2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

29 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He speaks like a guy that actually has a job inside the organization besides occasionally working TV.

funny you say that, because i was suggesting the exact opposite.

he sounds like what one of us would sound like if we were in the booth.  he talks like a fanboy.  i love it.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 6:14 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

101-61. 

We gonna be really good in the regular season as we have 7 or 8 or 9 arms in the organization that can be a 2-4 starter, and enough bullpen to definitely be servicable.  We will be a top 3 run scored and top 7 runs allowed team.  We will lose in the round where it's exposed that we don't have enough top end stating pitching and lack that hammer in the bullpen to compete with some of the other teams in top end talent- but if we don't have to face the Yanks or Rays or Dodgers or Padres we might be able to avoid that kind of thing.  This team is built to win in 162 games.  If we are going to win in the sprint as opposed to marathon we will need some real clutch performances from Correa or Altuve or Bregman.  

I'd put our organization from 4-18 up against anyone's. I'm worried about no cy young type and no regular that you say- yeah that guys going to put up MVP numbers for sure. Correa, Altuve, Yordan, Bregman- they've all got some blemishes to them health wise or coming off bad seasons or looking for stuff. I don't know that I trust our best against another teams best- but I know I like our 4th starter, 3rd best high leverage reliever or 6th best hitter up against whoever we are playing almost any day.   

My first post of the year. Half way into the regular season it’s hard to find anything at all wrong with it. 
we are on pace for 101 wins. 
we have a bunch of guys having great seasons but nobody that looks like an MVP or a Cy Young, and amazingly enough you could squint really hard and say we only have 2 or 3 all stars and it wouldn’t be unjust or unfair. 
nailed the 7 or 8 guys in the org that could be a 2-4 starter (he’ll we have so many of those we are running a 6 man rotation with a tandem guy) 

I think the only thing I missed was the Yankees suck when I thought they’d be really good, but I nailed the other three best teams in the league. 

the second half of the season could make me look stupid but prognostication doesn’t get much better than this. 

Bagwell in the booth talking about the AL West leading Houston Astros:

"You know, I have such great pride in seeing that. I just love seeing us in first place, all the doubters, all the people who had stuff to say about us. It's just...I dunno. I can't say it on TV but I'm just like 'see?' We're legit, everything we do is legit and we're a GREAT team, and our guys are just proving it. And I love it."