2018 NBA Offseason Thread -- News, Free Agency, Trades, Etc

Patrick Bateman

7 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Rockets?  Even or Better, Warriors : Even or Better

just as much uncertainty with Boogie's health as the Rockets replacing two role players

+ another year of father time for Iggy

Boogie at less than 50% >>>>>>  Javale or Zaza so the Warriors are definitely better

what are you guys thinking are going to be the opening night TNT games and the christmas day lineup?

i think opening night with be philly vs. boston (don't think it really matters who is the home team) followed by lakers @ warriors (i'd be shocked if it was anything else).

for christmas day (i think there are usually five games) i'll go: indiana vs milwaukee, raptors @ spurs, boston @ lakers, warriors @ rockets and okc @ utah.

Is Boogie actually good at protecting the rim though?  I thought that was a problem with his game, that he wasn't a tough defender down low. I was thinking the Warriors might be more vulnerable around the rim without McGee and Zaza. 

Boogie  can shoot 3s at a decent rate, which is something the Warriors have never had at the 5 before. That will definitely come into play as he probably gets some of the open looks that Draymond usually gets. 

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

And he will play less than 20 minutes against the Rockets at less than 50%, as Harden and Paul will destroy him in the switches.

...and absolutely fuck up Paul/Harden/Gordon/whomever when they have to switch onto him on the other end.  It should make for an interesting chess match.

Just now, aggie08 said:

...and absolutely fuck up Paul/Harden/Gordon/whomever when they have to switch onto him on the other end.  It should make for an interesting chess match.

right. I guarantee that a less than 50% Cousins will not be fucking anyone up on the Rockets.

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

right. I guarantee that a less than 50% Cousins will not be fucking anyone up on the Rockets.

Yet the 34 year old corpse of one of the most inefficient ball stoppers in the NBA is going to work miracles on the offensive side for the Rockets?

Just now, Chad said:

Yet the 34 year old corpse of one of the most inefficient ball stoppers in the NBA is going to work miracles on the offensive side for the Rockets?

The Rockets don't need him to work miracles, they already have Harden and Paul for that, they just need him to not go 0-12

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm pretty sure that Cousins at 10% could back 6' CP3 underneath the basket with that ass.  Now, how much Golden State will opt to slow the game down like that and how much it will hurt their own defense--even with a healthy Cousins--remains to be seen.  But adding Cousins is ideally a counter-move for switch-everything teams like Houston.

Edited by aggie08

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The Rockets don't need him to work miracles, they already have Harden and Paul for that, they just need him to not go 0-12

He's coming off his most inefficient season yet, his defensive rating equated to allowing opposing players to score at will he has no lateral quickness whatsoever and he stated recently he's above being a bench player and is still one of the best players in the NBA. Good luck with that.

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm pretty sure that Cousins at 10% could back 6' CP3 underneath the basket with that ass.  Now, how much Golden State will opt to slow the game down like that and how much it will hurt their own defense--even with a healthy Cousins--remains to be seen.  But adding Cousins is ideally a counter-move for switch-everything teams like Houston.

Any move to take the ball outnof Durant Curry or Thompson’s hand is a win for the opponent. Boogie has as much chance to negatively effect the Warriors as Melo the Rockets. Melo at least actually fits what the rockets do, high offense, high volume and switching defense. Boogie is a square peg that will need to be shaved down to fit the Warriors game. He needs the ball. 

He also increases the value of Capela against the Rockets as that is a more favorable matchup than a green. Clint will stay on the floor more and be more effective against a more traditional post player. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Is Boogie actually good at protecting the rim though?  I thought that was a problem with his game, that he wasn't a tough defender down low. I was thinking the Warriors might be more vulnerable around the rim without McGee and Zaza. 

Boogie  can shoot 3s at a decent rate, which is something the Warriors have never had at the 5 before. That will definitely come into play as he probably gets some of the open looks that Draymond usually gets. 

Not really.  He's played in some poor defensive schemes and with mostly poor teams and his metrics point to being mostly neutral to below average.  Couple that with an Achilles injury, he isn't going to remind anyone of Dikembe Mutombo but should easily be their best defensive rebounder and the rates have him superior to anyone on GSW.  Offensively, he was probably the best low post player in the league, he's an excellent passer for a big man, and has extended his range to 3 pointer, as you pointed out. 

