USMNT 2022

Napoleon

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Not sure how I see him keeping us from getting last in the group. 

We are in big trouble.  Greggg has completely fucked up the process to identify Miles Robinson's replacement by forcing his favorite into the process.  I still think that Long is going to walk out there against Wales. 

That said, Wales and Iran aren't great.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Where the fuck is Pulisic?

Christian Pulisic missed the United States' next-to-last warm-up match before the World Cup against Japan on Friday in Germany because of an unspecified injury.

The U.S. Soccer Federation said Pulisic was out "because of a knock he took in training earlier this week." The USSF said it was too soon to determine whether he will be available for Tuesday's friendly against Saudi Arabia in Murcia, Spain.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Should I even watch this shit? 

fuk it.. do it bro

Interstellar Crying Scene GIF - Interstellar Crying Scene - Discover &  Share GIFs

I should have slept in..

got up at 515am - coffee pod in the kurig... pumped to watch the boys.

by 545 i realized i made a dumb mistake. 

pulled out my phone and tiktok watched dancing titties for 20 mins until halftime...

by that time it was 610... i was like... i can prolly nap for another hour before i start work..

coffee still doing its thing... couldn't sleep... 

tuned back to the game to watch us lose the ball over and over again until we finally got a shot near( not even on) goal in like the 85th or whatever 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Trying to build out of the back through the middle against an aggressive press with Turner as GK, Zimmerman/Long as the CBs and Adams as a lone 6 is a recipe for disaster.

Turner's biggest weakness is distribution and Adams is at his best when he has another MF supporting him in progressing the ball (see Roca at Leeds).  Long is just abysmal in playing the ball and Zimmerman is average at best.  Just laughable "strategy" from Gerggg.  Given how wedded he is to his brilliant "system," the only solution is to start a legitimate ball-playing CB next to Zimmerman (Ream and Brooks).

32 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Christian Pulisic missed the United States' next-to-last warm-up match before the World Cup against Japan on Friday in Germany because of an unspecified injury.

The U.S. Soccer Federation said Pulisic was out "because of a knock he took in training earlier this week." The USSF said it was too soon to determine whether he will be available for Tuesday's friendly against Saudi Arabia in Murcia, Spain.

Fed Up Reaction GIF

24 minutes ago, MoJames said:

He was doing a book signing.

Is the book titled "If I don't dress we're fucked"?

7 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

nah, japan aint bad...although i dont know any of the players

Japan isn't bad at all, and I know FIFA rankings aren't the end all be all but....

Wales 19

Iran 22

Japan 24

Not sure why everyone thought the US got a good draw for the WC. IMO it was a hard group from the get go and right now it looks damn daunting. 

USA looked flat and unorganized today, but I feel like it would have been a different game if Ferrera could have finished that cross. May have put some energy in the squad....

Something about the importance of having someone who can actually score goals/ Dead horse.

Edited by Juicy

1 minute ago, alincoln said:

Japan's roster definitely plays at a higher level than Iran's.  Iran has 2 players in Top 5 leagues while Japan has 12.  Iran has 16 guys playing in Iran, Qatar or UAE while Japan only has 8 guys playing in Japan. 

So their manager is from the Greggg school of managing, home grown talent means more.... Jk