Summer Transfer Window 2021 –

406W30th

5 hours ago, MoJames said:

image.thumb.png.ef83b4b034e3c157850df49cbfc552ee.png

No clue if that would be their starting 11, but PSG gets old quickly with Mbappe leaving.

Angel Di Maria 33

Ander Herrera 32

Idrissa Gueye 31

Danilo Pereira 29

Icardi 28 and hurt

Rafinha 28

Paredes and Draxler are 27

That JR fellow looks a lot like Brazilian soccer sensation Neymar.

13 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Sounds like PSG is going to accept Madrid’s new offer of €180 for Mbappe.

Otherwise they’ll get nothing and Mbappe will join Madrid for free next summer. I know PSG keep saying he promised he wouldn’t leave for free but he wants out and he wants Madrid this summer.

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'm surprised that Mbappe is such a selfish moron.

1) Why in the fuck would he want to handicap the team he's going to?

2) Why would he want less money than he could get if he went on a free in a contract agreed upon in 6 months?

3) Why wouldn't he want to try to win the Champions League with the addition of Messi this year?

Later in life, Mbappe will realize that he was acting like a petulant child, or that his agent was trying to get the biggest cut possible, but this is stupid on his part. It will insure that Real Madrid are a European afterthought for another few years.

26 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm surprised that Mbappe is such a selfish moron.

1) Why in the fuck would he want to handicap the team he's going to?

2) Why would he want less money than he could get if he went on a free in a contract agreed upon in 6 months?

3) Why wouldn't he want to try to win the Champions League with the addition of Messi this year?

Later in life, Mbappe will realize that he was acting like a petulant child, or that his agent was trying to get the biggest cut possible, but this is stupid on his part. It will insure that Real Madrid are a European afterthought for another few years.

He's been surrounded by yes men since he was like 13, his agent wants his slice of the fee, and Neymar is his role model. Of course he's being a selfish prick.

Just now, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Mbappe is sponsored by Nike.

But he said "Nike needs a superstar in Madrid". While Mbappe being the star of the show at a big team is a good thing generally, I'm not sure they'd have a specific yen for an Adidias team. If anything they probably wish Barca hadn't shot their own dick off financially.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

But he said "Nike needs a superstar in Madrid". While Mbappe being the star of the show at a big team is a good thing generally, I'm not sure they'd have a specific yen for an Adidias team. If anything they probably wish Barca hadn't shot their own dick off financially.

Nike does need him there.  Specifically on one of the worlds most recognized, followed, and branded clubs.  Regardless of who manufactures their kits.

La Liga needs him the most considering there is no star attraction there now that Messi has left.  Nobody is tuning into Spanish matches to watch “insert any La Liga player” here and they just got a fat new tv contract.

Imagine being Nike and not having a global star playing in globally televised league.

• Like 3

"[Matt Law] Paris Saint-Germain are attempting to make an incredible last-minute swoop to replace Kylian Mbappe with Erling Haaland in what could complete one of the most remarkable ends to a transfer window in history."

I'd link it but it's paywalled. 

What the fuck. 

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

"[Matt Law] Paris Saint-Germain are attempting to make an incredible last-minute swoop to replace Kylian Mbappe with Erling Haaland in what could complete one of the most remarkable ends to a transfer window in history."

What the fuck. 

Oh fuck.  Makes a lot of sense.  Haaland up the middle with Neymar & Messi playing wide of him?  Fuck that’s scarier than trying to force fit Mbappe into that spot.

If they pull it off, PSG might have had the best summer window in football history.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom
  • Hook 'Em 1

Dortmund can charge whatever they like in that scenario and they should. If PSG wants to splash the cash, make them pay a record amount. Haaland will be sold in January for a summer debut regardless and it will be a lot less than what they could get for him right now.

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What the fuck. 

What Is Happening GIF

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Dortmund can charge whatever they like in that scenario and they should. If PSG wants to splash the cash, make them pay a record amount. Haaland will be sold in January for a summer debut regardless and it will be a lot less than what they could get for him right now.

Pay them 150mm-160mm and Dortmund has to take it.  Haaland + 20mm for Mbappe who no longer has a natural fit in the attack?  I’d take that all fucking day and twice on Sundays. 

3 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Pay them 150mm-160mm and Dortmund has to take it.  Haaland + 20mm for Mbappe who no longer has a natural fit in the attack?  I’d take that all fucking day and twice on Sundays. 

Same! I just want to see Haaland in the EPL, not Ligue 1. 

3 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Seems pretty clear to me that with City pulling out of the Ronaldo race, they're gonna buy Haaland next summer.

Doubt Haaland moves this summer.

Maybe but PSG thought they'd have Mbappe another year. They knew he was gone but not until next summer. Him moving to RM changes the calculus completely. If you can replace Mbappe with future Mbappe this summer, you do it. 

Nike does need him there.  Specifically on one of the worlds most recognized, followed, and branded clubs.  Regardless of who manufactures their kits.
La Liga needs him the most considering there is no star attraction there now that Messi has left.  Nobody is tuning into Spanish matches to watch “insert any La Liga player” here and they just got a fat new tv contract.
Imagine being Nike and not having a global star playing in globally televised league.

Pretty much exactly this.

Of course Nike loved having Barca but think about how much money Messi(Adidas) made them and is making them at PSG.

Same for Nike having CR7 at Adidas sponsored Madrid. He almost immediately was re-upped with Nike when he signed at Madrid.

Without a superstar in the room they can’t expand their footprint in the locker room.

Csb- my BiL is with Nike and he’s been high up in the sponsor world for a while, running the whole shebang in South Africa for a while. He consistently talked about needing locker room presence with superstars more with teams not sponsored by Nike. Hell he talked about the World Cup being more stressful based on which brand boot was gonna win the golden boot, and could Nike win the World Cup etc…
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Maybe but PSG thought they'd have Mbappe another year. They knew he was gone but not until next summer. Him moving to RM changes the calculus completely. If you can replace Mbappe with future Mbappe this summer, you do it. 

Oh, I'm not saying PSG wouldn't love to do that deal – I'm saying Dortmund are not going to sell Haaland. Or at least I doubt it.