Things not going well in Brazil.

Parliament

Depends a lot on the shade of a persons skin. The lighter it is the better things go, generally speaking of course.
Boy is that the truth. Even geographically. Bahia is pretty black and shithole as they come. Curitiba and Floripa are white and badass. Rio and SP are just huge cities so they have all the problems and a few of the benefits that attach.

My dad is getting more pessimistic by the year. He's been there almost 50 and said it's the worst it's been since right after u left which was early 90s.

It really sucks.

Yeah, my only experience personally was there in the early '80's and that was Bahia. Had a buddy who lived on Sao Sebastian, don't even know if it's on a map. Little island off the coast, I think near Rio. Knew a guy here in Texas who was from there, he was from wayyy down south, almost Uruguay. White as rice, I think he was German descent. Good times, all from the whitest of white perspective of course.