Hard to really understand what he'll be when he comes back and how he'll be used but he should be a big upgrade over Zaza or David West or whomever when he gets his legs back.  It's all about his attitude and how he'll deal with 20-25 minutes a night in the playoffs.  The Warriors probably won't be more vulnerable around the rim with Boogie than Looney or Bell, who played mostly in the playoffs (Zaza had fallen out of the rotation), but McGee provides a much bigger shot blocking presence than Boogie probably will.  Offensively, not a contest.  Boogie played the Rockets twice last year and averaged almost a triple double and was a +20.

Are we sure ChickenSandwich isn't a jhawk sock? My lord.... just awful, uninformed, horribly biased basketball takes.

I loathe the Warriors, but I loved watching their offense when Bogut was playing out of the high post. Boogie is going to amazing in that role. Offensively, he can do everything Bogut did but he can do it better. He has better range, better ball handing skills, he's a better passer, pretty much better at everything with the exception of setting non-called moving screens. His ball handling skills are obscene for a guy that big and he is the best post up player in the league. Having someone like that will open up the rest of the offense for the Warriors, as if they needed any help to begin with.

• Like 3

Not a Spurs or Mavericks fan, just a Melo realist. Leopards don't change their spots. Nor do aging ego maniacs.

Rockets didn't push GSW to the brink with their offense, they did it with tough defense. Melo will not be a participant in that. I mean even if he underwent some Manchurian Candidate level brainwashing, that he is all NBA first team defense, his body simply isn't capable of it. Ennis will be a much better defender, and Ennis will probably be better with the open corner 3 everyone thinks Melo is going to shine from.

It's not gonna be Melo see's Harden and Paul take some shots, so now it's his turn. He's gonna see Gordon and Anderson(until he's hopefully somehow traded) take shots, and say "I'm Carmelo, why are they shooting, I need to show these scrubs what's up."

The only hope is that he was willing to sign for a couple million. That's chump change for a guy that's made $200mm in his career. Why go through a grueling season to make 2mm unless you're going to fully buy-in. It will be the first time he's bought in anywhere, so I don't see how Rocket fans can be so confident in their shit talking.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Any move to take the ball outnof Durant Curry or Thompson’s hand is a win for the opponent. Boogie has as much chance to negatively effect the Warriors as Melo the Rockets. Melo at least actually fits what the rockets do, high offense, high volume and switching defense. Boogie is a square peg that will need to be shaved down to fit the Warriors game. He needs the ball. 

He also increases the value of Capela against the Rockets as that is a more favorable matchup than a green. Clint will stay on the floor more and be more effective against a more traditional post player. 

Have you ever, even a single time, watched Boogie play? Honest question 

• Like 1

Does Golden State have the same achilles heal? What if old ass, always wonky kneed Iggy, goes down. They have a rookie guard, they signed a power forward, where's the wing depth?

When Bogut went down that was big for them against Lebron. If Lebron got the step and the drive there was no one back there to stop him. Same for Harden last year, and Harden almost always gets the step. Cousins doesn't have to be a black hole on the post. He can go outside, pull someone like Capella out and open up things inside for Durant or Currry to drive. On defense he should be able to block out Capella, and put up some kind of obstacle to people driving past perimeter defenders.

The Warriors kinda built themself to take on Lebron, now it's gonna be get past Houston, take on Philly or more likely Boston. That will be interesting. 

21 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Melo at least actually fits what the rockets do, high offense, high volume and switching defense.

If you mean he's equally inept defensively switching across all 5 positions, then I wholeheartedly agree with you. 

As far as Boogie, I agree there's some risk there. He doesn't fit smoothly with what they try to do. You only have to go back a few pages to find me adamantly against his signing. I don't love that, after having way too many centers on the roster, they used their only available non-minimum contract...on a center.  A center who, even if everything works out perfectly and he's 100%, is going to be using the tail end of the regular to ramp back into shape, and they really only envision him to being a big factor for a game or 2 two in the playoffs when possessions bog down, and the ball gets sticky against elite defenses.

But they're the champions, and they can afford to take risks. They obviously don't need him. Houston is chasing, and they need more contributors. It feels like Melo goes against a lot of the toughness and defensive identity that they established last season. And, like others have said, the idea of him graciously accepting a 15-20 mpg role behind Ennis and Tucker would be out of character for him...and that's before getting into the on-the-court risk, or the fact that he's just not very good anymore. We shall see.

