USMNT 2022

Napoleon

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Neither did he.

5 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Yeah, he didn't have many opportunities, but he was nothing special. 

This game makes me want to puke. The final tune up and we are fielding this squad.....

It's really too bad that the player pool doesn't have anyone that would fit the strategy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

I was going to note that Mark McKenzie is having a rough start to his day. A few bad passes and playing the role of turn style for Saudi players.

Haven't been able to watch any of the 2nd half yet. If Mark McKenzie is playing I think I'll just wait until we play Wales. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

It's really too bad that the player pool doesn't have anyone that would fit the strategy.

Its funny because if you were trying to create a player to fit that strategy, it would literally be Pefok......

but he doesn't press...... as a fucking forward. booo fucking hoo. 

Edited by Juicy

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

He didn't get us back to shit.  Talent got us back to being competent.  Gerggg is an incompetent boob.  

This is what I even seen in this game. There is nothing cohesive about what this team is doing. I just see a bunch of talent that is doing what talent does. And individually they are able to make things happen, but they can't break down the whole team, so it all breaks down.

The lack of cohesion is Gergg. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

This is what I even seen in this game. There is nothing cohesive about what this team is doing. I just see a bunch of talent that is doing what talent does. And individually they are able to make things happen, but they can't break down the whole team, so it all breaks down.

The lack of cohesion is Gergg. 

100% this. 

Its like hey guys just go out and do whatever you want. BUT WITH PRESSING!!!!!

Edited by Juicy

Worst pair of matches I've seen from the USMNT since the 2018 qualifying cycle.

Starters (except Turner) played poorly, subs (except Scally) played poorly, choice of starters was questionable, choice of subs also questionable, effort lacking, precision nonexistent ... and most of all, this Saudi side was shit yet they are gonna walk away with a shutout and were probably more deserving of a win since they enjoyed more--and better--opportunities.

Thank god these were just friendlies.

Just now, alincoln said:

Almost unbelievably poor performance by the USMNT over these two tune-ups.  They couldn't have gone worse.  

lose to SA and it would have been all time failure 

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

They were noting that Wales had a scout in the stands. What the hell was that guy thinking right now?

Bale gonna feast

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

He didn't get us back to shit.  Talent got us back to being competent.  Gerggg is an incompetent boob.  

Okay - split hairs however you'd like or give credit to whomever. We've had our moments over the past 4 years - a whole lot more than the 4 years before that. I'll give Gregg some credit for that - you're welcome to give him none - I don't really care and it doesn't matter.

The current product is extremely concerning and if this is how we play in Qatar it's going to sting. 

I don't think anyone here wants Gregg in charge past the WC. I've said all along at least let him see this thing out - but now I'm wondering if bringing someone in last minute wouldn't be better simply from a squad selection standpoint. 

I think these two friendlies have shown us that without his default options Gregg has no fucking idea which guys to put on the pitch and when. The whole 9 fiasco is really just the cherry on top - granted some of that is because we've been unable to find a 9 worth a shit and now the seeming best option is throwing someone unproven out there that's been hot for club for a handful of games. 

• Hook 'Em 2

He has one way to play, if everyone isn’t playing great and the pitch is perfect or we are outside the states, then we crumble and average about .25 goals a match.  He is to rigid and lacks the ability to make changes.  That’s not an ideal profile for coach who on,y gets to train with his guys every 2 months for 10 days. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1