Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

Just now, TexArcher said:

The Chelsea fan in me is pretty happy to see Timo miss for an opponent.

I mean, good save, but Timo had to do better there.  He just...  doesn't.

In real time I didn't think he was going to make it. He's missed way easier chances than that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Kane is set up to fail in this system.  Saka is rooted to the right sideline and the two DMs are playing so deep that Kane and Sterling are basically playing 2 on 4 or 5 in almost every situation.  Accordingly, his only chances come on breakdowns like the one at the end of the half.  

• Hook 'Em 2

The irony to all of these HT comments is that this game could be as open as yesterday if Southgate played creative players rather than racking up yellows with his DMs.

England plays long ball because of Southgate and his system.  None of these guys play long ball for their clubs.  Southgate is a dinosaur and a disgrace to the sport.  He should be publicly flogged after the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Kane is set up to fail in this system.  Saka is rooted to the right sideline and the two DMs are playing so deep that Kane and Sterling are basically playing 2 on 4 or 5 in almost every situation.  Accordingly, his only chances come on breakdowns like the one at the end of the half.  

This nails it. The scheme Southgate is running isn’t set up for Kane or Sterling to score. Bitch about Kane doing nothing, that is what Gerth (English Gerg) wants. Wait up top for balls that they don’t have the team to make happen. 

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Wasn't Kane a mile offside? I don't think it would've survived VAR if he hadn't cocked it up as bad as he did.

It would have been close. It would depend when and off whom that ball came. 

3 minutes ago, alincoln said:

The irony to all of these HT comments is that this game could be as open as yesterday if Southgate played creative players rather than racking up yellows with his DMs.

England plays long ball because of Southgate and his system.  None of these guys play long ball for their clubs.  Southgate is a dinosaur and a disgrace to the sport.  He should be publicly flogged after the game.

i hear there is a nice place for him to rest his head near the tower bridge. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

I thought it came to him off a touch from a defender

I went back and rewatched it and it's hard to tell. I then had to Google and wasn't aware that if it comes off a deliberate play by a defender and goes to an attacker, the attacker is not considered offside. Learn something new every day! Thanks!