The 150th Open | St Andrews | 10-17 July 2022

LTtxfan

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Hovland, being a logical Norwegian, will be smart enough to not go full Fowler and wear okie state orange this weekend, right? Surely by now they know the orange Julius look is shat on by the golf gods.

Which is better ??

143965344_crop_exact.jpg?w=1200&h=1200&q

Or

cd37f644c4e6d40f16d0eaadbae8b514.jpg

• Haha 2

Justin Leonard saying that there are pins today he's never seen before. The R&A is trying to protect the course which is pretty much indefensible in these conditions.

Loving the audio of the gulls being picked up on the microphones. So awesome, and makes the piped in bird noises at Augusta just that much more embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Oh terrific … a Tiger blow job.

We can only hope they get their obligatory knob slobbing done early today and tomorrow and leave it at that. There's too much damn great golf on tap for them to waste air time on Tiger's missed cut.

Jordan's teeing off right now. Go find a 63 today out there, Jordan!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wtf is this coverage? They must only have 3 cameras on the course

agreed, its hard to get into this when all they have to do it show the fucking shots.   show us the creativity not just some birdie puts

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wtf is this coverage? They must only have 3 cameras on the course

There is no fuckin' rhyme or reason to this coverage so far... just brutal.

And... Damn I hate financial services and insurance company commercials

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

And we didn’t even get to see a replay of it. I set a timer after the last “playing through” commercial…9 minutes. It’s freaking ridiculous.

They showed both shots. 

On NBC at least. 

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

You guys would hate-fuck Tiger given the opportunity.

Oh bullshit. We had 2 solid days of wall-to-wall Tiger coverage at the expense of lots of other quality golf. He missed the cut. It was amply covered in the post- and pre-round coverage. We don't need to sacrifice 5-10 minutes per hour of what is already infuriatingly spotty coverage of golf shots to listen to every other on air personality pontificate on what the future of Tiger is and the Open and will he ever play at St Andrews again.

I just spent the last hour mowing the yard and apparently didn't miss much golf, coverage wise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh bullshit. We had 2 solid days of wall-to-wall Tiger coverage at the expense of lots of other quality golf. He missed the cut. It was amply covered in the post- and pre-round coverage. We don't need to sacrifice 5-10 minutes per hour of what is already infuriatingly spotty coverage of golf shots to listen to every other on air personality pontificate on what the future of Tiger is and the Open and will he ever play at St Andrews again.
I just spent the last hour mowing the yard and apparently didn't miss much golf, coverage wise.

I somehow caught plenty of shots from multiple groups that didn’t involve a single second of Tiger. I saw more posts whining about him than his golf shots. I mean, I get it, but sometimes it feels like you guys are looking for it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I somehow caught plenty of shots from multiple groups that didn’t involve a single second of Tiger. I saw more posts whining about him than his golf shots. I mean, I get it, but sometimes it feels like you guys are looking for it.

The coverage has been fine today. 

1 minute ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Lulz. there has been more coverage of Tiger than any other player. He finished back around David Duval territory. How much coverage did Duval get? Maybe he will crash his car on the way to the airport, and we can get a reprieve next year.