Summer Transfer Window 2021 –

406W30th

24 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Nvm

Atalanta will pay €10M for Davide Zappacosta to sign him from Chelsea on a permanent deal. He will sign a four-year deal with the Italian side. [DiMarzio]

10mm for Zappacosta is good business. Marina's having a nice summer - even if we get Kounde, our total outlay this season will be very reasonable.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

10mm for Zappacosta is good business. Marina's having a nice summer - even if we get Kounde, our total outlay this season will be very reasonable.

Still working on Saul too apparently, but even if we get both and Lukaku, we have done an excellent job. Was nice seeing Tammy play so well. 

Acquired from Everton. 17 years old and talk of getting playing time. Apparently the "next big thing" and Everton fans are pissed he left. Who knows.

Southampton is quietly having a pretty good transfer window. Livramento from Chelsea was an absolutely steal. 

Still have a £21.48m transfer surplus, but I don't think they are going to spend it all.

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Another six-figure deal for a Chelsea Academy product. They fly under the radar, but help keep CFC's net spend pretty reasonable.

FC Dallas gets 7 figures for their academy products and that soon could jump to 8 figures.

Dallas es mejor.

That 150 number is big. I wonder if that is a real 150 or some combo of cash and players "valued" at a total of 150?

I will say I am not 100% sold this is done. City could still come in with a ridiculous number, like 200 all cash.

City Management: Hey Pep, 150 wasn't enough, we good?

guardiola-two.gif

• Haha 1

It could be a Coutinho deal where maybe it happens in the January window depending on where City are sitting at the time. IIRC, Coutinho said what Kane was saying at the time. Then Barca made another approach combined with Coutinho being a little bitch about wanting to leave again. I think Pep sees the writing on the wall with Chelsea. They're building a beast. I bet City makes one more approach. Or they'll just wait and enter the Haaland sweepstakes in January.

Edited by mdmost

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Vestergaard's replacement

4 years | £6m. Not a nailed on replacement. I would be surprised if he was a every game starter this season.

South American, neck tattoos, refers to himself as gorilla. He might just be the psycho we need.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Wouldn't you earn 30M in jersey sales in a month if you signed him?

Puma might. Clubs don't usually get a huge cut. Plus City just don't have a huge international fanbase (although their 1st and 2nd kits this year are lovely)

https://www.goal.com/en/news/how-much-money-do-football-clubs-make-from-shirt-sales/gv14e9wc0vny1vtyr0rxqqan5

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Puma might. Clubs don't usually get a huge cut. Plus City just don't have a huge international fanbase (although their 1st and 2nd kits this year are lovely)

https://www.goal.com/en/news/how-much-money-do-football-clubs-make-from-shirt-sales/gv14e9wc0vny1vtyr0rxqqan5

It's not like City are interested in making money on their team or even breaking even.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, they're very anti-sporting over there. They only care about winning more.

Just like you guys, I wish more sports teams only cared about profit.

Chelsea is likely going to break even this transfer window.  Our transfers last year were paid for by the Hazard deal.  While Roman may not be looking to get rich off the team, they actually try to operate as financially stable instead of skirting FFP rules like City.   

9 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Chelsea is likely going to break even this transfer window.  Our transfers last year were paid for by the Hazard deal.  While Roman may not be looking to get rich off the team, they actually try to operate as financially stable instead of skirting FFP rules like City.   

So? How does that help you as a fan? Sports fans rightfully and absolutely loathe ownership groups that only care about their bottom line. 

Now to be sure City is a bit different because it's state run, but we give tax breaks to the USOC, for example, among others.

I've been over this plenty before, FFP rules are stupid. But they're rules so City should have been punished. It's just still absurd to me to see supposed sports fans worry about whether their team's owners make money.

harrison-ford-who-gives-a-shit.gif

12 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Youth program is great too. They sell a bunch of young players that no one hears about to fund guys like Werner (who you need to loan to Liverpool since he's never gonna play for you)

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So? How does that help you as a fan? Sports fans rightfully and absolutely loathe ownership groups that only care about their bottom line. 

Now to be sure City is a bit different because it's state run, but we give tax breaks to the USOC, for example, among others.

I've been over this plenty before, FFP rules are stupid. But they're rules so City should have been punished. It's just still absurd to me to see supposed sports fans worry about whether their team's owners make money.

harrison-ford-who-gives-a-shit.gif

Apparently you do.  Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.  

• Haha 1

Sounds like PSG is going to accept Madrid’s new offer of €180 for Mbappe.

Otherwise they’ll get nothing and Mbappe will join Madrid for free next summer. I know PSG keep saying he promised he wouldn’t leave for free but he wants out and he wants Madrid this summer.

I’d imagine that’ll mean Bale and Hazard will be splitting time for the last winger spot opposite Benz and Mbappe.

Still need defenders though… big time

On 8/25/2021 at 8:13 AM, Captain Ron said:

That 150 number is big. I wonder if that is a real 150 or some combo of cash and players "valued" at a total of 150?

I will say I am not 100% sold this is done. City could still come in with a ridiculous number, like 200 all cash.

City Management: Hey Pep, 150 wasn't enough, we good?

guardiola-two.gif

I'm not buying that they offered 150 cash. You might be right. Kane is good but... c'mon.

Apparently RM is up to 170 + 10 in bonuses for Mbappe. 

Also saw that ManU might try and enter the CR7 sweeps.