USMNT 2022

Napoleon

Just now, Captain Ron said:

We could just take him off the field and be down a man and I think we would be better than with him in there.

It's shocking.  Reminds me of youth CBs playing 11 v 11 for the first time who don't understand yet where the opposition players are positioned compared to 9 v 9.  

Pepi might not be hitting goals right now but he does a ton of stuff correctly off the ball, which means the goals will come on a fully fit squad. I think if we don't get Pefok vs Wales, which we won't, i hope its Pepi. Waaay more of a threat than the others. 

1 Pepi

2 Sargent

3 three kids in a trench coat

4 Ferreira  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Pepi might not be hitting goals right now but he does a ton of stuff correctly off the ball, which means the goals will come on a fully fit squad. I think if we don't get Pefok vs Wales, which we won't, i hope its Pepi. Waaay more of a threat than the others. 

1 Pepi

2 Sargent

3 three kids in a trench coat

4 Ferreira  

I don't get how he keeps getting caught offside by the Saudi Defense. Every time I see when a pass is about to head his way he's like a foot + off. He keeps getting caught off.

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I don't get how he keeps getting caught offside by the Saudi Defense. Every time I see when a pass is about to head his way he's like a foot + off. He keeps getting caught off.

the MF is late on their crosses and their through balls. this MF is looking pathetic.

• Like 1

For me, this is more embarrassing than the Japan match.

Sure, the US was absolutely dominated last Friday, but that was against a solid, well-organized side on a mission.

This Saudi team--at least as currently deployed--is shit. That back line is soft and ripe for the picking. Acres of space, yet our midfield is playing with their heads down, taking one or two extra (and unnecessary touches) and missing the runs that our forwards are making, resulting in late passes and offsides.

Too slow, too hesitant, too inaccurate ... and I know this is turning into a rant but it's infuriating. Difficult to be positive about anything right now.

• Hook 'Em 1