Rochelle Garza - Attorney General

StassneyHorn

Needed a thread for name recognition instead of posting about her in Lazy McCrosseyed’s thread.

Latina from Brownsville. Will probably beat Collier and Beto in vote percentage throughout RGV.

https://www.rochellegarzafortexas.com/issues

Expand Medicaid, include vision and dental in health plans.

Would dismantle the current AG’s election integrity unit.

Believes constitutional right to access of abortion care. “Garza’s notice” became a rallying point when she beat Trump and Paxton to fight for an immigrant in custody’s right to abort when the US government would not allow while at the border.

Pro-collective bargaining and Pro Union

Not a shitlord to LGBTQ communities

Wants to hold accountable those for the grid failure and expand consumer protection from gouging.

Supports legal sales and recreational use of cannabis

End deployment of Texas National Guard members in Operation Lonestar, end the expensive and wasteful wall, and has already litigated against Remain in Mexico policies causing the crisis at the border.

Not an indicted felon 

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

She's a fine candidate, looks to have real integrity, and it won't matter because this state in its current form is nowhere near ready to elect a hispanic female who happens to be a decent human being to statewide office.  She could win if she was super-MAGA, but has no chance as someone left of center.

Just calling it like I see it.  She's got my vote, but she doesn't have a chance.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Needed a thread for name recognition instead of posting about her in Lazy McCrosseyed’s thread.

Latina from Brownsville. Will probably beat Collier and Beto in vote percentage throughout RGV.

https://www.rochellegarzafortexas.com/issues

Expand Medicaid, include vision and dental in health plans.

Would dismantle the current AG’s election integrity unit.

Believes constitutional right to access of abortion care. “Garza’s notice” became a rallying point when she beat Trump and Paxton to fight for an immigrant in custody’s right to abort when the US government would not allow while at the border.

Pro-collective bargaining and Pro Union

Not a shitlord to LGBTQ communities

Wants to hold accountable those for the grid failure and expand consumer protection from gouging.

Supports legal sales and recreational use of cannabis

End deployment of Texas National Guard members in Operation Lonestar, end the expensive and wasteful wall, and has already litigated against Remain in Mexico policies causing the crisis at the border.

Not an indicted felon 

lord-of-the-rings-lotr.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for starting this thread Stassney.  I've been thinking about one for all the downballot Dems, so this is a good start.  I am not sure we want one for each race as there are 7 (Beto, Collier, Garza, Dudding, Kleberg, Hays and Warford) and 5 higher court Justices (Maldonado, Reicheck, Nowell, Huffman and Johnson).  

Maybe we should have a 2022 Tex Dem slate thread and one for Republicans as well?

I like Jaworski and he's a great speaker.  I would be happy with either he or Garza, but Garza's gender and Hispanic surname are going to get her votes.  There was a poll out last week that only had Paxton up by 2 pts.   

Plus she has a pretty new baby at home, so she's not as free to get on the campaign trail as the others are.   

For anybody in Central-East Texas, there are several events coming up Sept 10/11 that feature most of these candidates.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...