Chelsea 2021-2022: TUCheL our balls, hoes

ztejas

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

It sounds like there's probably more to the story.  Apparently the coach is a complete ass and has been in as similar situation in the past where he tried to force an injured player to play and had a falling out when the injured player refused.  

1 minute ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

It sounds like there's probably more to the story.  Apparently the coach is a complete ass and has been in as similar situation in the past where he tried to force an injured player to play and had a falling out when the injured player refused.  

Kind of figured that since I've never heard of him causing any issues for club. Oh well. Not disappointed he's missing some games for selfish reasons as long as he stays match fit. 

Jorginho for Saul was a much needed substitution at the half. He’s provided stability and confidence in the midfield and Villa have looked much less threatening.

The second goal certainly helped as well, but it’s hard not to notice the difference in how much control we’ve had of the match since the half.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Didn't watch. Notes? Gathering that we didn't play that well but ended up on the right side?

Felt it in my plums Lukaku would have a goal when I looked up the score - nice of Kova to poach one too.

First half was not pretty.  Saul seemed to be taking some time to acclimate to the team/tactics/league/something.  The result was that we didn't seem to have any control of the middle of the pitch.  Saul came off for the second half, and the game turned beautiful.  Lukaku's two goals were fantastic in different ways - the first to make the defender sail by with a fake shot turn, the second with a stunning, unstoppable shot to the top left.  Kovacic stole an ugly back pass and slotted it in for his in between.  Mendy was fantastic, and was bailed out by the defenders when he was once out of position...

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Didn't watch. Notes? Gathering that we didn't play that well but ended up on the right side?

Felt it in my plums Lukaku would have a goal when I looked up the score - nice of Kova to poach one too.

My notes are Lukaku is a fucking animal

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/12/2021 at 4:09 PM, MoJames said:

Just a blast to watch. These guys are really enjoying themselves. Agree Saul was out of sync. Check out the celebration after Kova's and the build up to the third goal.

https://v.redd.it/pr3rhsfd22n71

https://v.redd.it/jpvkzd8l54n71

Just seeing these. I think we're pretty comfortably the best passing team in the world right now. City is great but I don't think they methodically create as much space out of the back as we do. They might be a bit more clinical up front.

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Chillwell getting no run this year seems odd after last season. Injury or just passed up?

Tuchel said it took him awhile to get fit physically and mentally after not playing for England at all over the summer. So maybe he had some confidence issues. Apparently he is good to go now though - assuming we see him soon with the schedule getting more full.

Up way too late last night - slept through half the game today. Seems like they were pretty thoroughly outclassed. Also seemed like there were as many Chelsea fans there as Spurs fans. 

2 hours ago, MoJames said:

After the last two games I think Mount might be relegated to the bench a bit.

He wasn't good against Zenit. We need Pulisic back to have proper depth at the AM again. Entirely possible Mount has just played too much football this year.