Tokyo Olympics 2021

shadow_operative

Good list but I will say one thing.

Man, fuck Zion, why does everyone love Zion so much? He doesn't know how to play yet. He can't play D or rebound. He will get there. 

Re: Steph, I just think his skillset is too similar to Dame's. He would be a better fit than Dame, and he's Dame +, but still very similar players and as long as Dame is on the squad, I wanted something different. 

I passed on the Beard for similar reasons. We've already got KD, don't need 2 guys like that on the same team. How are they going to share the floor? Who is going to be the go to guy down the stretch? I just don't see it working out. 

36 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Man, fuck Zion, why does everyone love Zion so much? He doesn't know how to play yet. He can't play D or rebound. He will get there. 

He can definitely rebound. The Pelicans played him in a bunch of dumbass lineups last year as a 3 next to Steven Adams which deflated his rebounding numbers. He's also a top... 10? 12? scorer in the league. 

18 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Zion scored 27 a game on over 60% - SIXTY PERCENT - shooting playing for a shit team.   He’s already a dominant offensive force at the NBA level, and he would athletically overwhelm a bunch of international players much worse than he does to NBA players.  

It would be like the Duke version of Zion flying all over the court against dudes who can’t keep up.  In a fast paced pressure defense game - which is how Team USA should play given the athletic advantage - he would even be an asset on defense.  Westbrook is not a good NBA defender, either, but he was one of the most disruptive defenders for us when he played on Team USA just based on pure athleticism.  Same theory.  

We don’t need to play the same way international teams do and try to out execute them in a halfcourt game.  We need to boat race people and push the pace.  It’s like saying Kentucky needs more high basketball IQ guys to match up with Princeton.   No, they need to turn Princeton over and turn it into a track meet as they dunk on Ivy League heads over and over. 

And that's fair. 

4 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

C'mon bud, a little bit of mountain dew and you'll be ready to rock. 

I'm rested. I caffinated earlier. Now it's booze and nicotine o' clock plus other stuff that's gonna keep this show on the road. 

KD with 28/7/5

USA 102 - 83 Spain

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Actually where the fuck am I supposed to watch this though 

Peacock.  I’m out.  After spending most of yesterday in the ER I just don’t have it in me to search for a stream and stay up until 2:00 a.m.  I have ATT Uverse with the sports package, I should be able to watch the US men’s basketball team play in the Olympics be turning my television on.  Fuck NBC.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Peacock.  I’m out.  After spending most of yesterday in the ER I just don’t have it in me to search for a stream and stay up until 2:00 a.m.  I have ATT Uverse with the sports package, I should be able to watch the US men’s basketball team play in the Olympics be turning my television on.  Fuck NBC.

Dude just go to that link and log in with ATT if you have a laptop/tablet/phone. Or not.

Sorry you were in the ER, though. I'll cheer for you. 

2 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Picture on the peacock app is like 1983 quality right now. 

Try the nbcolympics.com with the peacock login. 

i.e. my stream looks great. 

And fuck these pussies we're taking gold. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Who else in this bitch? @shadow_operative?

yup, i'm here. it is ridiculous that A)this game is on the Peacock app, and B)you can't even pause or rewind this shit. same thing with all the soccer i watch on this dumbass app. F NBC.

that said, pretty good game so far. Rubio is on fire.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Tatum 2 awful shots, lost ball, lost man on defense for an open bucket. What a fucking donkey. 

Also KD trying too hard and being a little impatient - needs to set the pace a bit better. 

Tatum's body language is also shitty to boot.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UDontKnow said:

Tatum's body language is also shitty to boot.

We'd literally cruise to gold without him on the team. Absolute cancer and org failure to include him. Overhyped, selfish me first fuck that thinks he's hot shit because the Boston media sucks him off.

Just now, shadow_operative said:

Spain looks like a well oiled machine. we look like a bunch of dudes who are totally content to just stand around chucking up threes. Shaka should have been our coach, that's his specialty.

We have a bunch of no defense chuckers that have never won shit and Pop thinks it's cool to put them all on the court at the same time. 

• Rage+1 1

i'm a big fan of a whole bunch of the Spanish players. ive always loved the way these guys play, from El Chacho (Sergio Rodriguez), to Rubio, the Gasol brothers, to Llull, to even Garuba, who i think is going to be a good NBA player. the Spaniards play their basketball the same way they play their football: beautifully.