Tech vs WVU: The John Denver Bowl

DeadArmadillo

Erik Ezukanma, probably the Big 12’s best receiver, is in concussion protocol and did not even make the trip to Morgantown. Line moved a few points in the Mountaineer’s favor when word got out

I think Tech shoulda hired Neal Brown instead of Wells. We’re about to see why today, I’m afraid

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

might semi-balance out the Pig roast in Athens. 

Georgia is the best team in the country right now. Pig was never winning that. They aren't designed to beat that team. 

Pollsters are dumb so they might hold it against us but they shouldn't. 

• Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Georgia is the best team in the country right now. Pig was never winning that. They aren't designed to beat that team. 

Not sure Longhorns are a Top 25 team yet.  TEXAS just needs to keep winning games and find a way to play in the B12 Championship

• Haha 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Agree that UGA is really good but Pig didn't even show a pulse.  Our loss to them is going to look really bad when they're 6-6.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure Longhorns are a Top 25 team yet.  TEXAS just needs to keep winning games and find a way to play in the B12 Championship

They were 26th...Baylor or OSU is losing.  I'd like to think the Pirate could surprise aggy.  We likely move up a bit.

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Agree that UGA is really good but Pig didn't even show a pulse.  Our loss to them is going to look really bad when they're 6-6.

I doubt they go 6-6 but it doesn't matter, really. A 12-1 Texas team gets in the playoff regardless of the loss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

They were 26th...Baylor or OSU is losing.  I'd like to think the Pirate could surprise aggy.  We likely move up a bit.

Not saying HORNS won't end up somewhere between #23 to #25, but TEXAS current body of work imo is still not Top 25 team... 

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

TEXAS current body of work imo is still not Top 25 team... 

Really?

Tech seeking to be 4-0 outside of the Texas game

For TCU, 3-1

Louisiana is 3-0, favored to be 4-0 after tonight.

I mean, we've got deficiencies and issues all over the field, but if you're talking "body of work" to this point, there's no way you'll find 25 teams with a better resume.

Why are Texas fans discussing their polling status in a Tech thread?

WGAF.  It will take another loss besides Pig to complicate your opportunities.  Geeze-o-Pete the hand wringing over fucking nothing.

On other fronts, word is that Hocutt is in discussion with the Wells camp for an extension.  CMW is no longer on hot seat...

Just now, slorch said:

WGAF.  It will take another loss besides Pig to complicate your opportunities.  Geeze-o-Pete the hand wringing over fucking nothing.

On other fronts, word is that Hocutt is in discussion with the Wells camp for an extension.  CMW is no longer on hot seat...

It's our board dickface.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

You’re not my dad.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's our board dickface.

you own as much as I do.

WGAF about polling in Week 5?   Seriously?

You'll know a lot more about your team, this time next week.   It has jack shit to do with Texas Tech or polls.

Edited by slorch

Just now, slorch said:

you own as much as I do.

WGAF about polling in Week 5?   Seriously?

So anyway I agree Texas probably comes in 22-25, maybe higher if a few other losses happen.  And yea nobody else has a body of work outside the top 15 or so that is demonstrably better than ours.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

So anyway I agree Texas probably comes in 22-25, maybe higher if a few other losses happen.  And yea nobody else has a body of work outside the top 15 or so that is demonstrably better than ours.

I think we should actually breakdown every other top 25 team's body of work. Maybe dedicate a page to each on this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

WGAF.

See we can do it too.

WGAF that you DGAF?  and you countered your overreaction by UT fans by taking my 100% sarcastic remark about Tech overreactions and rolling with it.

Are we on Texags all the sudden?   Furk!!!

Edited by slorch

and a 3and out to get the WVU offense right back on the field.

This possession will be less than 2:00 long for the Mountaineers.[ edit: took 2 minutes to get to the Red Zone...]

This is the Tech team we know and loathe.  Outstanding halftime adjustments...

Edited by slorch