Texas vs. tech - 11:30am on ABC

Pancho

Just now, Pancho said:

Yeah compare the Big 12 titles and NCs in all sports between Texas and tech since the start of the conference and then come back and tell us which school is the infection.. 

I didn’t say that Texas wasn’t elite. It just seems like the conferences y’all have been in were left worse off than when they started. Ran off a bunch of nationally recognized members so the conference would pander to you then head out. I mean it’s just like an infection. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I went to Texas ou basketball game up in Norman and got out of there barely after a texas win. Now you think for one second if we were in lubcock and did that we wouldn’t get punched? 

Please punch an opposing fan at your next home game and then post here about how it went down, you’re making the brand tougher, etc. Please. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

You make Texas sound like a cancer/infection. Can’t elevate the conference y’all are in so go and invade/infect another. 

Sounds good to me. You make it sound like I should care what it sounds like. 

Tech has been trying to ride on the coattails of this cancer since they joined the SWC, and they would have continued if they could have. It’s why the Tech affiliated state politicians were so pissed they were blind sided by the announcement. 

Why should Texas elevate the conference they’re in? How is that their responsibility? You guys can now elevate the Big 12 without UT’s involvement to your heart’s content. Win/win! 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

Sounds good to me. You make it sound like I should care what it sounds like. 

Tech has been trying to ride on the coattails of this cancer since they joined the SWC, and they would have continued if they could have. It’s why the Tech affiliated state politicians were so pissed they were blind sided by the announcement. 

Why should Texas elevate the conference they’re in? How is that their responsibility? You guys can now elevate the Big 12 without UT’s involvement to your heart’s content. Win/win! 

By not running everyone off by making the longhorn network over a conference/Big12 network. It don’t make a shit now. The big 12 might as well be CUSA. It’s why I’m glad tech is good at basketball you don’t need a good conference affiliation to get into the tourney. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

Just now, Tommy Shelby said:

By not running everyone off by making the longhorn network over a conference/Big12 network. It don’t make a shit now. The big 12 might as well be CUSA. It’s why I’m glad tech is good at basketball you don’t need a good conference affiliation to get into the tourney. 

Negged for straight up trolling and spitting bullshit lies that have been disproven time and time again. You sound more like a bugeater than a raider, to be honest. Enjoy your best day ever. See you down the road.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

The cognitive dissonance of UT fans is mind boggling. 

The Big 12 conference is not why you haven’t been more successful. YOU are why you haven’t been more successful. 

Newsflash: The SEC SEC SEC isn’t going to fix what ails you. In fact, it may actually escalate the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Negged for straight up trolling and spitting bullshit lies that have been disproven time and time again. You sound more like a bugeater than a raider, to be honest. Enjoy your best day ever. See you down the road.

don’t know how you prove or disprove something like that, but you’ve read arguments that align to your interest. I’ve just seen the other recognizable schools leave and the media made it seem like Texas was a large reason. I’m just a fan, I don’t actually know anything. 

Yeah it’s always fun to beat Texas. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Uncle Nate said:

The Big 12 conference is not why you haven’t been more successful. YOU are why you haven’t been more successful. 

Newsflash: The SEC SEC SEC isn’t going to fix what ails you. In fact, it may actually escalate the problem. 

Uh, I think the main reason for the move is about the $$$, not the performance of athletic program.

You do realize that was an excuse to make Texas look like the bad guy, right? 

A&M and Nebraska were in lock step with Texas regarding Tier 3 rights. Both Missouri and Colorado wanted out of the conference regardless. Nebraska wanted in the Big 10, and from a conference perspective it was a no brainer. They lost their ability to be competitive in football the same way Arkansas did when they went to the SEC, but that’s their problem. 

None of those schools have done demonstrably better from a competitive standpoint. Missouri is in serious financial straits. Colorado is making less money than they would have in the Big 12. Texas didn’t chase them out. They made a bad strategic decision in many ways but found a way to blame it on Texas on the way out. 

People love to spout your narrative, but it doesn’t make it true. The fact is, I don’t care. I was grateful for the Big 12 because the SWC was a terrible conference. I can’t say I’m grateful for the SEC, but I am grateful for something other than the Big 12. If you want to be angry at UT for leaving, go right ahead, but the fact is UT doesn’t owe Tech or Baylor or TCU anything. Have your own conference without us. I’m glad to see all you guys in the rear view mirror. Can’t happen fast enough as far as I’m concerned. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Zuerst said:

Houston is generally a better place to live though...

Depends what you’re looking for… chemical plants and deathgrip of humidity or blowing sand and cowshit.  I’ve lived in both, but for now, it’s West Texas.  

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Does UT need more money? Hasn’t seemed to produce results. 

Do you really feel the need to reply to the same post twice?  Money hasn't produced results for UT lately, yes, but in general, more resources get you in a better position to get better results.  And some people just like money...

Yeah, and the flagship school of the 3rd largest state with a plethora of recruits seems to always underperform. I’ll take being the underdog every time. Have fun with the letdowns 

still one national championship for the Tceh men.  number hasn't changed since your last post.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Yeah, and the flagship school of the 3rd largest state with a plethora of recruits seems to always underperform. I’ll take being the underdog every time. Have fun with the letdowns 

Really? Name the two states with a bigger population than Texas. 

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

Depends what you’re looking for… chemical plants and deathgrip of humidity or blowing sand and cowshit.  I’ve lived in both, but for now, it’s West Texas.  

Houston encompass a pretty big area... that's like saying all of America is land of obese and McDonalds.

I would personally prefer to live in Houston, Dallas, Austin...etc over Lubbock, because there* is more things to do and eat... cause I like to eat a lot

Edited by Zuerst
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, ztejas said:

I thought Norman > LA was funny - Lubbock > Houston might be even funnier.

People are very defensive about where they’ve bought property and call home. Especially if they are Texans. It can’t just be the best for that person it has to somehow be objectively the best based on a fake metric. 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Poor coaching hires is why Texas hasn’t been successful. Hire a better football coach, give them the tools to be successful, and things will be fine. They’ve already got the right hires in most sports, including men’s basketball. Need to make a change in soccer and IMO football. Texas just beat Stanford in the overall athletic department trophy. First time anyone has in 20 years. The athletic department as a whole is doing great. 

The conference isn’t why Texas has been moribund in football and men’s basketball. That’s idiotic. But Texas being successful in football doesn’t make the Big 12 a great conference all of a sudden, either. It doesn’t have enough television sets, and the overall athletic department budgets lag behind the other big name conferences. Better to go to a deeper pocket conference and be a part of that group rather than be among a group of schools scared of the escalation in expenses in college athletics. 

The NCAA is in an existential crisis. Better to be ahead of this curve, especially given how hard it is to make a change navigating around the state legislature. 

It will be interesting to see if the NCAA can keep the men’s tournament long term, or if the Power 5/6 conferences make a play for it. 

• Like 1