Tubi

If you have any interest in cooking shows check out Bitchin' Kitchen. Sassy Canadian chick.

I watched a couple of hundred episodes of Dark Shadows which I remembered seeing as a kid. It was a supernatural themed daily soap opera and it is horribad. Very campy, famous Hollywood actress Joan Bennett, couple of kids and everybody stumbling over their lines.

Speaking of campy, there are dozens of 50's sci-fi - Planet of This or That, Invasion of Something or Other...

6 hours ago, DoobieWah said:

I watched a couple of hundred episodes of Dark Shadows which I remembered seeing as a kid. It was a supernatural themed daily soap opera and it is horribad.

Barnabas Collins

I was watching one of the digital junk broadcast channels and saw parts of a movie so bad I could barely believe what I was watching. I looked up the title and found out it was Gen-X Cops 2, sometimes titled Gen Y Cops, starring an obscenely beautiful Maggie Q along with several Hong Kong movie actors and a very out of place Paul Rudd. The English version on Tubi has scenes where they only do one or two takes and the actors don't speak English so the delivery is super awkward. The English dialogue has a couple ridiculous lines thrown in to see if anyone is paying attention. The plot could be summarized as a killer robot is on the loose in Hong Kong and Asia's funkiest cops are the only ones who can stop it. The setting and fashion and music seems to capture Hong Kong in the year 1999 pretty well. In all seriousness the various streaming channels have tons of old HK movies to choose from.

I watched some Tubi here and there recenlty. They have some good music documentary type stuff.

There's one about the Saxon Pub and Austin trying to keep the music scene alive that's pretty good. Look it up. And also one about the Hollies that's very good. They have several other ones that I had seen before on AXS TV and other places, some really great ones.

Edited by DougO

• 1 year later...
I watched a couple of hundred episodes of Dark Shadows which I remembered seeing as a kid. It was a supernatural themed daily soap opera and it is horribad. Very campy, famous Hollywood actress Joan Bennett, couple of kids and everybody stumbling over their own lines.

f2e68a81f6836944f41e21345f3ffdba.jpg
Dark Shadows was the shit when I was a little kid. I had a glow in the dark Barnabus Collins poster in my room that scared me to death!

45 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Im a big fan of PlutoTv

24 hour channels Of

-MST3K

-RiffTrax

-The Andy Griffith Show

-The Beverly Hillbillies

-The Addams Family

-Star Trek

-1990s History Channel

-Painting with Bob Ross

Great stuff to just leave the TV on to when cleaning, cooking, or whatever.

Seriously?  I subscribed to discovery+ but have been disappointed that instead of the old doc series it’s all the newer reality tv crap.   

will check this out.   

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What are you putting in the search box when looking for History Channel docs? 

PlutoTv Military

It's 90% stuff made for the History Channel

PlutoTv History 

A lot of 2000s History Channel stuff like Conspiracy and all that with some older stuff that's actually decent.

Edited by SimonBolivar

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Im a big fan of PlutoTv

24 hour channels Of

-MST3K

-RiffTrax

-The Andy Griffith Show

-The Beverly Hillbillies

-The Addams Family

-Star Trek

-1990s History Channel

-Painting with Bob Ross

Great stuff to just leave the TV on to when cleaning, cooking, or whatever.

Including Star Trek TNG?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Knives Out is on there. I don't understand why this film was so acclaimed. It's not a mystery or a thriller. The twist is dumb and telegraphed from the very beginning of the movie. It's devoid of memorable performances. Daniel Craig just can't get there. 

Ana de Armas doesn't do anything interesting the entire movie expect for the doe eyes thing. 

It's a better movie with a lot more Christopher Plummer being a grumpy, yet charming asshole.