Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Some notes from Saad Yousuf in The Athletic this AM:

• The Stars notched their third regulation win in the third game of the season. Last year, that came in the 16th game.
  • The Stars have scored four goals in regulation in three consecutive games. The last time they did that was three seasons ago, a three-game stretch from Dec. 29, 2019, through Jan. 3, 2020.
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Being +237 in goal differential will be fun too.

Yeah +10 after 3 games is pretty nice. This team is just playing quicker and sharper, defending better and moving the puck better & smarter. It's a pretty remarkable difference imho, even to my untrained eyes.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Val with 5 goals and in 4 games for Colorado. He had 0 in 57 his last season in Dallas.

Yep. He had 25 goals and 52 points in 62 games last season. Then he followed that up with nine more goals in the playoffs. He's really turned into a player for the Avs.

5 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Val with 5 goals and in 4 games for Colorado. He had 0 in 57 his last season in Dallas.

I don't know why he didn't make it here. He is obviously living up to the potential they saw in him. He was beast last playoffs.

Sometimes it doesn't work out with the team that drafted you. Sakic must have seen something in him.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The 82-0 dream has been extinguished. 

Show me a regulation loss.

2 hours ago, Assman said:

That's not saying much.

But it's hard to win giving up 8 PPs.  Robo v2.0 looking better than Robo v1.0.

I have real reservations about our Robertson as I'm not sure his game translates to the postseason. He's young and I could be wrong but I'm going to wonder until I see it ...