Texas Recruiting Notes 2026: NIL Deals for flying cars

texifornia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aledo 2026 RB Raycine Guillory commits to Texas

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

(Two years in advance, with offers from 11 other programs inculuding Georgia, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and USC - Choice must love this guy.)

Spoiler

Aledo 2026 RB Raycine Guillory commits to Texas

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

The Texas Longhorns have landed a commitment from Aledo 2026 RB Raycine Guillory.

Guillory is the first commitment the Longhorns have landed in the 2026 cycle.

The 5-foot-10, 180 pounder committed to the Longhorns over Georgia, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and USC among 11 other offers. 

Guillory broke down the decision to commit to Texas with Horns247 prior to announcing his commitment to Texas. 

“Coach Choice he coached all my favorite backs also a real person great energy, real love, and that's just something that I’m big on and our relationship is strong so that made me shut it down Texas is HOME fam love him as well and just wanted to be a part of what Coach Sark is building”

Prior to Saturday’s visit to the Forty Acres for the Longhorns’ Junior Day, Guillory had previously been to campus just once for Texas’ game against Wyoming on on Sept. 16.

“It felt great [being at the Wyoming game] I could really see myself being in there,” The Aledo standout told Horns247 following Aledo’s 5A-D1 State Championship victory on Dec. 15, 2023. “The stadium was nice and the running backs were big and fast and running strong and I liked the way the coaches let them play and it was just a great experience."

If you don’t get it by now Tashard Choice is a huge reason of why Guillory shut down his commitment so early. 

“Honestly coach Choice. I’m not gonna sugarcoat it coach Choice is a great guy,” Guillory told Horns247 after Aledo’s won the 5A-D1 State Championship on Dec. 15, 2023. “When I talked to him about my injury he really made me feel more happy with myself because at first I was down and when he just talked to me on the phone and gave me those words of advice of what I needed to do and how I should take this it just motivated me for sure.”

As a sophomore Guillory totaled 1,236 rushing yards on 146 carries (8.5 YPC) and 17 touchdowns in 11 games of action. Guillory also had 175 receiving yards on 10 receptions (17.5 YPC) and 4 touchdowns.

At 5-foot-10, 180 pounds Guillory is currently unranked by 247Sports. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Osborne, Ball, Edwards, and Guillory are all stud RB's for the 26' class.  Might have been a situation of who would commit first.  Might be a two RB class?  Ball has been Fong'd to Texas.

Probably taking 1 in 2025 and 2 in 2026. 

Too early to have the commit first scenario IMO.

Osborne, Ball, Edwards, and Guillory are all stud RB's for the 26' class.  Might have been a situation of who would commit first.  Might be a two RB class?  Ball has been Fong'd to Texas.
Guillory might be able to accelerate faster than any flying car. Kid got some wheels already.

CJ Vogel thoughts from 2026 visitors from Junior Day:

Spoiler

While the focus of the Junior Day on Saturday was to get the ball truly moving in the 2025 class, the Longhorn staff hosted an impressive crop of 2026 prospects as well.

The weekend allowed for the Longhorns to get their 2026 class started with the commitment of Aledo RB Raycine Guillory Jr., though some of the top in-state prospects in the state for the class were able to meet with the Texas staff and see campus. A few updates on some important sophomores that were on campus: 

A pair of Temple (TX) prospects made the trip down i35 for the Junior Day – DL Jamarion Carlton and DB Jason Bradford.

Bradford is a 6'2" defensive back with tremendous fluidity. I have watched him a few times in person in training sessions and each time he has been better than before. High upside with offers from Oklahoma State and Texas State.

The Temple staff is also very high on Jamarion Carlton as well. Five offers in the books already – Nebraska, UNT, SMU, Baylor and Houston.

Texas hosted 2026 Panther Creek WR Jalen Lott, formerly of Lovejoy. Lott spent plenty of time with Coach Steve Sarkisian on the visit with one-on-one time in his office. Jalen is the son of Texas Hall of Honor inductee James Lott for those unfamiliar. I think there is five-star potential here.

Another WR to be on notice for is 2026 San Marcos Henry Harris. The 6-foot-5 wide out from San Marcos plays like he is 6-feet tall. He is quick and can move very well. Add Harris to the offer watch list as the Longhorn staff continues out of the trail in the open window.

Texas has not offered a 2026 quarterback so far. Sarkisian is quite picky with his quarterback prospects and likes using the "We are only recruiting you" approach at the quarterback position.

Right now, Tampa (FL) QB Will Griffin is the one I am keeping my eyes on the closest for the 2026 QB picture. Griffin arrived Friday night and spent all of Saturday with the Texas staff, including Steve Sarkisian.

Griffin, a 6-foot-3 gunslinger, is the No. 4 quarterback in the class per 247Sports composite.

35 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

CJ Vogel thoughts from 2026 visitors from Junior Day:

Hide contents

While the focus of the Junior Day on Saturday was to get the ball truly moving in the 2025 class, the Longhorn staff hosted an impressive crop of 2026 prospects as well.

The weekend allowed for the Longhorns to get their 2026 class started with the commitment of Aledo RB Raycine Guillory Jr., though some of the top in-state prospects in the state for the class were able to meet with the Texas staff and see campus. A few updates on some important sophomores that were on campus: 

A pair of Temple (TX) prospects made the trip down i35 for the Junior Day – DL Jamarion Carlton and DB Jason Bradford.

Bradford is a 6'2" defensive back with tremendous fluidity. I have watched him a few times in person in training sessions and each time he has been better than before. High upside with offers from Oklahoma State and Texas State.

The Temple staff is also very high on Jamarion Carlton as well. Five offers in the books already – Nebraska, UNT, SMU, Baylor and Houston.

Texas hosted 2026 Panther Creek WR Jalen Lott, formerly of Lovejoy. Lott spent plenty of time with Coach Steve Sarkisian on the visit with one-on-one time in his office. Jalen is the son of Texas Hall of Honor inductee James Lott for those unfamiliar. I think there is five-star potential here.

Another WR to be on notice for is 2026 San Marcos Henry Harris. The 6-foot-5 wide out from San Marcos plays like he is 6-feet tall. He is quick and can move very well. Add Harris to the offer watch list as the Longhorn staff continues out of the trail in the open window.

Texas has not offered a 2026 quarterback so far. Sarkisian is quite picky with his quarterback prospects and likes using the "We are only recruiting you" approach at the quarterback position.

Right now, Tampa (FL) QB Will Griffin is the one I am keeping my eyes on the closest for the 2026 QB picture. Griffin arrived Friday night and spent all of Saturday with the Texas staff, including Steve Sarkisian.

Griffin, a 6-foot-3 gunslinger, is the No. 4 quarterback in the class per 247Sports composite.

"The 6-foot-5 wide out from San Marcos plays like he is 6-feet tall." 

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

• Haha 2