non-con schedule just got weaker- Alabama State replaces Rice

shadow_operative

I’m interested to see scheduling moving forward. 

Vic Schaefer has said multiple times that he’s having a tough time getting good teams to play Texas in Austin. I think the same is going on with Beard. 

The only good to decent teams we play are on the road/neutral court. Same with Texas WBB this year. Outside of the SEC/Big 12 challenge of course. 

Edited by texasstrong12

HOUSTON — The Rice vs Texas men's basketball game has been postponed due to COVID issues, according to Rice University.

The game was originally scheduled for Wednesday, Dec. 22. Rice University said the COVID issues are within the Owls’ program.

There's no word on when the game would be rescheduled, but Texas confirmed they will host Alabama State instead on Wednesday. Tip time for this game is slated for 1 p.m. 

https://www.khou.com/article/sports/rice-texas-basketball-game-postponed-covid/285-794dfc00-9591-4f52-a25e-fee27f6ea5f5

I rise now to inquire as to whether or not the Alabama State "Sensational Stingettes" will be traveling with the hoops team and/or performing at halftime at the Erwin Center?  This may change my entire approach to work on Wednesday.  My goodness, I had no idea.  Lovely, lovely. 

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I’m interested to see scheduling moving forward. 

Vic Schaefer has said multiple times that he’s having a tough time getting good teams to play Texas in Austin. I think the same is going on with Beard. 

The only good to decent teams we play are on the road/neutral court. Same with Texas WBB this year. Outside of the SEC/Big 12 challenge of course. 

The Seton Hall game was part of the Big East Big 12 challenge, and Gonzaga opens the new arena next year. The issue with the OOC scheduling is Beard typical plays these type of teams so his team's can gel. The unfortunate part is Beard has 2-3 more players than he needs right now. 2 from the group of Askew, Jones, Ramey, Carr, and Ferbes don't need to see the court at all. My personal hope would be Askew and Jones.

Look, we were gonna lose at Gonzaga with such a new team.  Key is to split with Seton Hall and Tennessee, which we can still do.  11-2 with this non-conference slate, albeit kinda bottom-heavy, is totally fine.  We're fine with RPI you freakin' nerds.  

We need to get off to a good start in Big XII play and y'all need to check out some pics of the Alabama State "Sensational Stingettes"  You'll feel much better about all this.

11 minutes ago, elfenix said:

watched them play HBU in HBU's tiny gym (elementary schools have bigger gyms), now i've probably got the 'rona.  thanks, nerds. 

42 minutes later, you're still picking on the Nerds?  It's Christmastime Theo, it's the time of miracles. 

so be of good cheer and call me when the Sensational Stingettes appear.  /noracisttheobecauseyouattendedanHBCU

Edited by Lobo

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

What's the deal on tickets? If I want to go Wednesday should I just walk up to the box office? Anyone know if they are keeping upper deck tickets from coming to the lower bowl?

The game is sold out. I mean, we are playing the powerhouse that is Alabama State. 

Kinda dead sexy all of 'em.  Would really like to see this marching towards the Drum tomorrow.  But I'm guessing we won't.  Something about the masks being bigger than their uniform bottoms, kinda turning me on.