USMNT 2022

Napoleon

This roster looks like Gregg tried to outthink himself. Or tried to make moves that would make people think he was Un-Gregging the roster. Scally, Sargent and Tillman who haven't really played with the A-Team seem like he is just trying to be like "see im not just picking Zardes, Arreola, and Lletget" Moves. 

As stated above I can live with it I guess, but a game in the 90th minute where we have a corner or a deep set piece I would really like to have Pefok there for a connection than Jesus I wish I was a little bit taller. 

Roldan, I mean, there is no way he is a top 40 USMNT player right now. I doubt he ever sees the field but why take him?

Just now, kingkoopa6 said:

Pepi 
       CP  McKennie Gio
           Adams Musah   
 Jedi Ream Zimmerman Dest
                Turner

Need Weah in there somewhere. Maybe stick him up top IDK but he needs to play, Aaronson too. Really a log jam up there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I feel like any other coach would get the best players on the field together. 

Getting CP, Gio, Weston, Weah, Aaronson, Adams, and Musah on the field would create matchup nightmares for other teams. 

But then you have no real striker and Zimmerman on an island when Dest and Jedi push up. 

I guess try to win a track meet? I don't fucking know I just have zero confidence in Gregg/. 

This is what I would do. But there is a 0% chance we see anything close to this. 

Weah /CP

Aaronson weston Weah/CP Gio

Adams

Musah

Jedi, Zimmerman Dest 

Turner

Edited by Juicy

4 minutes ago, Juicy said:

This roster looks like Gregg tried to outthink himself. Or tried to make moves that would make people think he was Un-Gregging the roster. Scally, Sargent and Tillman who haven't really played with the A-Team seem like he is just trying to be like "see im not just picking Zardes, Arreola, and Lletget" Moves. 

As stated above I can live with it I guess, but a game in the 90th minute where we have a corner or a deep set piece I would really like to have Pefok there for a connection than Jesus I wish I was a little bit taller. 

Roldan, I mean, there is no way he is a top 40 USMNT player right now. I doubt he ever sees the field but why take him?

I take your point but who would you have instead of Tillman, Sargent and Scalley?  

2 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Need Weah in there somewhere. Maybe stick him up top IDK but he needs to play, Aaronson too. Really a log jam up there. 

Just now, Juicy said:

I feel like any other coach would get the best players on the field together. 

Getting CP, Gio, Weston, Weah, Aaronson, Adams, and Musah on the field would create matchup nightmares for other teams. 

But then you have no real striker and Zimmerman on an island when Dest and Jedi push up. 

I guess try to win a track meet? I don't fucking know I just have zero confidence in Gregg/. 

We have too many wingers/10s to realistically get them on the field at the same time. It's not really worth thinking about, just think about who starts which games and who comes off the bench. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I take your point but who would you have instead of Tillman, Sargent and Scalley?  

That is very true.. Those guys have earned it.  Who else? De le Fuente? . Just surprised that Gregg went that way since they haven't really played with the team at all. but left Pefok off. Even if Pefok has cooled down he is better than Jesus. 

Edited by Juicy

This is going to make my head explode once it's official, isn't it?

Edit: "this" being the roster, not steffan specifically. As previously mentioned, I couldn't care less about GK #2 compared to other issues - Long, Ferreira, and fucking Roldan.

Edited by dieucla98
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Ferreira over Pefok is dumb.  I can live with the rest given injuries.  

This was never an Either / OR.

This is a:

Bring Cannon AND Yedlin, OR bring Pefok

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.14d341fd4375ec3676a1f375efd0944b.png

I hope that this is true. Steffen is absolutely trash these days. When I am at my computer I will look it up, but his save percentage is about 50% in the last 3 matches. Something like that. His team is outshooting their opponents but they are something like 20th out of 24 teams in the Championship and they were expected to battle for promotion this year. 

I think that Eryk Williamson would be a like-for-like replacement for LDLT and a poor man’s McKennie if the latter two are injured, but he could never adapt to Gregg’s fucked up over-managing and so he’s been out of the pool for a while. 

With a better manager, he could have been looking to use the World Cup as a springboard to Europe. 

#FGB

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This is a:

Bring Cannon AND Yedlin, OR bring Pefok

This makes zero sense.  What do two backs have to do with a striker. Zero. 

Replace one striker with a better one. End of story. 

Edited by Juicy

Just now, Juicy said:

This makes zero sense.  

You haven't been following Gregg...

Though I just read something that said that Dest may be fighting fitness. This means that he could be dropped from the roster up until the 20th, but I wouldn't have included both Cannon & Yedlin. I would have had one (or both) on the Alternates roster and then added if needed.

In general, I would do things differently than Berhalter, but I think that most of us would.

19 minutes ago, Juicy said:

5PM is such a trash time. Do this at noon or some shit. 

Obviously the leak was wrong so interested to see what else was wrong with it. 

Don't know how many different incorrect "leaked" rosters were released, but putting these out there was good for creating a buzz among the soccer community and then hopefully those fans will explain (slowly) what is good and bad about the roster. And then. hopefully those friends will tune in to see if their "soccer friend" was right.

• Hook 'Em 1