2018 NBA Offseason Thread -- News, Free Agency, Trades, Etc

Patrick Bateman

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What narrative?  He's the best defensive player in the NBA, finished in the top 5 is assists per game, and was probably the 2nd best player on a championship-winning team--and was definitely the 2nd best player on a 73 win team--before KD even got there.  That's beyond Horace Grant level contributions.

He's also a hot-headed, petulant child who cost them another title and ruined the "best season ever."

Both can be true.

Stop. He is not more valuable than Thompson and never has been. He looks better than he is because of who he is privileged to play with.

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
7 minutes ago, Llogg said:
Stop. He is not more valuable than Thompson and never has been. He looks better than he is because of who he is privileged to play with.

Draymond is better. A DG team and TT team would win the similar to the same amount of games and that wouldn't be because of either of their offense "array of moves "

No they wouldn’t. TT would be unplayable for the Warriors because he can’t fucking pass. Draymond reads the game better than most PGs and is exponentially better than TT on defense. I can’t believe this discussion even exists

Lmao yea that.

Or the 2 best shooters in the league in championship #1 and a top 3 player for the last 2.

So Draymond being the best defensive player in the NBA doesn’t matter because they also have good offensive players? Dude just stop. This is literally the single worst take I’ve ever seen posted on this site.

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You mean the real stars like the best defensive player in the league?

Seriously. The Warriors have proven the last two postseasons that, when they want to be, they're still the best defense in the league. It's what got them past Houston.

Does anyone anywhere believe that would still be the case with only KD, JaVale, and a league average big patrolling the paint, barking out rotations, and hunting angles?

Their defense plummets whenever Dray steps off the court.

Edited by aggie08

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So Draymond being the best defensive player in the NBA doesn’t matter because they also have good offensive players? Dude just stop. This is literally the single worst take I’ve ever seen posted on this site.

They have 2 of the best shooters this game has seen that won 1 championship and broke the single season wins record. Oh but dray can defend well. 

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

They have 2 of the best shooters this game has seen that won 1 championship and broke the single season wins record. Oh but dray can defend well. 

Yea I dunno if you understand how basketball works. Defense is literally half of it. And he’s the best at it. Honestly you should just stop. This is embarrassing 

You mean the real stars like the best defensive player in the league?

Edit: What is going on with this board lately? There have been some utterly insane tales in recent weeks.

Whyd you delete the part about subbing TT into GS? Why not just take DG and put him on less star studded cast and watch them do just as well as TT being there.

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Seriously. The Warriors have proven the last two postseasons that, when they want to be, they're still the best defense in the league. It's what for them past Houston.

Does anyone anywhere believe that would still be the case with only KD, JaVale, and a league average big patrolling the paint and hunting angles?

Their defense plummets whenever Dray steps off the court.

Theyre the best maybe because other teams are hoisting 3's to try and keep up? they were the best offense in the league last year. It doesnt hurt to have a defensive caliber player in DG to fall back on to guard the other teams bigs. But im not gonna sit here and say DG on a different team will make them some sort of contender than doing the same with Steph and KD

Theyre the best maybe because other teams are hoisting 3's to try and keep up? they were the best offense in the league last year. It doesnt hurt to have a defensive caliber player in DG to fall back on to guard the other teams bigs. But im not gonna sit here and say DG on a different team will make them some sort of contender than doing the same with Steph and KD

Have you ever watched GSW play? Your comment about DG guarding other teams bigs makes me think not.

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I hope so because I’m not sure what’s happening here

Only thing that makes any sense.    I cant fuckgin stand Draymond but is infinitely better than Tristan Thompson.    It's debatable whether he is more important to GSW than Klay.

• Like 2

I haven’t deleted anything. I added text on the only edit I made. It’s rught there for you.  TT wouldn’t play for GSW because he cannot pass, or shoot, or dribble. Period. Just stop. Thompson is a journeyman. Dray will be in the HOF. 

I know this. DG's career accomplishments are a HELL Of a lot different if any other team drafts him. Im clearly not the only one who thinks this.

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I know this. DG's career accomplishments is a HELL Of a lot different if any other team drafts him. Im clearly not the only one who thinks this.

Nice back track lol. That applies to most players in the NBA. You think Steph has the same career if he goes to a team that doesn’t embrace the three point shot? 

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Whyd you delete the part about subbing TT into GS? Why not just take DG and put him on less star studded cast and watch them do just as well as TT being there.

No one thought that Golden State was a "star studded cast" when Draymond was drafted. They were a bottom tier team with a couple of cute, sweet shooting guards who didn't play much defense. Dray's first year there, they made the playoffs, and his toughness and IQ landed him in the playoff rotation as a rookie. The following season, he was playing 33 minutes a game in the postseason. Then, Kerr took over, and Draymond took David Lee's starting job despite being, on paper, the antithesis of what Kerr wanted. They couldn't keep him off the court.

Y'all act like he joined the dream team. He helped make them a juggernaut from the bottom up as much as anyone not named Steph.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Nice back track lol. That applies to most players in the NBA. You think Steph has the same career if he goes to a team that doesn’t embrace the three point shot? 

