USMNT 2022

Napoleon

19 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Pefok not being on the roster is criminal. The guy is killing it. I would put him ahead of Pepi and Morris but if you have to bump one, I would bump Morris.

This is a death knell to him being on the 26, right?  Unless it's related to his recent injury or for some weird reason Union wouldn't release him?  Who besides Pefok is not on this roster but should/will be on the 26 (if healthy)?  Weah for Morris, Pefok for Arriola, Any others?  I didn't take time, but those were the obvious two.

Edited - Jedi would be on, I presume for Vines.

Edited by A-Tex Devil

I think Pefok is done, unfortunately.  Greggg is only taking 3 strikers and I expect those 3 to remain Sargent, Jesus and Pepi.  

Jedi and Weah will be in Qatar unless unavailable due to injury.  Vines or Scally will make way for him.

I'm not sure who makes way for Weah but I would expect Tillman or Vines/Scally to get cut before Morris or Arriola.

17 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Gregg left the door open for Pefok in Qatar.  Basically said he knows what they have in him, but wanted to see Sargent and PEPI.

Replace “Pefok” with “John Brooks”, because Gregg has said this line before. 

Also, please post Brooks’ player ratings for the matches his played for the USMNT since Gregg made that comment. 
🥸

I have never given a shit about uniforms, although the greatest shorts ever were the nylon Adidas weed logo with the band on the bottom - before they went “Adidas equipment”.  I thought the denim was gauche even then.

The blue ones suck shit through a straw.    The white ones are meh.  I vote Waldo home/Bomb pop second/solid blue third and stop fucking with it.  Tell Nike to fuck off and go back to Adidas.

Mexicos actually look pretty solid.

Of course, I’m crotchety enough to think

Germany’s away should be solid green

Englands home shouldn’t have color besides the crest and a blue umbro logo and the away has to be solid red.  Nike wtf?

Argentinas away needs to be blue not purple/blue.

Spains away needs to be Navy or white, not this baby blue pattern

Italy needs diadora and dark blue.

Brazil is either yellow/blue/white or blue/white/blue - not yellow/white/white.

Rant over.  I promised the boys jerseys, so I guess I’ll stick with the home.

Edited by Kringelbert Fishtybuns
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

So odds are we will have our greatest WC run in these kits so they become the most viewed/luckiest kits and we will be stuck with people wanting this shit to return down the road. 

Odds are we won’t match 2002.

Odds also are that 2026 will be out best WC run. 

The white kit is meh and the other kit is trash. 

Will look for a Waldo kit in case I watch it out of the country.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

So odds are we will have our greatest WC run in these kits so they become the most viewed/luckiest kits and we will be stuck with people wanting this shit to return down the road. 

i'm actually on record as saying that i could totally see us going out in the group stage this year, before making our first deep WC run at home in '26. i like our players, but i have zero faith in the federation, coaching staff, tactics, team choices, etc. we definitely have the talent to make the final 8 this year, but (sadly) i see us struggling in this group this time around. hope i'm wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, dieucla98 said:

Nike sucks. I feel like they just get worse and worse. 

when Arsenal switched from nike to puma i was skeptical, but i ended up really liking our puma kits. i especially liked that puma didn't seem to just come up with 2-3 designs and then hand them out to every single team ghat they sponsor. i really wouldn't mind us switching to puma, as unlikely as that is. i assume we'll be stuck with nike forever.

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

The away kit would make for a solid training kit.  It's a joke as an actual game kit.

The home kit would be fine without the blue neck thing if the badge was located where it is supposed to be.      

yup, pretty much this. the away kit 100% looks like a training kit, and the home kit would be fine if the badge was correctly placed. hard to explain how how they ended up deciding that these looks were worthy of our "golden generation's" first WC. 

38 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

yup, pretty much this. the away kit 100% looks like a training kit, and the home kit would be fine if the badge was correctly placed. hard to explain how how they ended up deciding that these looks were worthy of our "golden generation's" first WC. 

