Anonymous hack of Epik database

Longhorn_Fan68

Finally, one of these hacker groups steps up and does something impactful.  I know the cult members will think it's been falsified, but I'd like to scour the database to see which fuck-nuggets I've been suspecting of being traitorous assholes are actually just that.  I'd love to have a "Do not do Business with these Cultists" list circulating around the finance world. 

I have over 30 different domains (they are pretty tame, nothing as sexy as Holocaust denial), and there's no way in hell I'd use some small outfit as a registrar.  That's just begging to have your personal shit blasted all over the web, which in turn leads to a shit-ton of physical spam mail, and increases the attempts by hackers/phishers to fuck with your domains and social media accounts.

Shit, where I have to have an address publicly listed on a few sites, I've got a PO Box and the name of my little design/host outfit, and I still get a fuck-ton of physical spam mail every month.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I have over 30 different domains (they are pretty tame, nothing as sexy as Holocaust denial), and there's no way in hell I'd use some small outfit as a registrar.  That's just begging to have your personal shit blasted all over the web, which in turn leads to a shit-ton of physical spam mail, and increases the attempts by hackers/phishers to fuck with your domains and social media accounts.

Shit, where I have to have an address publicly listed on a few sites, I've got a PO Box and the name of my little design/host outfit, and I still get a fuck-ton of physical spam mail every month.

your takeaway from that is you're worried about how much spam they're about to receive?

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

your takeaway from that is you're worried about how much spam they're about to receive?

Oh yeah, I'm just saying my stakes are much lower, and I am still careful as hell.  Nobody is going to fire me or get ragey at me for any domains I own or that are in my name. 

These chucklekfucks had much higher stakes, and so of course they put their faith in such an outfit.

I'm honestly surprised they aren't doing something like GoDaddy, given its owner/CEO is right up their alley in some ways, but GD has decided it has an image to protect.

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I don't think these domains/sites really had much alternative other than to use Epik after all the big ones basically wouldn't do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

We are lucky that these people are not very smart.

Registering theholocaustisfake is dumbassery + grifting taken to the highest level, and is begging to blow up in your face.

If these people were intelligent, they would setup some kind of site dedicated to studying Germany's role in WWII, and maybe have a semi-private forum where people discuss the research that they've done, with said research asking questions "that historians refuse to ask".

I was doing some research for a friend's family that had some German relatives serving in the Germany military during WWII, and there are a shit-ton of websites that all but fetishize Nazi Germany, with plenty of denial-type stuff posted by members in various areas, but they do it in such a manner that they can claim they are "just asking questions" and they fly under the radar, because a lot of legitimate content is mixed in.  A lot of legitimate content - rosters of units, lots of information on various individuals, etc., that are of interest to actual legitimate researchers into the Germany military and simply a bunch of Holocaust deniers.  They don't do the "THE HOLOCAUST IS FAKE" bit out loud, but they poke a shit-ton of (fake) holes in reports about the holocaust.  They love to gin up timelines that "don't match the official Allied records" etc.

They also dance around the fact that the German government has never denied the Holocaust and still pays out reparations to this day.

There's a way to do this shit and fly under the radar, and make a profit with legitimate advertising and affiliations.

That idiot that registered the theholocaustisfake site...that's just fucking stupid.  He wanted to skip the legwork and jump straight to the profit, and he fucked it up because he's lazy, and he automatically cut out about 95% of his potential revenue.

40 minutes ago, Goredho said:

At this rate, Trumpkins are going to need a whole new alt-right intardnet.

The funny thing is, they're all dumbasses and don't know how to implement basic security best practices. Can't believe the epik goobers only had unsalted MD5 hashed passwords. May as well be plaintext 

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, till there are repercussions or something happens as a result, more and more facts piled on to the hill of abuses means little.  We know they're corrupt, now what?  The play on the capitol with no desired investigation by the Republicans conveyed that but now what?