For the record, I can see Melo being a net positive in a long, meaningless regular season, so probably worth the $1.5M. But I don't think he helps at all in trying to beat the Warriors--certainly not as much as Ariza--which I thought was Morey's obsession.

24 minutes ago, Robin Masters said:

Does Golden State have the same achilles heal? What if old ass, always wonky kneed Iggy, goes down. They have a rookie guard, they signed a power forward, where's the wing depth?

When Bogut went down that was big for them against Lebron. If Lebron got the step and the drive there was no one back there to stop him. Same for Harden last year, and Harden almost always gets the step. Cousins doesn't have to be a black hole on the post. He can go outside, pull someone like Capella out and open up things inside for Durant or Currry to drive. On defense he should be able to block out Capella, and put up some kind of obstacle to people driving past perimeter defenders.

The Warriors kinda built themself to take on Lebron, now it's gonna be get past Houston, take on Philly or more likely Boston. That will be interesting. 

Awesome question..... Last year, headed into the playoffs there was no reason to cut Cassipi and keep Zaza.  It was a tactical error by their front office and coaching staff which almost cost them a championship.  KD and company bailed them out.  This year they've signed two big men, a traditional elite big man in Cousins and a bench, 8th man kind of stretch 4 in Jones Jerebko (last 4 years he's shot about 38% from 3).  They haven't made really any moves with their wings.  They get Patrick McCaw back, who was injured, but he's a JAG.  Jordan Bell is a nice energy, garbage guy who's bouncy but can't shoot and is really a big forward.  They drafted a wing, Jacob Evans, but he's a rookie.  They haven't replaced the Cassipi role or Nick Young spot on the wing and instead got bigger.  The Warriors may play a little different this coming season as Iguodala and Livingston become less consistent during a regular season, they'll be expected to raise their games in the playoffs.  Last year this worked, but can they do it again?  I don't know, seems like a team who will look and feel a little different.  I think they need another wing.  Jamal Crawford was considered and maybe they'll sign him closer to TC, but it's an interesting and different roster right now..... They have what feels like a lot of big guys in Cousins, Damion Jones, Jerebko, Draymond, Looney and Bell.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman

For the record, I can see Melo being a net positive in a long, meaningless regular season, so probably worth the $1.5M. But I don't think he helps at all in trying to beat the Warriors--certainly not as much as Ariza--which I thought was Morey's obsession.
why are yall letting the aggie make all the sense?

although... Melo the scorer could help the rockets. I think he can defend Draymond enough to be the 5 in the Rockets small lineup for a few minutes.

The problem every team is going to have is guarding KD without having to help. There is no available player for that.

Ariza, even when he was young and healthy, couldn't carry his own offense.

1 hour ago, Robin Masters said:

Not a Spurs or Mavericks fan, just a Melo realist. Leopards don't change their spots. Nor do aging ego maniacs.

Rockets didn't push GSW to the brink with their offense, they did it with tough defense. Melo will not be a participant in that. I mean even if he underwent some Manchurian Candidate level brainwashing, that he is all NBA first team defense, his body simply isn't capable of it. Ennis will be a much better defender, and Ennis will probably be better with the open corner 3 everyone thinks Melo is going to shine from.

It's not gonna be Melo see's Harden and Paul take some shots, so now it's his turn. He's gonna see Gordon and Anderson(until he's hopefully somehow traded) take shots, and say "I'm Carmelo, why are they shooting, I need to show these scrubs what's up."

The only hope is that he was willing to sign for a couple million. That's chump change for a guy that's made $200mm in his career. Why go through a grueling season to make 2mm unless you're going to fully buy-in. It will be the first time he's bought in anywhere, so I don't see how Rocket fans can be so confident in their shit talking.

Probably the best analysis of melo yet. Even if he comes off the bench he’ll want to be the guy who gets all the shots when he is on the floor. 

I also like the analysis of Houston winning with defense and not offense. Those 30-40 point WCF blowouts will be 50 point losses if melo see the floor. Who do you put him on? Klay? Durant? The simple answer is green but if Capela is on the floor and green is at the 5 then melo is going to cost about a million points. Unless green is playing the 4 melo can’t be on the floor. Even iggy would woodshed him on defense just by making cuts to the basket. 

