dev. 

• Like 2

All feedback is great feedback brotha man. I’ll let my design team know to lock it up. I’ve stepped away on that side to focus on content and business dev. 
Great job getting Gattis on the podcast network. Listening now, he's a cool mfer.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Great job getting Gattis on the podcast network. Listening now, he's a cool mfer.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Appreciate that. Trying to get him on another pod and talk about some Xs and Os. But George killed it if you couldn’t tell uhhh gattis is a little difficult to keep on track but I think it was raw emotion and real. When he got choked up about Valbuena it was like that oh shit moment ok this isn’t going to be like other pods