USMNT 2022

Napoleon

18 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It kind of looks like Potter knows what he’s doing. 

7271DA29-5BC5-4B96-ADF4-CEBE2BCE413C.thumb.png.a88eda9f4b61b3ed8d1eef6fd849291c.png

It sucks for Christian and for USMNT fans, but Chelsea fans have to be loving what they are seeing after Tuchel’s start to the season. 

the problem is where does Christian go from here? He would be getting playing time back at a Bundesliga club not named Bayern Munich or a even a solid midtable PL club like West Ham, Villa, or Newcastle.

I guess it would look like a step back, but he want to be on the pitch, doesnt he? Might have to swallow his pride. 

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

the problem is where does Christian go from here? He would be getting playing time back at a Bundesliga club not named Bayern Munich or a even a solid midtable PL club like West Ham, Villa, or Newcastle.

I guess it would look like a step back, but he want to be on the pitch, doesnt he? Might have to swallow his pride. 

54 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I’d love to see him back at BVB or one of the better Italian clubs. 

The Chelsea side that played yesterday was the best football we've played in quite some time. I could easily see him being an integral part of the team if he is willing to take that role. There will be time for him to play as there are so many games anymore. That being said if he wishes to be a starter, he's probably gonna need to move on. I would put money that he is the least influential no. 10 on his team in the EPL.

Also, Dest was pretty bad yesterday for Milan yesterday. Here's hoping the US men's team gets their shit together, but based on the slide show, I'm thinking we are in for another disappointment.

• Hook 'Em 1

The biggest problem is that Christian’s salary pays him more than he’s worth. 

If he had a more appropriate salary, there would have been more teams interested in him this past summer. 

From reports, ManU wanted to take him on loan, but Chelsea only wanted to sell him. He would have needed to take a pay cut in order for more teams to be interested in him, but people rarely want to give up money to move on in an era of guaranteed contracts. 

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If he had a more appropriate salary, there would have been more teams interested in him this past summer. 

From reports, ManU wanted to take him on loan, but Chelsea only wanted to sell him. He would have needed to take a pay cut in order for more teams to be interested in him, but people rarely want to give up money to move on in an era of guaranteed contracts. 

I don't watch a ton of ManU, Would he play there? You've got just as much depth there as at Chelsea I'd imagine. 

The Athletic has a follow up to their uniform talk for the USMNT. Goof read, check it out.

but one thing they bring up is this design:

lt seems that every likes the idea of a variant of the Waldo being our #1 jersey. This guy went with stars as our #2. That gold one we would never wears, but wow. 

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.6fad9c7118b181603c371e470f647f12.png

With a gap in between when he was playing for the USMNT. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

The Athletic has a follow up to their uniform talk for the USMNT. Goof read, check it out.

but one thing they bring up is this design:

lt seems that every likes the idea of a variant of the Waldo being our #1 jersey. This guy went with stars as our #2. That gold one we would never wears, but wow. 

With a gap in between when he was playing for the USMNT. 

That gold one, for those not reading the article, has the words of the declaration of independence on it. How much more perfect a kit vs England can you get?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

That gold one, for those not reading the article, has the words of the declaration of independence on it. How much more perfect a kit vs England can you get?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿  AND Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 

They are both 🇬🇧. Would have been the same with Scotland. 

Iran should have the results of the election that the president of Iran won before the USA 🇺🇸 & the UK 🇬🇧 overthrew that president, installed the shah, and then set the opposition down a road to fundamentalism. 

…if we want to get technical. 

#NoMoreCR 🏳

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Pulisic starting.  Needs a strong performance obviously 

Mixed bag so far. Heavily involved, some sloppy play and chances that he could have done better on.

At the same time - he had the best shot of the day for Chelsea in the 1H. Beautiful strike that the keeper had to save for a corner. 

On 10/6/2022 at 12:57 PM, Napoleon said:

None of this. CP is just fine at Chelsea and just fine in form. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

None of this. CP is just fine at Chelsea and just fine in form. 

When I saw that there was a response to my explanation, I figured that he must have gotten to play today and probably played well. 💪🏼

It’s nice to see that Christian got a goal against the 3rd worst team in the premier league. 

What I wrote is absolutely accurate and not because it is my idea/opinion. I believe it, but I just regurgitated what I have heard on podcasts and round tables from people who actually have connections to clubs and agents and who get paid to talk about soccer and to provide a bit of that privileged information. 

Again, I totally believe what I wrote, but they are not my original opinions. 

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/men?dateId=id13792

SIAP

Rankings don't mean much, but they're helpful for those of us who don't follow much Iranian football these days.  Curious how their political events will affect their time in Qatar.  Anyway, England at #5, and the U.S., Wales, and Iran all clustered 16-20.  

hahaha San Marino...fucking losers!  ;)  

Just six more weeks.  Let's do this...

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

He looks so much better on the ball after 2 months with Arsenal.  

Ramsdale is so great on the ball, i have to imagine that training with him can only raise Turner's level in that regard, and i imagine his growth will continue for some time. i also love that he gets to train against Jesus, Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, etc. Gergg is high if Turner isn't starting for us in the WC.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

D4E2D775-2D61-4B89-8E67-B923D0694C6E.jpeg

1) He looks a little Slingblade-ish. “Slow” is how teachers would have described him in decades gone by.

2) Getting mid-game handjobs from opponents must be his key to staying cool & calm out there on the pitch. (Maybe the Schalke kid was just checking for a hernia.)

3) 18 goals & assists over 7 games is absurd. 

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

And... Pefok injured.  Looks like a calf.

USMNT fans, home and abroad, scream out in anguish.

Berhalter breathing a massive sigh of relief. 

3 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Holy crap that defending was atrocious. 😳

Nice run by Tillman and nice stones to think that he could pull it off, but that ball should have been taken off his feet a time or two before he took his shot.

Edited by Napoleon