Summer Transfer Window 2021 –

406W30th

Other tidbits

per marca - BREAKING: Juventus want to sign Eden Hazard on loan to replace Cristiano Ronaldo

Pep on Kane: "Tottenham did not want to negotiate. They didn’t want to talk, so we didn’t talk. We tried to open the door but the big master of negotiations, Daniel Levy, who knows everything, wouldn’t. Maybe I would do the same if I had Harry Kane."

[Mario cortegana]: Dortmund REFUSED to negotiate for Haaland this summer, after being contacted by Chelsea and Real Madrid. They didn't put a pricetag on the player, didn't listen to offers, and simply said he's not for sale.

Texting with a friend in England who is flying to Paris out of Manchester right now. (5:21pm on Saturday in England.)

He texted me to ask who Bernardo Silva was. (My friend prefers Fishing & Rugby to soccer.)

I told him who he was.

My friend said that:

1) People were coming up to him and getting their picture taken with him.

2) “I just asked if he's going on holiday. He's going to Paris for work.”

Bernardo to PSG could be happening.

(Or he’s signing a contract in Paris with another club or brand.)

Shockingly, my friend said: “Fit girlfriend”.

So there’s my one and only “Scooping the rumour mongers scoop.”

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Texting with a friend in England who is flying to Paris out of Manchester right now. (5:21pm on Saturday in England.)

He texted me to ask who Bernardo Silva was. (My friend prefers Fishing & Rugby to soccer.)

I told him who he was.

My friend said that:

1) People were coming up to him and getting their picture taken with him.

2) “I just asked if he's going on holiday. He's going to Paris for work.”

Bernardo to PSG could be happening.

(Or he’s signing a contract in Paris with another club or brand.)

Shockingly, my friend said: “Fit girlfriend”.

So there’s my one and only “Scooping the rumour mongers scoop.”

I keep hitting reload, but your pictures aren’t loading. 

1 hour ago, 406W30th said:

Spurs sign right back Emerson Royal for £26M

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/30/tottenham-reach-agreement-with-barcelona-to-sign-emerson-royal-for-30m

I figured Doherty would get a shot under Nuno so this strikes me as a strange move.

doherty is pretty shit. Barca are having to sell players they don’t really want to sell at market or below market rates to try and balance the books. Shrewd signing by Spurs. 

doherty is pretty shit. Barca are having to sell players they don’t really want to sell at market or below market rates to try and balance the books. Shrewd signing by Spurs. 

Barca hadn’t really done much at all to get under the cap the last couple of years, it was part of the team presidential election. Messi and the budget shenanigans. They are making their senior players take less money and selling off players they don’t want to and of course having to let Messi walk.

Emerson leaving was not what Barca wanted, but it does give Dest a chance to play more.

Madrid, thanks in large part to Zizou, had been balancing the budget a little bit more since Zizou liked to work from the youth system or at least what was already on the books that wasn’t name Garett Bale. We all just figured he was saving $ for Mbappe.
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Welp it sounds like Madrid is gonna hold firm on their last offer and either that goes or they wait 10 months to sign Mbappe on a free transfer.

I’m cool with that. Frees up money for another CB next summer

You’re not dealing with a rational actor in PSG, so don’t get your hopes up.

If they keep him another week than can promise him 1800 oil wells and 72 virgins if he signs their ridiculous contract offer. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Barca hadn’t really done much at all to get under the cap the last couple of years, it was part of the team presidential election. Messi and the budget shenanigans. They are making their senior players take less money and selling off players they don’t want to and of course having to let Messi walk.

Emerson leaving was not what Barca wanted, but it does give Dest a chance to play more.

Madrid, thanks in large part to Zizou, had been balancing the budget a little bit more since Zizou liked to work from the youth system or at least what was already on the books that wasn’t name Garett Bale. We all just figured he was saving $ for Mbappe.

Barça is like “the FC Dallas of Europe”.

Famous for their academy, but no trophies last year and they have to sell all of their young & upcoming players. 

• Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

aurier also likely on his way out, which probably factors in more here than doherty being shit. tanganga has been first choice over both so far this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Four goals, five assists from right back on a team that finished 7th and conceded 40 goals in 2019-20. Season before that he had four goals and seven assists.