The away kit looks like a training kit for the Nations' League tourney.  

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

when Arsenal switched from nike to puma i was skeptical, but i ended up really liking our puma kits. i especially liked that puma didn't seem to just come up with 2-3 designs and then hand them out to every single team ghat they sponsor. i really wouldn't mind us switching to puma, as unlikely as that is. i assume we'll be stuck with nike forever.

This right here. Nike has been SUPER lazy as a uniform sponsor for everyone. This doesn't just apply to the national teams, but also the clubs they are sponsoring. Nike could do so much more and just isn't. They just crank out the same things for everyone.

Whatever, the unis suck this year, I am moving on. I've said my piece, this is one of the first I have no interest in.

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

This go around the Puma kits aren't great but yea still better than this bullshit Nike put out

16 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Gregg left the door open for Pefok in Qatar.  Basically said he knows what they have in him, but wanted to see Sargent and PEPI.

16 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Replace “Pefok” with “John Brooks”, because Gregg has said this line before. 

Also, please post Brooks’ player ratings for the matches his played for the USMNT since Gregg made that comment. 
🥸

On 9/14/2022 at 12:18 PM, alincoln said:

I think Pefok is done, unfortunately.  Greggg is only taking 3 strikers and I expect those 3 to remain Sargent, Jesus and Pepi.  

Jedi and Weah will be in Qatar unless unavailable due to injury.  Vines or Scally will make way for him.

I'm not sure who makes way for Weah but I would expect Tillman or Vines/Scally to get cut before Morris or Arriola.

Yeah, this is just Gergg's way of starting to usher out Pefok. He isn't going to Qatar. The only way I see it maybe happening is if Pepi completely shits the bed, and I am pretty sure that Gergg is going to do everything to prevent that from happening. I bet any games that Pepi starts and has a bad first half will see him subbed out at the half so he doesn't fully shit the bed.

I think alinc nails it - he has his guys, that's who's going. And when the strikers that are lighting it up around Europe don't make the WC Roster and our 9 lays a goose egg in our 3 and out run in Qatar, I hope that Gergg is shows the door while the plane is at 38,000 feet.

1 hour ago, Bottlecap said:

No Driussi 🤌🏽

Josh keepin him healthy for the playoffs prolly 

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Driussi would never be called in playing in the USA. 

After grains & beef (maybe even ahead of beef now) and until the lithium extraction gets up to speed in Salta & Jujuy, Fútbolistas are near the top of Argentina’s exports with regards to bringing in US$$ to Argentina’s central bank. 

They have guys playing all around the world and if you’re not playing in Europe, then you had better be just about to go there after you show out at the World Cup.

Armani, the lone Argie playing in the Argentine league, is an old backup goalkeeper. Argentina is not know for producing goalkeepers. The guys who would be future goalkeepers play basketball, volleyball, or beef up and play rugby. 

And then there is the random 6’6” Juan Martín del Potro from the salame* making town of Tandil who falls into tennis. 

People with height don’t to be from the poorer areas and rarely gravitate towards soccer in Argentina. (At least after a certain age.)

*”salame” is the way the sausage is spelled in Spanish speaking countries.

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm actually on record as saying that i could totally see us going out in the group stage this year, before making our first deep WC run at home in '26. i like our players, but i have zero faith in the federation, coaching staff, tactics, team choices, etc. we definitely have the talent to make the final 8 this year, but (sadly) i see us struggling in this group this time around. hope i'm wrong. 

the iranians had their glory in lyon, but that was on european soil (bad for us).  this time around the shiites are playing on sunni soil (MUCH MUCH worse for them)

in the modern era (past 32 years) the US does not advance from group play on european soil and advances from every group stage on non-european soil

wales is to england as the us is to canada

england would crush canada

the us will crush whales

but the welsh are a deathtrap for england

put it all together, and we will advance