I do. we knew that in college. Back track? Ive only said it 5 other times that DG isn't the same on a different team.

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So the line up of death, who guards the Brow? or Capela? or Aldridge?

I'm not sure that admitting that Draymond is the only one who can guard AD (and do so fairly well) when Golden State goes small--an integral part in making them one of the best offenses ever--helps your argument.

• Like 1

I know Im losing this battle, but dont care. DG is a shithead loud mouth for still being the fourth fiddle on offense and the other team made him beat them.

DG can thank KD, KT and SC for creating his persona that he is today. DG can back up all of his talk because his team is going to win. He is the best defensive player in the L, hell of a dribbler and passer. I cant take that away from him at all. Im not going to pet his ego saying putting DG on the Wolves and putting KAT on the Warriors, the Wolves make the playoffs on the last game of the season.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm not sure that admitting that Draymond is the only one who can guard AD (and do so fairly well) when Golden State goes small--an integral part in making them one of the best offenses ever--helps your argument.

all i was told was DG doesnt guard the other teams bigs. Is the offense just fine with DG out of the game?

I do. we knew that in college. Back track? Ive only said it 5 other times that DG isn't the same on a different team.

Ok then. Yea we totally knew Steph was going to be great in college? Remind me where he went in the draft? And remind me what the common consensus was on him going into the draft?

You also said Draymond should defer to the stars earlier instead of talking shit. I’m not sure how you define star but 3 time all star, 4 time NBA all defense, 2 time All nba, 3 time nba champion, 1 time DPOY. That’s a stars resume

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Ok then. Yea we totally knew Steph was going to be great in college? Remind me where he went in the draft? And remind me what the common consensus was on him going into the draft?

You also said Draymond should defer to the stars earlier instead of talking shit. I’m not sure how you define star but 3 time all star, 4 time NBA all defense, 2 time All nba, 3 time nba champion, 1 time DPOY. That’s a stars resume

He bursted onto the scene in the tournament. Well he went 7th. he could shoot, shoot shoot. Son of a shooter.

hell of a resume. 

19 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I know Im losing this battle, but dont care. DG is a shithead loud mouth for still being the fourth fiddle on offense and the other team made him beat them.

DG can thank KD, KT and SC for creating his persona that he is today. DG can back up all of his talk because his team is going to win. He is the best defensive player in the L, hell of a dribbler and passer. I cant take that away from him at all. Im not going to pet his ego saying putting DG on the Wolves and putting KAT on the Warriors, the Wolves make the playoffs on the last game of the season.

If I need to win one playoff game tomorrow--and I'm not projecting who will be better 5 years from now, who would you build your team doing, or any of that hypothetical bullshit--I take Draymond over KAT 100 times out of 100. Can't teach IQ and give-a-fuck.

Edited by aggie08

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

all i was told was DG doesnt guard the other teams bigs. Is the offense just fine with DG out of the game?

Were you told that or were you told they switch everything. KD ended up on Brow plenty. It didn’t usually go as well but to say Dray guards bigs is an incredible thin reading of what he does. He guards all 5 positions throughout the game and coordinates all the switching. If you watch them play you see this. 

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If I need to win one playoff game tomorrow--and I'm not projecting who will be better 5 years from now, who would you build your team doing, or anything of that hypothetical bullshit--I take Draymond over KAT 100 times out of 100. Can't teach IQ and give-a-fuck.

You take the 33 year old, Ill take the 26 year old. 

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He bursted onto the scene in the tournament. Well he went 7th. he could shoot, shoot shoot. Son of a shooter.

hell of a resume. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/other/news/stephen-curry-scouting-report-davidson-2009-nba-draft/odgsfr1n0zs517flvxfb3lg5m

Compared to Daniel Gibson. 

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

That may be true..... but the Warriors probably lose to Houston if you make that trade too.  Nothing wrong with being the ultimate role guy.  A lot of HOF's were those....

15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That may be true..... but the Warriors probably lose to Houston if you make that trade too.  Nothing wrong with being the ultimate role guy.  A lot of HOF's were those....

He was also the only Warrior who bothered to show up for Game 7 in the 2016 Finals.  He would have been Finals' MVP had Golden State won that game, despite his lack of self control being the reason why it even went 7, and only playing in 6 of the games.  32 points on 11-15 (6-8) shooting , 15 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals.  Players you can trust in the biggest moments don't grow on trees [cue video of Draymond dribbling it off his leg in Game 5 of this year's WCF].

46 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He was also the only Warrior who bothered to show up for Game 7 in the 2016 Finals.  He would have been Finals' MVP had Golden State won that game, despite his lack of self control being the reason why it even went 7, and only playing in 6 of the games.  32 points on 11-15 (6-8) shooting , 15 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals.  Players you can trust in the biggest moments don't grow on trees [cue video of Draymond dribbling it off his leg in Game 5 of this year's WCF].

If he doesn't get suspended, the Warriors would be going for 5 titles in a row next year.