It's not tipping I believe in. It's overtipping.

RPM

29 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

The interaction between Steve Martin and Rick Moranis was unbelievable.  

You talking about "Parenthood"?  

good point though about Martin.  We know he has tremendous range (from slapstick, to physical, to straight man, to dramedy, to Mamet Heavy).  But he doesn't get enough credit for how well he played with other comedic heavyweights.  He comes mainly from standup into titular roles as the solo comedy carrying the full weight of the picture.  But he quickly adapts and plays brilliant with small ensembles (Three Amigos!) and moves seamlessly in duo comedies with serious players like John Candy, Rick Moranis, Michael Caine, Marty Short, Eddie Murphy, et. al.  I'd have to say his most "Steve-Martinish" role though even after the brilliance of his early career , for me anyway, is "L.A. Story."  With "My Blue Heaven" being a close second.  He was funnier in other movies, he showed better acting chops in other movies, but his two "steve martin" roles to me will be these two films I mentioned.  But I will always laugh at him, with him, and for him.  There was something about him that my dad and I always connected over despite our rough relationship.  Steve Martin was like the movie version of baseball for us, just something about the guy...

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

good point though about Martin.  We know he has tremendous range (from slapstick, to physical, to straight man, to dramedy, to Mamet Heavy).  But he doesn't get enough credit for how well he played with other comedic heavyweights.  He comes mainly from standup into titular roles as the solo comedy carrying the full weight of the picture.  But he quickly adapts and plays brilliant with small ensembles (Three Amigos!) and moves seamlessly in duo comedies with serious players like John Candy, Rick Moranis, Michael Caine, Marty Short, Eddie Murphy, et. al.  I'd have to say his most "Steve-Martinish" role though even after the brilliance of his early career , for me anyway, is "L.A. Story."  With "My Blue Heaven" being a close second.  He was funnier in other movies, he showed better acting chops in other movies, but his two "steve martin" roles to me will be these two films I mentioned.  But I will always laugh at him, with him, and for him.  There was something about him that my dad and I always connected over despite our rough relationship.  Steve Martin was like the movie version of baseball for us, just something about the guy...

My Blue Heaven actually.  

18 hours ago, Lobo said:

So, you and your dad didn't ever have a catch?

27 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

So, you and your dad didn't ever have a catch?

Last one was probably when I was in school in Florida.  He died ten years later.  Before I ever got to tell him…ya know.