True Detective Season 2

ATexanAbroad

2 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

You know how s1 slow burns from the beginning, but then mid way it starts really ramping and finishes strong? 

s2 just slow burns the whole season with no ramp up and ends poorly. 

S3 is much better

I thought season 1 ended pretty quickly and poorly. It wasnt bad it just felt very rush and that left me disappointed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WBT said:

It pales in comparison to Season 1 but it wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be here.  Except for the Kelly Reilly parts...she was worse.

I think this was my impression as well. I was entertained enough to finish the whole season but remember the plot being unnecessarily complicated and there being too many sub-plot loose ends. It was like the writer/creator was feeling himself a little too much based on s1 and so s2 came out as overly complex and beaten down with esoteric bullshit.

ok, think I agree with most. At first the season is intriguing, nothing out of the ordinary and the cast is good. Some dude got his eyes burnt out and there are shoot outs with messicans. 

Somewhere along the line it just feels like all the sudden there is so much going on and you dont really know which direction is the most important. 

Then the acting kind of falls off.

Then random shit kind of stars having like Len, who the fuck is Len, murders a sherrif in a train station with a knife and then the police come to save the day and shoot them both.

And then it ends.