Summer Transfer Window 2021 –

406W30th

hell, if Arsene had that kind of money then Cristiano never even joins Man U. i'm not sure that most people realize that CR7 to Arsenal was a *done deal* until Fergie was able to swoop in and offer a much bigger fee, bigger bonuses, and 3x wages as Arsenal. and don't even get me started on losing RvP to Man U, or the Luis Suarez saga, or the summer window where our only signing was an aging Petr Cech, or...

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

One. 2008-2009 should have a big asterisk by it.

Agreed.

As should Spain's World Cup 2010 win when Iniesta dove twice in extra time and the ref handed a guy a Dutch guy a yellow and then a second yellow so Spain was playing a man up when Iniesta should have been carded at least once for simulation... if not twice.

Remind me sometime to tell you about Diego Maradona's "Hand of God" goal vs England in the 1986 World Cup quarterfinal...

You're not going to believe it!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

right now there's a battle going on between Arsenal ITK's- one says it's Odegaard, the other says it's Maddison. if I know Arsenal, it's going to be Ramsdale instead of either one. we'll probably then overpay for Auoar in January when we're 13th in the table.

Fabrizio Romano has claimed victory and AFC Bell has admitted defeat. Odegaard to Arsenal is soon to be a done deal. or so they say. i'll believe it when Odegaard shows up to training and then injures himself. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Odegaard was clearly the missing piece from last year! Only success from here on.... wait, he was there last year too? Ouch.

well, we did have the second most points in the league post-christmas last year. but yeah, we better hope that run of form was for real, because we're basically running it back.

16 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He's on relatively big wages £200k/week and Spurs aren't likely to sell him cheaply. The Athletic doesn't think he has a lot of options.

Strange situation, at least from an outsider's perspective. Really thought he was gonna come on and be a great player for y'all. I originally chalked it up as just a guy who couldn't stay fit but seems like it's more than that, given that he's now had three managers (well, two + Ryan Mason) at Tottenham that he can't get a game for.

39 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Strange situation, at least from an outsider's perspective. Really thought he was gonna come on and be a great player for y'all. I originally chalked it up as just a guy who couldn't stay fit but seems like it's more than that, given that he's now had three managers (well, two + Ryan Mason) at Tottenham that he can't get a game for.

He struggled for a while with the fitness requirements to play every week in the EPL. That lead to a lot of small injuries. He's closest to Aurier and Sissoko who are also possibly leaving.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:12 PM, shadow_operative said:

the money that Pep has had at his disposal is beyond stupid. you have to think that pretty much every manager on this list would have a similar record to Pep with that kind of cash. 

Well the one guy ahead of him has won fewer domestic leagues, fewer top domestic cups, and the same number of champions leagues.  So maybe not every manager.