2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

We are currently 11th in RPI

Seriously - who the fuck thought we'd be top 11 in the most important metric for postseason seeding after we went 0-fer in Clearwater? 

Starting a nice little 8 game homestand in the next 3 weeks  - Louisiana on Wednesday, ISU this weekend, UTA on April 6, followed by a week off and then OU April 14-16.  

8 game homestand, followed by a 7 game road trip that is all conference (OSU, Tech and a single game at Baylor) 

https://soonersports.com/sports/softball/stats/2022/baylor/boxscore/11800

Seeing this thead,  reviewed OU and OKSt schedules.

Baylor had a 1-0 lead yesterday vs OU thru 6.2 and Jennings hit a 3 run walkoff HR.   Heartbreak...   Baylor's pitcher was Omre,  Fresno St transfer.

OU has run ruled 25 of 29 opponents.   Saw a few innings of their game vs Kentucky on SECN.   Jordy Bahl, their ace pitcher, is a machine.   Will be interesting to see MW's hitting and pitching strategy.

2 minutes ago, Catpfish said:

Hope Trautwein (transfer in from North Texas) has given up 1 earned run in 47 innings.  I thought she might struggle a little, but nope 

At this point in time, anyone expecting a transfer pitcher to go to OU and struggle is delusional.   Gasso is the Nick Saban of softball.   Jesus fucking Christ, what else is there to accomplish for her? 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

At this point in time, anyone expecting a transfer pitcher to go to OU and struggle is delusional.   Gasso is the Nick Saban of softball.   Jesus fucking Christ, what else is there to accomplish for her? 

In a year or so, she will be able to add a SEC Championship to her record.

• Rage+1 1

By the way, really sad news from this weekend with the passing of Joan Joyce. Coach Joyce was the only coach FAU has ever had and was a true legend. She is the greatest American female athlete of all time, is a member of several Hall of Fames, and played professionally in several sports. When my daughter was being recruited, she was one of the most genuine coaches we got to meet. Rest High Joan!

• Like 1

Already mentioned RPI yesterday

#11 RPI (up 1 spot)
#15 CSM (up 5 spots)
#15 D1 Softball (up 1 spot)
#16 Softball America (no change)
#19 ESPN/USA Softball (up 4 spots)
#21 USA Today/NFCA (up 3 spots)

The major media polls are still wary on us, but they didn't buy into the post-UL/LSU hype as much as the others.  We appropriately rose for our 4-0 record last week but were lower for the major media polls last week. 

And surprisingly, Texas' 26 wins so far is only surpassed by OU (29), FSU (30), UCLA (28), Alabama (28), Florida (27), Georgia (29) and Auburn (27) for ranked teams.  Our 9 losses are better than teams ahead of us like Washington, Clemson, Arizona, LSU and equal to Tennessee and Michigan

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Should have been another run walked in but the umpire gave the ULL pitcher cosplaying as an adult film librarian a very generous call outside the zone. 1-0 top of the 2nd now

They have Dolcini a questionable strike 3 at the shins. Gonna be wild 

4-0 us. Challenging if Iakopo was safe. Questionable send - I guess if we have the ump from last night, we can have David Pierce at 3rd

That’s obstruction by the letter but I bet they don’t call it 

Edited by Js1

Gerry Glasco can coach softball  !

Down 4-0, kept battling.   That little centerfiielder with the outstanding plays is a freshman.   Doubt if he cares how many homeruns she hits.

Did you all notice that Singleton with with MW to the circle ?   Seems he is taking over the defense ?   I have not noticed that before.

3 hours ago, torre said:

Gerry Glasco can coach softball  !

Down 4-0, kept battling.   That little centerfiielder with the outstanding plays is a freshman.   Doubt if he cares how many homeruns she hits.

Did you all notice that Singleton with with MW to the circle ?   Seems he is taking over the defense ?   I have not noticed that before.

I noticed it, just not really sure what to think about it all right now. You can't let that one get away.

7 hours ago, Goodman said:

I noticed it, just not really sure what to think about it all right now. You can't let that one get away.

Yeah. Disappointing to lose yesterday but we did go 17-3-1 in March after 9-7 in February.  Didn’t lose a game from March 5 until March 30

• Hook 'Em 1

Iowa St (19-13),  Big12 stats, 4th hitting and pitching, 3rd in fielding.   We are 3rd in hitting and pitching, 5th in fielding (.957).

6PM Fri, 1PM Sat, 12PM Sun  LHN

This is Iowa St's opening conference series.   They have been battle tested with losses to Wash, UCLA, and Arizona.   On paper won't be the easiest team to sweep.

https://big12sports.com/stats.aspx?path=softball&year=2022