Warriors got a lot better and Houston is hoping they stayed the same but more likely got worse. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I think Raptors/C's, GS @ Lakers opening night

Christmas: 6ers/Knicks, Jazz@ C's, Raptors@ Spurs, Warriors@Rockets, Lakers@Cavs, Wolves/Nuggets

The last game I could see it being Timberwolves/ Thunder...

12 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Probably the best analysis of melo yet. Even if he comes off the bench he’ll want to be the guy who gets all the shots when he is on the floor. 

I also like the analysis of Houston winning with defense and not offense. Those 30-40 point WCF blowouts will be 50 point losses if melo see the floor. Who do you put him on? Klay? Durant? The simple answer is green but if Capela is on the floor and green is at the 5 then melo is going to cost about a million points. Unless green is playing the 4 melo can’t be on the floor. Even iggy would woodshed him on defense just by making cuts to the basket. 

Warriors got a lot better and Houston is hoping they stayed the same but more likely got worse. 

He doesn't want to come off of the bench and that was one of the reasons besides the massive luxury tax hit that he was discarded by the Thunder. Melo still feels like he is the man (He's always been extremely overrated in my eyes), should be starting and playing 30+ minutes a night. It's an experiment that's likely going to blow up in the rocket's faces. They're inheriting a ball stopping iso volume shooter that doesn't pass the ball who came off his worst season after beginning to slowly decline. I'm not talking about PPG, I'm talking about fg% he was flat out awful last season. Melo is one of the worst defenders and with declining ability he's not going to be able to improve in that area even if he wanted to. He already ran D'Antoni out of NY because he didn't buy into his system, then he didn't buy into the next coaches system then he didn't care for Donovan in OKC. So I'm assuming the reunion tour will go just fine and dandy this time around? Rocket fans can't comprehend why everyone is bashing the acquisition of melo. Who cares if he was signed for next to nothing? $$$ was never the issue, it's about his ego, declining ability and the potential to disrupt the team immensely on each side of the court.

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Melo doesn't provide much if any direct value for the Rockets against the Warriors but if he helps take the burden off of Harden/Paul in the regular season and rest of the playoffs so they are fresher and healthier when they match up with the Warriors again, that's easily worth it.

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

There is zero difference in a 30 point loss and a 50 point loss in the playoffs, so if that is what you're worried about you should probably worry about something else.

9 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

Melo doesn't provide much if any direct value for the Rockets against the Warriors but if he helps take the burden off of Harden/Paul in the regular season and rest of the playoffs so they are fresher and healthier when they match up with the Warriors again, that's easily worth it.

How would he do this?  Harden sat out 10 games throughout the season and played about 35 minutes per game.  Hardly exorbitant for a 28 year old.  He may play a minute or two less now that he's won his MVP but doubt it.  He averaged the same amount of minutes in the first two rounds of the playoffs (actually a few seconds less).  

Chris Paul sat out 24 games in the season.  He sat out 30% of the season.  He averaged less than 32 minutes per game.  In the playoffs in the first two rounds, he averaged about 33 minutes a game.  These aren't heavy minutes and considering they were 4-1 series, they weren't high exhausting series.  They had almost a week until they played the Warriors to open.

There's not much "burden" Melo can take off those two as they are guys who thrive with the ball in their hands and Melo is fairly inefficient scorer these days.  If anything, Paul can make Melo look better, maybe better than he is, but his overall defensive deficiencies may end up working against the Rockets from an effort perspective.  A reasonable expectation is there is probably no direct or indirect value in effort or offensive burden for the two superstars, especially with the way the offense is structured and the way they stagger their minutes and rotations.  

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

How would he do this?  Harden sat out 10 games throughout the season and played about 35 minutes per game.  Hardly exorbitant for a 28 year old.  He may play a minute or two less now that he's won his MVP but doubt it.  He averaged the same amount of minutes in the first two rounds of the playoffs (actually a few seconds less).  

Chris Paul sat out 24 games in the season.  He sat out 30% of the season.  He averaged less than 32 minutes per game.  In the playoffs in the first two rounds, he averaged about 33 minutes a game.  These aren't heavy minutes and considering they were 4-1 series, they weren't high exhausting series.  They had almost a week until they played the Warriors to open.

