Halo: The Series (Live Action, Paramount, 2022)

atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Picks up where it left off. Going very hard. 

Picked up where I was fucking lost.

I think I'm mostly caught up, remembering parts of the last season during this episode (never played the game, so this is my only exposure), but I don't remember how Halsey ended up where she is or, for that matter, what happened to the kid.

Also, I can't remember if the extraction of their pallets is widely known. I was hoping for a Season 1 recap and/or wanted to watch the last episode or two of the lat one, but my Prime has me locked out of Season 1.

Guessing I should look for a recap on YouTube or something.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, bolverk said:

Guessing I should look for a recap on YouTube or something

There’s several 20-40 minute recaps from like ScreenRant etc.  I have a feeling this season will be easier to follow for those who didn’t play the games or read the books.  New showrunner and it seems a lot more focused.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I was also kind confused by it.  Like, "huh, no recap prior to the first episode?" 

Also not watching a 20-40 minute recap.  Give me 3 minutes or I'll figure it out later.

Edited by Js1

I never played the game, or read any book, or really knew anything about Halo.  I just like Sci-Fi and finished season 1 just a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't at all what I was expecting.  I thought it would just be an alien vs human combat show.  I enjoyed season one, but I'm a little confused about how John got rid of Cortana.  Maybe I just wasn't paying attention at the beginning of the first episode.  I might go back and rewatch it before going on the episode 2.

49 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I was also kind confused by it.  Like, "huh, no recap prior to the first episode?" 

Also not watching a 20-40 minute recap.  Give me 3 minutes or I'll figure it out later.

Having watched the first two episodes, I have a feeling people who watched season one a few years ago don’t need to really watch recaps other than maybe a short video about Makee and maybe Cortana. Those are the two I could see confusing people, but I also think they’ll explain them as we go.  We are about to get into the Fall of Reach really fast, either 3 or 4.

The new show runner said this season is basically an 8-hour war movie.

• Drool 2

On 2/8/2024 at 9:08 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Writing, action, CGI are all much better. 

Yeah the action scenes look a lot better. Some of them just felt off in S1. 

Do we think the elite with Maake is supposed to be Arbiter? 

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I gotta give them credit for making a far better second season.

I still liked the first season but, yeah, through 3 eps S2 has been great. 

I went and rewatched the last ep of S1 before starting this one and I thought it was really good. 

I am digging the human story of the Spartans that didn't make it through the augmentation process, and damn ONI continues to be the bastards of the Halo universe. Halo Reach was one of the best games, I'm surprised they didn't tap into the Spartan II vs Spartan III thing! Especially since the reach game was played as S3's

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/25/2024 at 10:20 PM, kingkoopa6 said:

I’m still lost on kwon tho. 

Yeah, I have no idea what her role is at this point, and not thrilled we got an episode about them looking for Kessler, although the UNSC picking him up is ominous and could possibly tie everything back to the Spartan program taking little kids.

On 2/23/2024 at 5:59 PM, ztejas said:

I was pretty meh on that episode. Curious to see where they go from here. 

Liked ep 5 a lot better. I guess I was just kind of uncertain where they were going after ep 4.

I like how they've woven all the main characters together at this point - I think that was something S1 struggled with. Kwan is just fine as a character when instead of a 12 minute detour it's her in scenes with other main characters.

I like how Halsey is getting a redemption angle.

Chief appears to be getting ready to go Punisher on some mufuckas.

The whole thing has kind of a Fellowship of the Ring vibe to it and seems to be setting up well for the rest of the season and seasons to come.

Oh - and - it is the Arbiter. Which I guess should have been fairly obvious. 

• Hook 'Em 2

They're taking a surprise swing back into the canon as defined by the books. If the episode title didn't make it apparent, they're doing the Ghosts of Onyx book it would seem 

Spoiler

Excited to see Spartan 3's, but it's also distinctly different from the original canon/timeline. They were still taking kids then, and adults weren't used until S4's. TBH I wouldn't mind them ditching the Spartan 4 lore stuff though 

I'd bet a dollar that circle thing is a portal into the Dyson sphere inside of Onyx that is the shield world to survive the blast from the Halos

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

You must be on season 1 with the kwon episodes 

I do like how they finally paid off all of her mysticism stuff, it's a neat and spooky thing to have a connection to ancient ancestors that are within