2021 Texas Volleyball

TexasDPT

1 minute ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Surely they’ll open up those empty floor seats on Saturday.  I understand why, but horrible optics.  I assume the Nebraska section on the other side was at least full. 

Yeah they will.  And a bunch of Illinois students just came in from somewhere and filled that section where the hellraisers were

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, Paul just said this was the 20th time Texas has trailed 2-1 in the tournament.

And the first time we have won.

I am on the verge of declaring this a team of destiny./bipolar disorder

That’s wrong. We dropped sets 2 and 3 to Michigan in the semifinals in 2012. Won 3-2. Unless he said down 0-2 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, Paul just said this was the 20th time Texas has trailed 2-1 in the tournament.

And the first time we have won.

I am on the verge of declaring this a team of destiny./bipolar disorder

Paul said down 2-0 in NCAA Tourney, first Texas win in 20 matches

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, texfan11 said:

Also, slightly off topic - but does anyone else think Washington coach Keegan Cook and Stanford coach Kevin Hambly look similar, especially from behind? I wasn’t paying too close attention to him, and for two seconds I thought Hambly had taken a new job 

Kind of.

I have noticed that college volleyball coaches are either cueballs or have hair helmets.  No one seems to have normal, receding or merely thinning hair.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah they will.  And a bunch of Illinois students just came in from somewhere and filled that section where the hellraisers were

Yeah, late in the 5th they showed all those Illinois fans - looked like they were in a back hallway or something.  Wonder why they couldn't enter for our match?  Was it separate tickets to each match? 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Cooney for ILL didn’t make the trip. So it’ll be an uninteresting sweep for Corn and we play them Saturday. ESPN and the committee gonna get what they wanted 

So Lexi Sun starts and ends her collegiate volleyball career in Gregory gym

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Cooney for ILL didn’t make the trip. So it’ll be an uninteresting sweep for Corn and we play them Saturday. ESPN and the committee gonna get what they wanted 

Dang, knew she hadn’t played much recently but I thought she was better after playing the full match against Kentucky

Edited by texfan11

15 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Yeah, late in the 5th they showed all those Illinois fans - looked like they were in a back hallway or something.  Wonder why they couldn't enter for our match?  Was it separate tickets to each match? 

They should have showed up to watch good volleyball 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Maybe the best match I’ve ever seen from Petersen in her entire career. We had no shot of winning this without her tonight. 

Sets 3-5 showed how insanely good Texas can be when they’re in system. I don’t think you can beat this Texas team with serve receive at that level. 

It was a combo of that and defense. They said after or near the end of set 4 that the Texas side out % for the swt was 80 and UW’s was 20.  That’s offense and defense both going full throttle. 

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It was a combo of that and defense. They said after or near the end of set 4 that the Texas side out % for the swt was 80 and UW’s was 20.  That’s offense and defense both going full throttle. 

I think the most fundamental problem is we weren't getting good hits.  No termination and relatively easily handled by UW, which in turn led to some pretty strong hits from them, which threw first contact into disarray, rinse/repeat.

Our usual problem is that first contact and passing fall apart and everything follows.  Today, it was the offense.

Edited by TwiceHorn