There's not much "burden" Melo can take off those two as they are guys who thrive with the ball in their hands and Melo is fairly inefficient scorer these days.  If anything, Paul can make Melo look better, maybe better than he is, but his overall defensive deficiencies may end up working against the Rockets from an effort perspective.  A reasonable expectation is there is probably no direct or indirect value in effort or offensive burden for the two superstars, especially with the way the offense is structured and the way they stagger their minutes and rotations.  

By adding a 4th scoring option after Harden/Paul/Gordon who can actually create their own shot.

6 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Have you ever, even a single time, watched Boogie play? Honest question 

Did you watch any New Orleans games last season?  Honest question  they got better when he got hurt. Biggest reason? Tempo. They sped up their pace of play and Davis became a monster. Addition by subtraction. 

If they use him as a few mins here and there/match up, no worries. But if they try to feature him they will be going s disservice to their own offense. Only one way to go there. Down. He slows the pace of the game at his optimum output. 

When Boogie went off against the Rockets they lost. When he facilitated and only got 15 they won. I hope he is a huge part of their offense going into the playoffs. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

34 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Did you watch any New Orleans games last season?  Honest question  they got better when he got hurt. Biggest reason? Tempo. They sped up their pace of play and Davis became a monster. Addition by subtraction. 

If they use him as a few mins here and there/match up, no worries. But if they try to feature him they will be going s disservice to their own offense. Only one way to go there. Down. He slows the pace of the game at his optimum output. 

When Boogie went off against the Rockets they lost. When he facilitated and only got 15 they won. I hope he is a huge part of their offense going into the playoffs. 

Some valid points in there, but I'd still rate the move by the Warriors getting Cousins over Houston getting Melo. For one thing, Kerr isn't going to allow one player to undermine his offense. Kerr has shown an amazing ability to successfully integrate unlikely players like Javale MeGee, and Swaggy P......Swaggy fucking P!! He will know how to utilize Cousins, or Boogie will sit the bench.

I just don't think the Warriors have anything to worry about in terms of Cousins fucking up their team. I can't say the same about Melo and Houston, but hey all I have to say is good luck with that motherfucker. I still say he's a cancer to any team. And as far as CP3 making him better, he's not going to be able to make Melo any better of a shooter than he is. And that's about all he has left, since he rarely drives or scores at the rim. He is just a mediocre iso-jump shooter that can't play defense.

Edited by immortal13
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Kerr was interviewed during a SL game and he mentioned that it was brought up to Cousins about his role with the Team/Offense and that there will be times or several trips down the floor where Cousins won't be the focal point(and he shouldn't) and Cousins bought into it, which only time will tell if he does.  If it indeed it's a ring grab on his part, he'd be damn well smart to just STFU and don't rock the boat.  Of course, this is Cousins we're talking about. 

16 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

It would be kind of funny if the Warriors trade Cousins in February for a decent player or pick. I mean, there's gotta be some temptation to do so if they don't really need him, they could shed some salary/tax in the process. 

Can't see a real benefit for anyone to trade for him mid-season.   That team wouldn't get Bird rights so they would still need cap space in order to make him a full offer next summer.   Also, unless they are trading him for a pick GSW wouldn't shed much salary since he only makes 5M or get a decent player in return making less.

I can't believe we are seriously having people question whether adding an All-NBA player just one yr ago to a guy that is very over the hill.   Unless Boogie literally cannot walk, getting him is better than getting Melo.    And I'm not one of those "Melo = death to your team" guys but cmon man.

Boogie has 100M+ reasons to not cause an issue in the locker room........ON TOP OF the fact that if he plays a role he can get a ring.

• Like 1

The only way that Cousins has any trade value is if he comes back a little early and proves that he's healthy by the deadline. Then maybe a team that sees him as the missing piece in their playoff/title run and/or they want to get him in house to start selling him on signing long-term would be interested.

But it's a Catch-22: if he's healthy, then there's no chance the Warriors trade him (well, unless two wings get injured, and they have no choice). They wouldn't get anywhere close to equal value at that price range.

Edited by aggie08

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

It would be kind of funny if the Warriors trade Cousins in February for a decent player or pick. I mean, there's gotta be some temptation to do so if they don't really need him, they could shed some salary/tax in the process. 

wat-wat-wat-oh-wait-why-im-doing-this_o_

14 hours ago, goatsaag said:

By adding a 4th scoring option after Harden/Paul/Gordon who can actually create their own shot.

Melo actually can't create his shot anymore..... at least efficiently and effectively.  He's pretty terrible now as he's always been an ISO only creator and never been able to run the PNR well nor been interested (hence MDA leaving NYK when he was there).  On nights where he's feeling it, sure you can throw the ball into him or clear out a side but most nights, you don't want him to do this, he's bad at it now.  Melo is actually a pretty decent catch and shoot guy now.  I'm fairly sure Morey was convinced by seeing the numbers.  Melo can shoot reasonably well off the pass, not the bounce anymore. 

I think Melo's role will be to defensively rebound and get out and run with the CP3 lineup.  In the halfcourt he'll most likley be stationed in the corner most of the time.  Maybe they try and play him as a high pick and pop guy but it doesn't really play to strengths.  If this is a Melo vs Ariza comparison, Ariza is the superior player at this stage of their careers because of defense but if a Houston fan wants to argue, Ariza's not 4 times the better player, then I think I can understand that line of thinking if Melo embraces his new reality.  He simply has never wanted to, so folks have a right to be skeptical.....

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, d2o said:

I can't believe we are seriously having people question whether adding an All-NBA player just one yr ago to a guy that is very over the hill.   Unless Boogie literally cannot walk, getting him is better than getting Melo.    And I'm not one of those "Melo = death to your team" guys but cmon man.

Boogie has 100M+ reasons to not cause an issue in the locker room........ON TOP OF the fact that if he plays a role he can get a ring.

Because only a few players in the history of the NBA that has had an achilles injury returned to his previous form ever again. It is literally the worst injury a basketball player can have.

According to a 2013 medical study that identified 18 players who suffered major Achilles injuries over a 23-year span (1988-2011), seven players never returned to the league. Players who returned missed an average of 56 games and saw their PER decline in their first and second seasons back. A 2015 CBS Sports article found that among 14 players who returned from Achilles injuries since 1992, they averaged fewer minutes while both their field goal and three-point percentages dropped, on average. There are very few complete success stories.

Not too mention that Cousins is every much the locker room cancer that Melo can be.

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Vince Carter was available and the rockets took melo... Probably should have taken vince.  He can still play, had a better year last year than melo and is good in the locker room.

It what way was Carter better than Melo last year?

PER - nope

WS - nope

WS/48 - nope

ORtg - nope

DRtg - nope

FG% - nope

3P% - nope

FT% - nope

Edited by HtownHorn

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/carmelo-anthony-isnt-going-come-bench-yet-when-i-feel-im-ready

So about Melo accepting that bench role. 

On Wednesday, Carmelo spoke with Jemele Hill of the Undefeated. Here is an excerpt from her story:

One of the moments that stood out from the Thunder’s tumultuous season was Anthony laughing when he was asked if he’d ever consider coming off the bench. For some, that was just the latest evidence of Melo’s selfishness.

But Pissed Off Melo has a message for you.

“I know how to play this game of basketball,” he said. “I’ve been playing it for a long time. When I feel like I’m ready to take that role, then I’ll take that role. Only I know when it’s best for me to take that role. I’m not going to do that in a situation where I still know my capabilities and what I can do.

And at the end of the day, the people who really matter know my capabilities and what I can still do. You start getting to the media and debates, it’s going to always be kind of back-and-forth.”

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Kermit said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a group of fans white knight Melo. This thread should be an interesting read come 2019.

I think it's worth giving it a chance, and this is coming from a fan of the team he just left...

CP3 & Harden, should work different offensively than what PG & Westbrook did for Melo...

• Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/carmelo-anthony-isnt-going-come-bench-yet-when-i-feel-im-ready
So about Melo accepting that bench role. 

On Wednesday, Carmelo spoke with Jemele Hill of the Undefeated. Here is an excerpt from her story:

One of the moments that stood out from the Thunder’s tumultuous season was Anthony laughing when he was asked if he’d ever consider coming off the bench. For some, that was just the latest evidence of Melo’s selfishness.

But Pissed Off Melo has a message for you.

“I know how to play this game of basketball,” he said. “I’ve been playing it for a long time. When I feel like I’m ready to take that role, then I’ll take that role. Only I know when it’s best for me to take that role. I’m not going to do that in a situation where I still know my capabilities and what I can do.

And at the end of the day, the people who really matter know my capabilities and what I can still do. You start getting to the media and debates, it’s going to always be kind of back-and-forth.”

Jello is going to be a cancer all season.